Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
Looking over all of them I am mostly looking forward for Le Mitti. It looks like the only thing that I am still missing in my collection. That being said, I'm also wondering if I should get a Mitti attar(or is this a perfume) from Russian Adam, when there are so many attar vendors that are most likely more proficient in this art.
Most likely I'm going to skip these as well.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Looking over all of them I am mostly looking forward for Le Mitti. It looks like the only thing that I am still missing in my collection. That being said, I'm also wondering if I should get a Mitti attar(or is this a perfume) from Russian Adam, when there are so many attar vendors that are most likely more proficient in this art.
Most likely I'm going to skip these as well.
going to be a skip from me as well

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
All look very good to me though. And considering it will not simply be traditional indian made stuff that can be found through a few vendors, this will have a french twist to it, modernizing the formulas in a sense.
Only thing that is a little, not even concerning, but valid to wonder about, is cocoa note in 2 frags, and if there wont be much of overlap.

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
New EdP Collection Soon
@areejledore
·
9h

🔥
#ComingSoon - New and the first ever Eau de Parfum by Areej le Doré. Discover The History of Attar Collection in sprayable version.
✅
Full set and sample set ***Pre-Order*** Oct 8th, 2022 at 10 AM LA US time Sample sets: 65 USD (7 perfumes, 1.5 - 1.7 ml each)

Singularious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 16, 2018
What are the chances the sample sets arrive prior to individual FBs being released? Is that supply logistics glitch fixed? Disclaimer: I haven’t ordered samples since collection 4 or 5, and bottles were sold out before I got my samples. lol.

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
Adam has always done wonders with his florals. Indian and french styles are my favorites. I think I'll blind buy the full set and will come back into the fold : ).

Just like old times...

Jul 4, 2014
What are the chances the sample sets arrive prior to individual FBs being released? Is that supply logistics glitch fixed? Disclaimer: I haven’t ordered samples since collection 4 or 5, and bottles were sold out before I got my samples. lol.
Iirc collection 6 was handled pretty well, I think my samples showed up a week or two before the full bottle release. Hopefully they keep it up because I can’t say anything sounds exciting enough for me blind buy this time around.

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
It would really be nice to know the cost of the full set and individual bottles so that we can better plan for our purchases.

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Whole 2 people talked about it, and 1 guestimeted set to be over 1300. I think might be up to 1500 but not more

Ashfaque

Jul 27, 2017
I wore Ottoman Empire II (extrait) earlier today. Sometimes I wish it's oud, rose and other floral facets were a bit more prominent. Instead, it somehow becomes this fossil amber, myrrh, muscenone inflected musky amber trail. It could also be due to my very dry skin. Thankfully the attar is sublime on me.

waldganger

Basenotes Member
Aug 19, 2020
Adam just posted a video.

TL/DR:
Around 1700 for the whole collection but he makes it for 1500 for those who order the complete set and he offers the postage wich is around 100. Samples will be sent from the fulfilment centers but the collection will be posted directly from Thailand.

Dothraki

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 20, 2013
Since we just got some cool weather here, I jumped at the opportunity to throw on some Oud Zhen….and wow, so good! Since most of my collection is cool weather driven, I can’t wait to start back into some of the beauties! AdN tomorrow!
I just did AdN the other day and Oud Zhen today. I had to take a break from OZ because I went crazy with it for a few months straight lol. It’s perfect today. It’s nice and cool out I’m getting some nice almost vanillic creaminess (for lack of a better term) and that beautiful saffron along with what I describe as like a smoky cocoa effect. Good stuff! Can’t wait to see how this one ages after like 10 years.

I wore Ottoman Empire II (extrait) earlier today. Sometimes I wish it's oud, rose and other floral facets were a bit more prominent. Instead, it somehow becomes this fossil amber, myrrh, muscenone inflected musky amber trail. It could also be due to my very dry skin. Thankfully the attar is sublime on me.
Ooh this will be next on my list since it’s cool out. I love OEII…and I get the same as you from it, with a sparkly effect in there. Doesn’t come across as a rose scent to me either. But I love it! Speaking of the attar btw.

FragSyndrome

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2016
Oh noes, $1500 for a full collection, that stings! Bud damn do some of these look good.
:
Beauty and the Beast
Gul Hina
Mysore Incenza
Malik Al Motia
That’s the top of the list for me….

What am I ever going to do with 50ml of Mitti? It’s not wearable (30mi longevity). This really should have come in a 10ml bottle max imho.

Ambre de Coco…. Anyone scarred of this? I know I am, if RA says it’s challenging, you better brace yourself.

Reactions: qja

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
I am going to buy a sample set and test first. If the past is a predictor, for me some will be FBW and some not.
RA said the individual bottles will follow the sets by "a few weeks or a month."
That should be perfect timing to make an informed decision and buy the bottles that clicked for me as samples. For which I am grateful

Adding that I love the sandalwood oil RA used in his recent attars. If that sandalwood is featured in all of the sprays except the Mitti, I think I have that right, I might find that I like most of these new sprays. Thinking how much I like Santal Galore.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...