Bad Boy by Carolina Herrera

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
Now Smell This reports:

Carolina Herrera will launch Bad Boy, the masculine counterpart to 2016's Good Girl.

Bad Boy, the new masculine fragrance by Carolina Herrera, is a powerful and sophisticated scent for unique and irreverent men who dare to embrace all of the facets of contemporary manhood. The obscurity of Tonka Bean, Cacao and Ambar Wood contrasts with the luminosity of Sage, Black and White Pepper and Bergamot. The seductive aroma of Bad Boy is collected in an extremely distinctive flacon. Shaped as a lightning – symbol of heroism and strength in several cultures, this unique piece becomes a true object of desire.

Additional notes include cedar.

Carolina Herrera Bad Boy will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

ch-bad.jpg

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
I dont get the bottle. Is it standing like that? Herbal spicy amber citrus? Did they leave anything out, or just dump it all together and pretend its purposefully complex.i suppose id sniff it if i saw it in a store, but no matter how fantastic it was id just never own that kitschy thing.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Laughably amateurish copy. “Extremely distinctive...”? ‘Tonka bean’ is obscure??
And that lightning-bolt inspired bottle? Can anyone say “SHAZAM!”?? :wink:

mrcologneguy

Jan 2, 2009
The bottle is pretty amazing. I’d buy it just for that. Beats 99% of the boring, accountant-approved packaging out there now. Nice to see a little creativity now and then.

Zgb

Jan 20, 2009
The bottle is pretty amazing. I’d buy it just for that. Beats 99% of the boring, accountant-approved packaging out there now. Nice to see a little creativity now and then.

I actually find the bottle amusing. Some may bark it's tacky but somehow not to me. The bottle of PR 1 Million is tacky in my opinion. Btw. I'm an accountant however I don't let that define who I am as a human :D

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008

I actually find the bottle amusing. Some may bark it's tacky but somehow not to me. The bottle of PR 1 Million is tacky in my opinion. Btw. I'm an accountant however I don't let that define who I am as a human :D

LOL!

CH is definitely giving Paco Rabanne and Azzaro a run for their money on unique campy bottles. At first, all I was seeing was the SS lightning-bolt profile and it seemed rather appalling, but once I realized the overall theme was more girly and fetish like the last bottle, and the artistic value isn't half bad (that heel almost looks runway-ready), I lightened up.

I agree - amusing. Curious what my wife will think, but I'm betting that it "has to be a women's fragrance". Hilarious! Hope it smells bad. My Azzaro bottles are embarrassing enough! :wink:

Zgb

Jan 20, 2009
LOL!

CH is definitely giving Paco Rabanne and Azzaro a run for their money on unique campy bottles. At first, all I was seeing was the SS lightning-bolt profile and it seemed rather appalling, but once I realized the overall theme was more girly and fetish like the last bottle, and the artistic value isn't half bad (that heel almost looks runway-ready), I lightened up.

I agree - amusing. Curious what my wife will think, but I'm betting that it "has to be a women's fragrance". Hilarious! Hope it smells bad. My Azzaro bottles are embarrassing enough! :wink:

Azzaro, yes! Apart from their classics such as Pour Homme and Chrome, other releases such as Twin for men or Now for men, especially Azzaro Wanted etc. bottles are rather horrid.

Redneck Perfumisto

Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
I just smelled (and wore) Bad Boy Le Parfum, and my diagnosis is that they brought in Bruno Jovanovic as a kind of script doctor to fix up the franchise. This smells like his work 100%, although Bal and Beaulieu are listed with him.

This may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I love it. Wonderful strength and gloss - power accord, just shiny black coolness dialed to just short of too much.

d r e

Dec 24, 2018
I just smelled (and wore) Bad Boy Le Parfum, and my diagnosis is that they brought in Bruno Jovanovic as a kind of script doctor to fix up the franchise. This smells like his work 100%, although Bal and Beaulieu are listed with him.

This may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I love it. Wonderful strength and gloss - power accord, just shiny black coolness dialed to just short of too much.

My opinion on that one was that it was really unique for a designer fragrance. Before reading the notes, the Pepper & Grapefruit were really noticeable, but the Cannabis accord didn't stick out to me like if I was smelling a bag of weed or anything, and I often smell Cannabis accords in random stuff like Tom Ford Soleil Brulant, which smelled a lot like kief IMO

Didn't remind me much of the OG Bad Boy either, which I thought was another pleasant sweet mainstream designer 'clubbing' fragrance, but slightly different with a darker vibe

Redneck Perfumisto

Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
My opinion on that one was that it was really unique for a designer fragrance. Before reading the notes, the Pepper & Grapefruit were really noticeable, but the Cannabis accord didn't stick out to me like if I was smelling a bag of weed or anything, and I often smell Cannabis accords in random stuff like Tom Ford Soleil Brulant, which smelled a lot like kief IMO

Didn't remind me much of the OG Bad Boy either, which I thought was another pleasant sweet mainstream designer 'clubbing' fragrance, but slightly different with a darker vibe

Good thoughts, and agreed! I never even thought of the original EDT when I wore it or smelled it on paper. What it did remind me of was mostly an awesome but obscure Jovanovic scent from one of the IFF annual collections, with added hints of 1 Million, but not enough to seem clonish.

I did not get a cannabis accord here at all, but I miss those a lot because I'm far from an expert, let's just say! Sometimes if they are over-explained, I pick them up, otherwise it's iffy.

Really a bit of a surprise. I don't want to spend the money, but I like it.

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
I scored a bottle from a friend recently, and like all of CH's scents, it's extremely similar to the rest to me, just stronger. It wears very well so far, but it's certainly not a scent for the summer heat. I'll drag it back out this fall!

Redneck Perfumisto

Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
I scored a bottle from a friend recently, and like all of CH's scents, it's extremely similar to the rest to me, just stronger. It wears very well so far, but it's certainly not a scent for the summer heat. I'll drag it back out this fall!

Yes - a bit strong for summer - I was getting major sillage in just warm sunlight, but it didn't seem cloying, so fall is no problem.

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
Yes - a bit strong for summer - I was getting major sillage in just warm sunlight, but it didn't seem cloying, so fall is no problem.

Yep, I agree. Sometimes in the office when engaging in emergencies it can get quite warm and I noticed a little cloud following me, pleasant, but not too overwhelming. CH scents stay with me for a good while too.

Latest News