Azzaro have revisited their classic fragrance Azzaro pour Homme. | Basenotes

Azzaro have revisited their classic fragrance Azzaro pour Homme.

gido

May 31, 2008
thats what i read on the basenotes frontpage.
and now i am a little worried. revisited does that mean reformulated or am i being paranoid?

PorkFat

Mar 10, 2009
I think it just means they're putting money into marketing the fragrance once again. No matter how great, it never hurts to put a little money into getting the product out there. Azzaro pour Homme is a pretty great fragrance IMHO. They can't mess with it.

Has it been reformulated since being released? I'm sure it has but I have only tried my recently purchased bottle I bought blind from a discount store. The one I have is pretty good!

Last edited:

perfaddict

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 3, 2008
The "revisit" mentioned is just a new marketing campaign for the old war-horse that is Azzaro pour Homme.

Azzaro pH has been reformulated since its 1978 release. I have used ApM since 1979 and currently use the current formulation, which is not as strong as the original but still very good and true.

For a picture of the original version, see Shamu1's avatar - the Azzaro and other characters are silvery labels stuck on the bottle, whereas the new bottles have the Azzaro and characters in relief form.

gido

May 31, 2008
it probably has. i knew the bottle design had changed, which can be (and is often) an indicator.

Azzaro%20pour%20Homme%20ads.jpg

the old one had the logo in white, with the new one it's embossed. the silver line has moved. i've known both but only owned the newer edition. it smells great.
there seems to be at least one more actually, the first one is this,

Azzaro%20Pour%20Homme.jpg

the bottle in the ad in the article looks the same as the one i have. i really hope they have and will not mess with the juice! its classic proof that mans perfume can be both great and bestseller, both very manly and very fine.

what i didn't mention but adds to my fear, is that they were dumping azzaro ph bottles in sale, about a half year ago here at a local drugstore. which can also be a sign sometimes for either a new version or a discontinuation.

however i don't want to worry people for nothing. it's probably just that they launch an new add campaign to enhance sales.

Last edited:

gido

May 31, 2008
The "revisit" mentioned is just a new marketing campaign for the old war-horse that is Azzaro pour Homme.

Azzaro pH has been reformulated since its 1978 release. I have used ApM since 1979 and currently use the current formulation, which is not as strong as the original but still very good and true.

that (the first part) is great news.

when did this reformulation happen? my guess is when they changed bottles, the ones shown in the top picture at my previous post. is this true?
i have never owned the old one, but the new one is pretty much how i remembered it was from smelling it on other people. did you notice any difference besides strength?

Last edited:
P

Pollux

Reformulation means sillage is good but then settles in a very short time span while longevity is minimal. It used to be a powerhouse, now it is a shade of what it used to be.

This is just a new advertising campaign. If they implement it here in Argentina, they will only achieve success in associating the brand with a singer that is considered tacky as well as extremely affected.

Can't marketing managers be more creative?

Last edited:

petruccijc

Dec 5, 2007
I used to like Azzaro, but I am not fond of the reformulated version and do not consider it worth owning - even at discounted prices.

perfaddict

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 3, 2008
....when did this reformulation happen? my guess is when they changed bottles, the ones shown in the top picture at my previous post. is this true?
i have never owned the old one, but the new one is pretty much how i remembered it was from smelling it on other people. did you notice any difference besides strength?

to be very honest, Azzaro pour Homme has always been Azzaro pour Homme to me. I used all the bottles pictured in your previous post, but was not conscious of any marked change until i became aware of "reformulation" here on BaseNotes. One difference in the new version, however, has been the loss of a certain "bite" or depth that the older versions had. As i live in the humid tropics, sillage has never been an issue off my warmed-up skin.

seasoldiermarine

Aug 26, 2009
I'm wondering if the people in Azzaro are going with a marketing strategy aimed at a younger Man than the frag is usually known for. I've been wearing this Classic for about 30 years now, and when I wore it everyone I knew who wore it was a young man, with the exception of some Older men. I guess the young men who wore this then is now in there 40's- 50's, and possibly still wearing this. Thus the perception that this is an older man's scent. thus Mr. Iglesias is the new Muse for this one. BTW, I always thought a young Virile man could wear this one and get away with it. My oldest son is 20 and very Athletic and this frag fits him well

gido

May 31, 2008
i've got to try to find me an older bottle, then. when exactly did this reformulation happen, and is this older white logo bottle confirmed to be the good formula one?

gido

May 31, 2008
i' getting confused now.. my bottle is not the one in the poster, mine has the transparant embossed logo, but the silver line is on the top of the cap, not the bottom. so there are at least 4 bottles, then.
the box contains the extensive ingredient listing, not just alchol, water, parfum. which might be a indication too.
can someone please offer an explanation how to recognize bottles with the old formula?

P

Pollux

i' getting confused now.. my bottle is not the one in the poster, mine has the transparant embossed logo, but the silver line is on the top of the cap, not the bottom. so there are at least 4 bottles, then.
the box contains the extensive ingredient listing, not just alchol, water, parfum. which might be a indication too.
can someone please offer an explanation how to recognize bottles with the old formula?

It is the new one, meaning the reformulated version. The original did not have an extensive list of ingredientes, had a label on the bottle and the silver lñine was placed on top of the cap.

I can not trace differences in notes between both, but the vintage version had more sillage and longevity.

Latest News