FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Hello everyone,

you certainly heard the rumours about Armani Acqua di Gio Profumo is going to be discontinued.
When I asked my contacts at L'Oreal (the manufacturer) they said they don't know anything about AdG Profumo going out of production.
But it already was a little bit rare during the last months here at German retailers and also prices went up.

Now Armani has removed the following fragrances from the french official Armanibeauty.fr website (same for the German one):

- Acqua di Gio Profumo
- Acqua di Gio Profondo Lights
- Acqua di Gio Absolu Instinct

- Code Profumo
- Code Absolu
- Code Absolu Gold

I'm not sure if they just don't have them in stock anymore and will produce them again in future.

As always - please do your own research!
I just wanted to let you know about what's going on right now.

Best regards!

FragFrog

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Yes, Prada L'Homme Intense is discontinued.
It's already sold out at the biggest online sellers here in Germany.

I haven't checked all international Armani websites but as the manufacturer is L'Oreal Paris I thought that the French website is probably the most accurate and up to date one.

To me it makes sense, that they skip AdG Profumo, as they are more focusing on Profondo right now or generally more on the fresher/"blue" kind of fragrances (which probably is also the reasion that the AdG Absolu is still there as it's this "Invictus"ish AdG version).

And why should they keep Code Profumo and Code Absolu, when they have the new Code EdP (which I personally dislike).
If someone wants sweeter fragrances they also offer the several Stronger With You flankers in the Emporio Armani range as an alternative to both the Code flankers.

Airegin

Sep 25, 2017
Keep an eye out for Gucci Guilty Absolute as well. The 90ml and 150ml bottles are gone from all Belgian retailers. Still plenty of 50ml in stock everywhere though. I checked several batch codes on the 50ml bottles and the most recent one was from November 2020. I was fortunate enough to find one of the earliest batches (February 2018). I also bought the only 90ml bottle I could find and that one's from July 2020.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Keep an eye out for Gucci Guilty Absolute as well. The 90ml and 150ml bottles are gone from all Belgian retailers. Still plenty of 50ml in stock everywhere though. I checked several batch codes on the 50ml bottles and the most recent one was from November 2020. I was fortunate enough to find one of the earliest batches (February 2018). I also bought the only 90ml bottle I could find and that one's from July 2020.
Yup this is one I planned in advance for have a crap ton of 3oz bottles on hand when they were found for $50 a bottle a few years ago. One of the best designer releases in years and one I want in my collection for a long time.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
I like Acqua di Gio Profumo.
Here's on of my older threads: https://basenotes.com/threads/all-y...i-gio-profumo-2020-2021-reformulation.487093/

As I've said there AdG Profumo wasn't reformulated (officially) over all the years since its release which is pretty unusual for such a fragrance of this house.
Maybe L'Oreal knew that they would discontinue it at one point rather than reformulating it?
Of course all speculation my friends! :)

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
GGA has been rumored to be discontinued for a while now, but seems to come back up like a bad penny. I do love it (probably the only one out of all the other fragrances mentioned in this thread), but have enough with my 90ml and 50ml that I got in a set a few years ago. I do see ADG Profumo and GGA fairly cheap and widely available at discounters.

If you do love any of these, can't hurt to purchase a few back ups.

AntonPan

May 8, 2008
In Russia AdG is vanishing from the shelves, the shipments have been stopped. That's a sign the fragrance has beeb discontinued or become limited to certain countries like France.

It will be replaced by AdG Parfum early next year (in Russia it s been already certified), but I do not have information on the notes yet.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
In Russia AdG is vanishing from the shelves, the shipments have been stopped. That's a sign the fragrance has beeb discontinued or become limited to certain countries like France.

It will be replaced by AdG Parfum early next year (in Russia it s been already certified), but I do not have information on the notes yet.
One can only hope Aqua Di Gio Parfum is solid and wows fresh fragrances are always welcome as long as they are good.

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
I really like AdG Profumo. It's the only Acqua di Gio version I will likely ever own. I consider it the best version and a masterpiece. I've used about 33%-40$ of the bottle (guesstimate from holding the bottle up to the light). I think I will buy a backup within the next 6 months or so just to be on the safe side. This is a scent I'd like to have in my wardrobe for a lifetime.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
One can only hope Aqua Di Gio Parfum is solid and wows fresh fragrances are always welcome as long as they are good.

I'm curious about that.
Will try it for sure.
But honestly my expectations are not that high.

The new Code EdP wasn't that good (worse than the current Code EdT and also the Profumo and Absolu flankers for me) and the AdG Profondo was also meh (fantastic opening and then that generic almost plasticy drydown).

Maybe production costs are just too high for keeping AdG Profumo in the line?
I mean if someone would ask me which of all the flankers I think has the highest quality ingredients I would choose AdG Profumo.
And you know, it's L'Oreal... ;)

Latest News