Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

May 7, 2018
Not sure Atlantic Ambergris Part 2 is the most widely attractive release, honestly, vs. his oud or musk centered scents, and there might not really be a need to limit purchases. The original AA was the last of the 2nd series, by far, to sell out at Luckyscent...it was still available there during the first week or two of Series 3's release (Russian Oud, etc...). I remember, as I was tempted to buy it at that time!

(I bet this is all noted if you go back in the Areej-a-pedia that is this thread!)

Oh, and Sinkinggrade!, OE part 2 is awesome! (Have not smelled part 3.)

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Not sure Atlantic Ambergris Part 2 is the most widely attractive release, honestly, vs. his oud or musk centered scents, and there might not really be a need to limit purchases. The original AA was the last of the 2nd series, by far, to sell out at Luckyscent...it was still available there during the first week or two of Series 3's release (Russian Oud, etc...). I remember, as I was tempted to buy it at that time!

(I bet this is all noted if you go back in the Areej-a-pedia that is this thread!)

(Walimah v2 would probably crash the site,)
anyway from my group its been split between reception regarding Atlantic a few much prefer the oud and musk releases as you've mentioned i like on the fence as it hasn't quite grabbed me yet, will it be my first ald? we will see, but i do hope those that get it enjoy and share there thoughts on it compared to the original release.

May 7, 2018
Walimah was another that lasted forever at Luckyscent and elsewhere at the time. And, all those various releases of the attar - it wore many different bottles. There was tons for the buying not long ago at all. Has the love for Walimah grown so much? I didn't think so, but maybe.

Indolis too, although it was the most expensive which factored in I think, was a slow seller. Florals were not the focus, to be sure.

Anyway looking forward to purchasing AA 2 tomorrow...in my mind Baikal Gris was an AA flanker already (ambergris and violet leaf dominant like AA?, add in some sandalwood), curious to finally smell AA, even if it is a new formulation.

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Walimah was another that lasted forever at Luckyscent and elsewhere at the time. And, all those various releases of the attar - it wore many different bottles. There was tons for the buying not long ago at all. Has the love for Walimah grown so much? I didn't think so, but maybe.

Indolis too, although it was the most expensive which factored in I think, was a slow seller. Florals were not the focus, to be sure.

Anyway looking forward to purchasing AA 2 tomorrow...in my mind Baikal Gris was an AA flanker already (ambergris and violet leaf dominant like AA?, add in some sandalwood), curious to finally smell AA, even if it is a new formulation.
I think it wasnt as much for love as for FOMo after previous releases started selling for 800+ usd.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Has the love for Walimah grown so much? I didn't think so, but maybe.

ive seen these pop on face book for very high prices and end up gone in seconds currently

litworth

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 6, 2010
How does ordering work? Is areejledore.com the correct website? I see a page there about Atlantic Ambergris 2 but nothing else seems setup and I don’t see a way to even order the fragrance at the 10am stated release time. Am I missing something?

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
I’m excited for Russian Oud 2 with natural civet as well. Oud Zhen’s drydown was glorious so it’ll be interesting to see him redo this one finally. I can’t wait.
Oud Zen never was an oud centered blend on my skin, but a resinous and animalic oriental, and not among my favorites (others may have experienced something different), but Zhen was, since the first spray, an oud (and more rounded) fragrance and very addictive and narcotic to be fair. I am sure that Adam is upgrading his materials for the Classics, since this is something that i have experienced before with other brands, where same ingredients and blend but from a different source give a complete different profile or even a flanker.

Russian Oud II will be something great for sure. His most perfect work in my opinion, even if it does not entirely fit me, but, on the other hand, I could never find any weakness during my wearings all these years.
Agree! But not as good as the OG (almost identical though). Part III is sadly a mess on my skin.
Um, Siberian Musk I might have something to say about that :)
Forgot that one. Most probably, the worst ALD to date.

Last edited:

avo1811

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 6, 2018
How does ordering work? Is areejledore.com the correct website? I see a page there about Atlantic Ambergris 2 but nothing else seems setup and I don’t see a way to even order the fragrance at the 10am stated release time. Am I missing something?
It won't be setup until the stated time. Once it hits 10am Pacific (los Angeles) time, it will go live and you'll be able to order.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Order # 1042. Just one bottle for me. I've been wanting to replace my bottle of OG Atlantic Ambergris since I was foolish enough to sell it 3 years ago. I'm really hoping AAII is almost spot on if not spot on. I was considering two bottles, but the one will last me forever as I have so many and rotate every day.

Extremely excited for Atlantic Ambergris II! Thank you Adam!

LinePlaneVolume

Basenotes Junkie
May 31, 2020
He basically sets up a new site every time there is a release. The platform he uses for release dates handles the flood of orders really well. Once that's over, he (likely) goes back to the less expensive platform. So, each time it's been like this (ever since he started taking this approach for release days). It just means the site has to be re-set up each time, and accounts need to be set up again, and the products page has template placeholders until the actual release time.

Maldoror

May 11, 2015
It looks like it got close to 400 bottles in less than 15 minutes. Maldoror had order 1354 at close to 10 after.
My order actually went through at 6 minutes past the hour, so it may be that 354 orders had gone through by then, or it may be that people had started orders before me (and had numbers pending, waiting for payments to be completed) which hadn't gone through yet (I'm not sure exactly how it works).

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Only from ALD, where you would see 300+ bottles literally flew off of the shelf in less than 15min..... 🤣🤣

394 bottles left now. that's 20min later. 😲

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
Just placed my Order #1390

Anyone have suggestions for high quality decants that won’t evaporate over time? I want to put 10ml’s in a decant and see how it oxidizes and changes over the next few months in comparison to the big bottle.

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
I first got a confirmation e-mail for order 1026, only to come back again 40 minutes later and find out that my order got canceled (ha??). Made another one, number 1446 this time around. Weird. I guess there are more than 500 bottles available, and that's just for the pre-order. I'm actually very happy that Adam is working hard on cutting off the FOMO drama when it comes to his perfumes. Hopefully, very soon people won't have to go around selling their car in order to get a bottle of Areej.

Latest News