Aventus batch numbers - Part 3

McMartin

Jun 15, 2018
I recently acquired a bottle of this batch. 21P01.

Highly alcoholic smell in the first 30 seconds (which I detest), weak in performance, specially in projection though I'd say it's acceptable. I'm kinda anosmic to Aventus sometimes so I don't want to judge it only for the first couples of sprays.

Having said that, it's aventus and smells fantastic.

XerxesXIII

Aug 11, 2021
Welcome back AT - so you managed to get some S11 - dank, no? U01 still reigns from 19 for me. Nothing since has got anywhere near - the lack of lyral has ripped the heart from the scent IMHO

Just gotten my S11 recently. I'm curious about how it smells after maceration. What is your take about S11 after owning it for a year or so? How does it compare to U01? I read that U01 is darker? Some say it's more pineapple, I'm curious. Thank you.

Nattyboh74

Oct 24, 2018
Re: Smokey Batches?

So I'm about a 18 months into the Creed phenomenon and I've just discovered something in the opening of a 16E01 batch that I am not familiar with. The best batch I have had was the 17y01 and all of my other Aventus finds have been in the 19's S01, P11, S31 and I really enjoyed 20B01N although it may be considered a reform or whatever...

Can someone describe the Smokey effect for me? I smell what seems like a burnt sugar or whatever in the opening then the dry-down kicks in the familiar Aventus fragrance... I didn't realize I didn't know what this whole Batch variation was until I got this what I would call "strange" aroma... Besides I have no clue what the original Aventus smells like or anything before 17y01 until now...

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

clear PM

Jowan

May 19, 2015

Hope all is well. I found a twice sprayed 1.7oz of 19P11 a few days ago at a really random spot. One baby spray a I could smell it 12 hours plus. What a gorgeous fragrance. Granted I haven't smelled Aventus in a while and my nose is cleared but my buddies on here can confirm I've smelled a batch or two in my past��

This bottle had perfect timing. Jowan is married wih a baby girl now. I loved reading all these comments and contributions while at the hospital. I got one gift after she was born and my wife bought me the bottle I found at a random gift shop at the medical center. The ladies said it was sprayed twice and hasn't been sold in over 2 years and couldn't believeI knew what it was. 19P11 checks my boxes. Very balanced and rich. Crazy longevity. It's smooth on my skin. I love it. You guys take care. Glad to see the group is still putting in great input and smelling great. 19P11. I get a half pineapple, half apple top with with a mid that is just making my eyes roll..I ruffled a few feathers in 19, but this is very close to what my vintage preferences smelled like. It's not identical but very close. This last over 18 hrs if I don't shower.. Not even a full spray. Just a baby pump. Multiple comments and then some.Trust me.. I didn't shower much during the labor.. Jowan out.

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009

Hope all is well. I found a twice sprayed 1.7oz of 19P11 a few days ago at a really random spot. One baby spray a I could smell it 12 hours plus. What a gorgeous fragrance. Granted I haven't smelled Aventus in a while and my nose is cleared but my buddies on here can confirm I've smelled a batch or two in my past��

This bottle had perfect timing. Jowan is married wih a baby girl now. I loved reading all these comments and contributions while at the hospital. I got one gift after she was born and my wife bought me the bottle I found at a random gift shop at the medical center. The ladies said it was sprayed twice and hasn't been sold in over 2 years and couldn't believeI knew what it was. 19P11 checks my boxes. Very balanced and rich. Crazy longevity. It's smooth on my skin. I love it. You guys take care. Glad to see the group is still putting in great input and smelling great. 19P11. I get a half pineapple, half apple top with with a mid that is just making my eyes roll..I ruffled a few feathers in 19, but this is very close to what my vintage preferences smelled like. It's not identical but very close. This last over 18 hrs if I don't shower.. Not even a full spray. Just a baby pump. Multiple comments and then some.Trust me.. I didn't shower much during the labor.. Jowan out.

Congrats Jowan!
Thanks for the review.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017

Enjoy in good health man! :thumbsup:

Unprocessed

May 24, 2020
So if it's an older batch, when you open it...it still will smell fresh and needs time to age once exposed to oxygen. It won't need as much time as a newer batch once opened since the ingredients will have macerated already but it still will need time for it to smell how it should.

You're in for a huge surprise, because 19U01 is one of those batches that changes massively from the time you open.

Give it 3 - 4 weeks and you will see yourself.

How would you say 19U01 evolved? What you describe the profile after aging for more than a year? Any thoughts on performance? I have a bottle of 18B01 that smells amazing and performs well and need a quality backup bottle.

nossman

Mar 22, 2019

Jowan, nice to see you back here though not for long! Glad you've updated your status to Husband and Dad! Thank you for you for the review! I love 19P11 myself yet never tried retail 1.7 oz version. Do you think it's different from flacon?
Wishing you best! Missing your crisp comments

Dunedain

Jan 9, 2016
Here's to hoping Creed can figure out a way to get the intensity of Aventus back, at least pre-2020, certainly. Maybe make a version away from the EU regs. They could bring back early batch styles that way. =)

hedgepig

Aug 29, 2017
Hey. Great to see you’re all still here. It’s been a while since I posted.

I’m loving hearing all this hushed talk of ‘16 and ‘17 batches. When they were released, all the talk on here was about how they were a shadow of the earlier versions.

Now the ‘20s are a shadow of the ‘16s. The grail batches are always about 5 years old. Hang around long enough and the ‘20s you’ve all just bought will be revered.

Funny how the good ones are always just out of reach…

Ineedcreed

Jun 27, 2019
Hey. Great to see you’re all still here. It’s been a while since I posted.

I’m loving hearing all this hushed talk of ‘16 and ‘17 batches. When they were released, all the talk on here was about how they were a shadow of the earlier versions.

Now the ‘20s are a shadow of the ‘16s. The grail batches are always about 5 years old. Hang around long enough and the ‘20s you’ve all just bought will be revered.

Funny how the good ones are always just out of reach…

You’re right to an extent but aventus has been neutered and watered down since end of 16. It’s really just a bright fruit salad kind of scent now.

Dunedain

Jan 9, 2016
Probably, but you never know. Imagine the buzz around Aventus Limited Edition, or whatever they would call it. Could be made in the U.S. or Russia under Creed's full control and with original ingredients allowed. Russia would be a good choice, they could make it there and then send it straight to France by train for Creed to handle distribution. Anyhow, a fun thought. =)

Staff online

Latest News