Aventus batch numbers - Part 3

edgeowns

Basenotes Member
Apr 2, 2021
Hello. Anyone have any opinions or info on 4221W01A? Got it from Nose Paris when I went to France. How does it compare to old batches?

Thanks!

DaddyChill_33

Mar 9, 2022
Hello. Anyone have any opinions or info on 4221W01A? Got it from Nose Paris when I went to France. How does it compare to old batches?

Thanks!
I can’t make any comparisons as my current 21W01 decant is my first experience with Aventus …

BUT, I can say that I fell in love with it; and it performs great. 🔥

Its been good enough that I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a 500ml flacon.

alexde

Basenotes Member
May 2, 2013
i dont have any idea on what Aventus is nova days... Im still using 17 x01, 19p11, got about 250 ml each left. And full 500 ml of 19s01 along with 250 ml 19u01 unopened

scrizzFX

Mar 23, 2015
i dont have any idea on what Aventus is nova days... Im still using 17 x01, 19p11, got about 250 ml each left. And full 500 ml of 19s01 along with 250 ml 19u01 unopened
I been hearing some 21 batches are really good. I only tried 21n01 and really liked it as an older batch aventus enthusiast (2015-2018). I been hearing that 21w01a and 21w01b are also very very good. Theyre getting lots of hype on Facebook aventus groups. I’m looking to get some 21w01a decants soon…

scrizzFX

Mar 23, 2015
I can’t make any comparisons as my current 21W01 decant is my first experience with Aventus …

BUT, I can say that I fell in love with it; and it performs great. 🔥

Its been good enough that I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a 500ml flacon.
Oh yeah. It’s getting super hype everywhere. Ima look for a decant and possible bnib soon.

sziba

Apr 7, 2022
Hi folks, seen some of you talked about 2021 batches. Ive got experience with 2 of them.

I purchased 500ml of M4221W01A early january...guys total dissapointment. Amazing opening with fresh pineapple with some smokiness - performance is nowhere...2.5hrs and you can't smell it at all ( not exxageration). I was buying it to decant - some of the buyers assumed it's fake (was a pricey dissapointment - luckily 80% managed to sell).

Just 2 days ago bought a 500ml C4221N01 - more fruity , less smokie, way longer performance (today sprayed this batch on right hand the other on left and left one can't smell at all , right one still performs even after gym and shower!)

Just interesting how different 2 batches can be on smell and performance...

Last edited by a moderator:

sziba

Apr 7, 2022
Hi guys , Just get 21N01, its so weak... its authentic not fake. Can it be became better by time?
Believe me 21N01 is still a hero compared to 21W01...sadly 2021 ones are disasters... time & air will age it a little but don't expect 180 degree change..😓

cloudzeng

Jun 3, 2022
Bought a bottle of Creed Aventus from Amazon. Said it was sold and shipped by Amazon. My batch number is L4221Y01A. My first time trying creed, has anyone tried this batch before? Couldn't seem to find any information about this batch online.

AndyL

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 2, 2022
Would love to hear about the purchase!

Last year I got bottles of 21T01 and 21W01, on either end of yours MRLS, really different tops on them. The 21W01 is fruity, 21T01 is smokey. Heart and base notes are pretty much the same tho. Base notes improved with time, oddly enough, at which point longevity is not an issue.

MRLS_30

May 7, 2022
Would love to hear about the purchase!

Last year I got bottles of 21T01 and 21W01, on either end of yours MRLS, really different tops on them. The 21W01 is fruity, 21T01 is smokey. Heart and base notes are pretty much the same tho. Base notes improved with time, oddly enough, at which point longevity is not an issue.
My first Aventus purchase was 19P11 just a lucky purchase after sampling for the first time in a Nemian store.

The 19P11 of which I still have about 10% juice left is very potent and the opening very well balance between the pineapple, fruity apple and smokiness, it is by far my favorite. Sillage and projection lives up to the online legend.

The 21U01 was purchased to replaced a 20B01 bottle, which is almost completely gone.

The 20B01 has a good opening like citric pineapple to my nose, then settles into sweet smokiness - performance is good too.

Now comes 21U01, which is a disaster compared to the other two, is dark and musky, practically no Pineapple, replaced by what I picture as a green apple and after 3 hours can't smell it at all, becomes almost a skin scent.

Aventus Creed has become a pricey dissapointment.

goldv

Jan 14, 2015
Hey. Great to see you’re all still here. It’s been a while since I posted.

I’m loving hearing all this hushed talk of ‘16 and ‘17 batches. When they were released, all the talk on here was about how they were a shadow of the earlier versions.

Now the ‘20s are a shadow of the ‘16s. The grail batches are always about 5 years old. Hang around long enough and the ‘20s you’ve all just bought will be revered.

Funny how the good ones are always just out of reach…
Same exist with 2014 / 2015 ...
When i first opened my first 500ml of 15r01 was like a perfumed water)

My 500ml flacon of 15U01 was strong from the beginning but it had a generic note ...

First time i smelled 14L01 i was shocked ,not smoke at all compared my 2012 super smoky batches........

This is how i felt back then when i first smelled these batches....

PS
And back then, everyone was complaining that some batches are by far to smoky and unbalanced..

mustardsalad

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 27, 2016
I've been wearing Aventus since the end of 2015 when I first smelled it, and just had to get a bottle. That bottle happened to be 15X01. Love it. After smelling 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017 batches (and none since), my opinions here in 2022 have been relatively unchanged since first forming said opinions:

2010: Ashy smoke with pineapple. Quite bold, inventive, great for cold weather, but not quite wearable for all occasions like the later batches were marketed as in YouTube top 10 videos to come.
2011: Same deal, minus the ambergris - still quite smoky, decent projection.
2012: The smoky note turned into a grilled meat note this year, at least with the batches I've smelled. A bit odd - again, bold, but not super agreeable in all occasions. The grilled meat note can ruin it, honestly.
2013: Of the pre IFRA-ban Aventus, to me this is the most balanced execution of the smoky pineapple idea. Smooth, background smoke with the fruits, nothing too bold - just a hint of bold. A bit more wearable
(never smelled 2014 batches)
2015: I have a few bottles from this year, and this is my favorite execution of Aventus. Woodsy pineapple was my first impression of Aventus, and still my favorite.
2016: A bit more vanilla than I'd like, and the pineapple started to give away to other notes.
2017: I've only smelled 17Q11, and I didn't like it. Lots of pineapple, yes - but where's the wood backing, acting as the base holding it all together? It's a pineapple blast, then it disappears.

I can't imagine how watered down it is today. I'd probably still recognize it as Aventus if it were sprayed on a strip, but it ain't what it was in 2015, that's for sure.

firstascent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 10, 2022
I've been trying to look into any info for really any of the 2022 batches but doesn't seem to be much out there yet. It is almost August now so, anyone here have any '22 batches with any input?

gladinton

Oct 4, 2020
I can't imagine how watered down it is today.
Not watered down at all. The last time I used my 2020 aventus (20J01N), even after 18 hours I could still smell it every time I moved and I only used two sprays.
I also have a small 2ml sample of batch 11y01 and I notice it is different with the birch tar and smoke, but with the dry down I recognize the 2020 and 2011 aventure as the same scent.

mustardsalad

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 27, 2016
Not watered down at all. The last time I used my 2020 aventus (20J01N), even after 18 hours I could still smell it every time I moved and I only used two sprays.
I also have a small 2ml sample of batch 11y01 and I notice it is different with the birch tar and smoke, but with the dry down I recognize the 2020 and 2011 aventure as the same scent.
I guess I should've said the quality of the ingredients, then. Or at least the composition. Something's definitely changed.

gladinton

Oct 4, 2020
I guess I should've said the quality of the ingredients, then. Or at least the composition. Something's definitely changed.
Of course it has changed due to IFRA restrictions and reformulations, but yes it is recognizable as the same aventus scent no matter what the year is and it has always been a strong scent and still is.

wilfred

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 13, 2016

most people see things in very linear terms ie performance. is it still the same = does it perform the same. whereas the real changes have been in the smaller nuances of the scent. smells more or less the same but to those of us with a keener nose there are noticable differences with the newer formula. hell after mid-2016 was the biggest shift (along with many other Creeds) and aside from the odd batch it's all downhill from there.

Corgi171

Aug 9, 2022
I've been trying to look into any info for really any of the 2022 batches but doesn't seem to be much out there yet. It is almost August now so, anyone here have any '22 batches with any input?
Same here, I had a 21W01B which had no performance and barely any pineapple. I returned it and now have 22B11A, it honestly smells and performs similarly. Tbf I did catch covid last year so I'm not sure if my sense of smell has been affected but I have friends who said the 21 batch was definitely gone after a few hours and didn't project well.
As for the 22B11A, I'm still debating if I want to swap it out for another batch. I'm worried that this is just what Creed has come down to...and yet still charging the same price if not more.

goldv

Jan 14, 2015
My latest batch was 19P11..
Today i received for a first time the new formula(C4222B11B batch, in a 500ml flacon)...So far,i'm disappointed with the new formula.The top notes are very nice, but they changed some details in the heart and base of the fragrance..They remove some masculine/oldschool elements...

Longevity so far 8-9hrs

Last edited:

goldv

Jan 14, 2015
My most loved fragrance is Aventus and i hate Aventus Cologne.
I started my journey with a 30 ml decant of Aventus, batch 16H01 back in 2016. Then I bought my first 120 ml full bottle of 16K11. Then in 2019 I bought the next bottle, 100 ml of 18B11. Although they have tiny differences, they all smell great even now. Today I received my last acquisition, a new 100 ml bottle of 20M01. I didn't have high expectations, I knew about all the reformulations. At least I was hoping for a weak decent Aventus. But no, I received Aventus Cologne disguised as Aventus. The first impression is terrible. That synthetic note from Cologne that I hate is all I smell now. Unfortunately, I now have two bottles of cologne. So sad!
Aventus is dead indeed.

Last edited:

goldv

Jan 14, 2015
most people see things in very linear terms ie performance. is it still the same = does it perform the same. whereas the real changes have been in the smaller nuances of the scent. smells more or less the same but to those of us with a keener nose there are noticable differences with the newer formula.
Best comment so far!

augustya

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 4, 2014
Hi guys can someone please tell me how is this batch of Creed Aventus C4219Y11N 2019 Batch ? And is it worth buying ? can somebody describe for me how is the fragrance of this particular batch ?

janicha

Oct 7, 2022
Hey, I have really weird batch number. The source perfumery seems legit, never had any issues with them.
Creed has changed the pattern of batch numbers?

Attachments

• image0 (7).jpeg
    image0 (7).jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 29

janicha

Oct 7, 2022
Bought it anyways - really fruity, not much smoke (smells really good tho). 3 hours of medium projection, about 5 hours more on skin (which first 2 are strong, leaving sillage). There are new batch numbers, they also changed the cap - now it's all black metal.

JyyskNotes

Mar 12, 2012
Hey folks! Does someone know if vintage bottles really go for a lot of premium? I have a 75 ml bottle which is 2011 batch (yes, smells incredible). I haven't worn it in years, it's about 2/3 full and in its original box in my wardrobe. Not sure if I eventually end up selling it since I don't wear it but at this point I am just curious. Thanks in advance!

Algo22

Nov 24, 2022
Hey guys I used to be a member here a couple years back but couldn't long in due to an email change.
I'm using a 15ml decant of 18d02 I bought some years back and I like it, if anyone has a bottle they don't want just dm me.

I'm UK based, thanks

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...