Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Yeah, that's this stuff: https://soylent.com/

I work with a lot of computer engineers/scientists and some of them are so into efficiency that they don't eat food, they do meal shakes.

You'll have to pry my real scents and foods from my cold dead hands (maybe health tech will allow me to enjoy it all for a longer healthier time 🤞) - and we can all enjoy ALD in the year 3000... Chinese Oud 20!
Wow, i know that some people are orderly, but just have meal shakes is another level 😯
Yes, same. As much as eficiency is good, we need to enjoy life as well, otherwise we are robots, and bad ones at that.
In that far of a year it should be Chinese Oud 3000 😎

Aug 26, 2022
Good to know. It‘s just interesting that he released the Ambergris trio as a spin off brand given that ALD covers such a wide range of products. The ALD house has vintage-inspired perfumes, soliflore attars, a few collab scents, as well as completely off-the-wall stuff like SG, so why do the Ambergris line separately and secretly?
The launch was at the height of all the hype surrounding ALD. I’d imagine he created the brand to see if the fragrances could match the same reception but sadly they didn’t. In my opinion a lot of ALD’s could be released through Anonim and they wouldnt garner the same attention. I had a similar thought as yours though. It’s been 3 years now and no new releases and let’s not forget Adam is usually quick to address any issue of hearsay yet he hasn’t even mentioned Anonim in the slightest. No confirmation or denial.

Most people I know haven’t even bothered to smell these. I know I only recently got my nose on them and after a few wearings It become pretty clear these are Adam‘s. If they’re not I hope Russian Adam will address this seeing as that means someone ripped ofor Russian Oud, used Adam’s name to register the website and also used his handwriting.

BeScho

Basenotes Member
Jul 20, 2021
Oh this sounds really interesting! Thank you! Have to check this one out....even though i don´t know how to sample this in germany.

Yeah the prices are insane. I normally dont support crazy 2nd market prices, but CO just ruined me.

Dear Adam...if you are reading this: please make Chinese Oud 2. I am begging you. The 2nd market prices are out of control.
Regarding your first paragraph; write me a DM, I can hook you up with samples ;)

In Amber

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 12, 2019
I have. Unfortunately I didn’t get tobacco notes at all but I did enjoy the Smokey cade oil or whatever material helped bring out that smoky accord. I’m guessing it’s both Oud and Cade or something similar.
this is perhaps worth looking at for you if you've not tried it , SJA Vetiver Cigar

avo1811

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 6, 2018
Vetiver Cigar is awesome. But, far from a straight forward "cigar" smell.
this is perhaps worth looking at for you if you've not tried it , SJA Vetiver Cigar
e

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Wore Agar De Noir today for the first time in several months and two things jumped out at me that I hadn’t noticed as much in past wearings.

1. The violet note reminds me of the one used in Baikal Gris quite a bit. However, the overall vibe of the perfume from violet being mixed with Oud and coffee smells vastly different in ADN than it does when mixed with grey ambergris in Baikal Gris, which has a little more of the halitosis smell to it than the white ambergris used in Atlantic Ambergris…at least to me.

2. The cardamom really stood out on my skin today, and I haven’t noticed that as much in the past. Now 12 hours since application I’m getting mainly Oud, which smells great! This is a very nice fragrance by RA.

Cheetah1919

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 16, 2016
Wore Agar De Noir today for the first time in several months and two things jumped out at me that I hadn’t noticed as much in past wearings.

1. The violet note reminds me of the one used in Baikal Gris quite a bit. However, the overall vibe of the perfume from violet being mixed with Oud and coffee smells vastly different in ADN than it does when mixed with grey ambergris in Baikal Gris, which has a little more of the halitosis smell to it than the white ambergris used in Atlantic Ambergris…at least to me.

2. The cardamom really stood out on my skin today, and I haven’t noticed that as much in the past. Now 12 hours since application I’m getting mainly Oud, which smells great! This is a very nice fragrance by RA.
I think AdN gets a pretty solid all around good review narrative, but I think it should be right up there with some of the most hyped ALD’s, and it just may as time goes on!

LinePlaneVolume

Basenotes Junkie
May 31, 2020
I think AdN gets a pretty solid all around good review narrative, but I think it should be right up there with some of the most hyped ALD’s, and it just may as time goes on!
AdN is another I feel really fortunate to have. Really one of my favorite ALDs, and the first composition of Adam's I purchased.

In Amber

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 12, 2019

e

e
agreed but the cigar, oud and musk is there with a great supporting roll from the other notes and i think he said he was looking for cigar and oud and although that is not primarily all it is it's still a great one if you are looking for the cigar note . It is awesome though as are some of the other SJA , especially Jaber

Tosef

Jun 5, 2017
Id rather him do oud Picante and release a proper Cigar Tobacco centered frag without much extra. Tobacco leather oud.
Oh yeah, sign me up for Oud Picante! When I started with ALD with the second collection, I had to make a decision after buying Atlantic Ambergris, and not liking Inverno Russo (at that time, now I'm craving it badly): either a bottle of Flux or Picante and I went with Flux. I'm not regretting it, I love Flux de Fleur. But as an Oud and spice lover, OP is haunting me ever since. Dusty Chinese medicine shop and wood paneled old peoples' home. 😍

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Oh yeah, sign me up for Oud Picante! When I started with ALD with the second collection, I had to make a decision after buying Atlantic Ambergris, and not liking Inverno Russo (at that time, now I'm craving it badly): either a bottle of Flux or Picante and I went with Flux. I'm not regretting it, I love Flux de Fleur. But as an Oud and spice lover, OP is haunting me ever since. Dusty Chinese medicine shop and wood paneled old peoples' home. 😍
I was reading at some point how "challenging" OP was and once i tried it - i couldnt find anything challenging.
When i first heard about ALD it was during 2nd collection, but OP was sold out and AA didnt impress me much, so i didnt pursue ALD at that time. Now that i am much more experienced, i am happy that Adam is doing clasics re-release. Hopefully we will see OP in the near future

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Having tried almost everything since 2nd release I would say Russian Oud, Oud Picante and Inverno Russo are the ones I most desire to see remakes of.My bottles of these are getting low and I hate to think of the day they run out :(
Yes on Inverno Russo... (y)

I also want Walimah as well!

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
I am wearing wallimah attar today, and would be nice if we could get an attar based 50% strength perfume.
Flowery fruity goodness on the base of really well done vetiver that adds a very nice aged patina to the scent 🥴

gstinkerter

Basenotes Member
Aug 3, 2022
oh no , wow where was that ?
Someone on Parfumo sold it. Was like seeing a effin unicorn. But ey...the legend lives on.
Someone got really lucky on this one
Hope we won’t see it x2 on Ebay Next week
That would be such a shame. Hopefully we´ll se a sharing because I´d really love to try it.

True...anyone seen the OG Siberian Musk?
Have never ever seen it. Would also love to try it.
Man it would be such a dream to smell all these old ALD´s. Maybe some expectations would be shattered...but it would be so worth it.
Maybe someday. Until then: Dreaming about good follow ups by Adam.

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Royal amber and Royal musk are great and pedestrian depending from which point you look at them.

Amber - as material in sandalwood is great, smoothes out the sharp edges. Not a very stand out scent on its own(not a smell of the sea) as white amber was used from what i recall.
As a scent - all you are going to get is great, silky smooth sandalwood without any particular note popping out. Its a sandalwood orchestra. Pretty good projection and longevity for a uni note scent.

Musk - as a material, musk is much more obvious as it probably should be. It indeed has a nice chocolate/caramel aroma without any animalic kick(to my nose) and even a touch boozy, but boozy only if you really looking for it. Musk also lends sandalwood an aged patina and oil is much more pleasant after musk treatment
As a composition, Royal musk is better than Royal Amber but still quite pedestrian. Light chocolate(not intense dark, but like a watered down chocolate drink) caramel note over quality sandalwood. As a scent it wont impress anyone around, unless they actually know what real musk and sandalwood are, and are head over heels musk fanatics.

Good opportunity for those who want to study materials though, reliable source and for a 1ml spli, its quite reasonable.

Let me know what are your thoughts on these 2 after more time spent with them :)

Proust_Madeleine

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 5, 2019
Royal amber and Royal musk are great and pedestrian depending from which point you look at them.

Amber - as material in sandalwood is great, smoothes out the sharp edges. Not a very stand out scent on its own(not a smell of the sea) as white amber was used from what i recall.
As a scent - all you are going to get is great, silky smooth sandalwood without any particular note popping out. Its a sandalwood orchestra. Pretty good projection and longevity for a uni note scent.

Musk - as a material, musk is much more obvious as it probably should be. It indeed has a nice chocolate/caramel aroma without any animalic kick(to my nose) and even a touch boozy, but boozy only if you really looking for it. Musk also lends sandalwood an aged patina and oil is much more pleasant after musk treatment
As a composition, Royal musk is better than Royal Amber but still quite pedestrian. Light chocolate(not intense dark, but like a watered down chocolate drink) caramel note over quality sandalwood. As a scent it wont impress anyone around, unless they actually know what real musk and sandalwood are, and are head over heels musk fanatics.

Good opportunity for those who want to study materials though, reliable source and for a 1ml spli, its quite reasonable.

Let me know what are your thoughts on these 2 after more time spent with them :)
I totally feel where you’re coming from. Really like the musk on its own or in combo with a simple Oud/rose. Royal Amber really is much better in combination.

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
I have. Unfortunately I didn’t get tobacco notes at all but I did enjoy the Smokey cade oil or whatever material helped bring out that smoky accord. I’m guessing it’s both Oud and Cade or something similar.
Ahh that's unfortunate. I got plenty of cigar notes along with the smoke, spice, rose and Oudh. Its a challenging scent to wear being so obnoxiously Middle Eastern `(which I love btw), but unfortunately also means its restricted to nights of pleasure and walks in the park.

Kbar

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 13, 2010
I’m giving civet bomb a wear today. It opens a bit rough. On my skin after the first 15-20min where the scent is a bit messy, I’m getting this woodsy sandalwood with a deep animalistic tone, similar to black ambergris from his anonim release. I get a faint mushroom oud note but it’s very subtle.
It smells resinous and somewhat faint incense like wood.

Overall i like It. I need to give It a few more wears

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
Having tried almost everything since 2nd release I would say Russian Oud, Oud Picante and Inverno Russo are the ones I most desire to see remakes of.My bottles of these are getting low and I hate to think of the day they run out :(
Inverno Russo is really good.
The first wearing I was a little hesitant, but after time, I began to really enjoy it.
I wore it about a month ago, and now I find it very special.
I only got a 10ml from strifeknot, but I still have about 5 to 6 mls left.
I really liked Indolis, but not many people did.
My Oud Picante has sediment in the bottom.
You are right. Inverno Russo.
I would 100% buy a full bottle.

haope

Dec 20, 2020
Inverno Russo is really good.
The first wearing I was a little hesitant, but after time, I began to really enjoy it.
I wore it about a month ago, and now I find it very special.
I only got a 10ml from strifeknot, but I still have about 5 to 6 mls left.
I really liked Indolis, but not many people did.
My Oud Picante has sediment in the bottom.
You are right. Inverno Russo.
I would 100% buy a full bottle.
Seconded. Would love to see an Inverno Russo remake, Flux de Fleur too

Aug 26, 2022
Do you guys have either any information about what Adam has planned for the future. Do you guys have any wishes about whats going to happen next?
I am really looking forward to some new infos/releases. But maybe I´m just bored.
I’m pretty sure Russian Oud is coming down the pipeline. He’s been saying that for a while now though. I’d imagine he’ll do one or two classics before the next collection and maybe a collab.

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
For me, the most interesting remakes will be Inverno, Kohi, Picante and Flux, as they have room for improvement, especially in their drydowns. On the other hand, things like RO or Indolis are virtually perfect in their OG forms, so I think Adam won't succeed as in the case of OE and SM. I just hope I'm wrong and ask soon for forgiveness : ).

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
I think indolis has room for improvement. To me it was too raw and green. Some smooth white cream like in Hera could improve it.
RO was pretty light and just a tad too sweet, fairly 1dimensional because top burned off really fast on my skin. More depth less sweetness and extended top would bring about a welcomed change.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
I finally got a bottle of Walimah extrait! WHOOOOOO!!!! So happy to have this beauty in my collection.:D

I've had Walimah attar for several years but have been unsuccessful until now in getting my hands on a bottle of the extrait. I almost had one about a year and a half ago, but the deal fell through and I was sad for a whole month.:cautious:

Now it's in my hands and I am so happy to have it. What an amazing fragrance Walimah is. So rich and filled with florals (love the way champaca is combined with the other notes of this fragrance), resinous notes, oud...just stunning. I noticed while wearing the extract that I'm picking up an almost incense note in the dry down even though it's not listed in the notes for Walimah. I'm in love with this stuff and want to say thank you to the awesome Basenoter I was able to transact with for Walimah! Most excellent!!!👍

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
I finally got a bottle of Walimah extrait! WHOOOOOO!!!! So happy to have this beauty in my collection.:D

I've had Walimah attar for several years but have been unsuccessful until now in getting my hands on a bottle. I almost had one about a year and a half ago, but the deal fell through and I was sad for a whole month.:cautious:

Now it's in my hands and I am so happy to have it. What an amazing fragrance Walimah is. So rich and filled with florals (love the way champaca is combined with the other notes of this fragrance), resinous notes, oud...just stunning. I noticed while wearing the extract that I'm picking up an almost incense note in the dry down even though it's not listed in the notes for Walimah. I'm in love with this stuff and want to say thank you to the awesome Basenoter I was able to transact with for Walimah! Most excellent!!!👍
Making people jealous 😄🙌🏽

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018

I've had Walimah attar for several years but have been unsuccessful until now in getting my hands on a bottle. I almost had one about a year and a half ago, but the deal fell through and I was sad for a whole month.:cautious:

Super! Congratulations!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...