Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

pfranka

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010
This is usually the one descriptor that keeps me from even giving a fragrance a chance.

Since I’ve never smelled it, do others consider OG Atlantic Ambergris to have a barbershop vibe?
Yes, a little. It was the cloves and the barbershop that made me sell mine. It's not strong barbershop but for me it was definitely there.

May 7, 2018
What is considered "frothing" is usually, as a little bit above (and quickly dismissed), just saying, "Hey, what's up with that?"

We don't see, and I really can't imagine we will see, people losing their minds about the size variation. Curious, looking for an explanation, confused even, yes. And, nothing wrong with that I say. Everyone has a right to ask why something is the way it is, and that is not out of line, entitled, or what have you.

Anyway, great explanation, (apology even~!), from our man Adam. Great video.

Figures that the one that has gone south on me (Cuir de Russie has gone the way of that whole 6th? collection...way too powdery now!) is one that has a few more ml than I thought! But! Maybe I've got a few more ml's to play with in my Koh-i-noor and Baikal Gris bottles! Here's to bottle size variation! Love it.

Singularious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 16, 2018
What is considered "frothing" is usually, as a little bit above (and quickly dismissed), just saying, "Hey, what's up with that?"

We don't see, and I really can't imagine we will see, people losing their minds about the size variation. Curious, looking for an explanation, confused even, yes. And, nothing wrong with that I say. Everyone has a right to ask why something is the way it is, and that is not out of line, entitled, or what have you.

Anyway, great explanation, (apology even~!), from our man Adam. Great video.

Figures that the one that has gone south on me (Cuir de Russie has gone the way of that whole 6th? collection...way too powdery now!) is one that has a few more ml than I thought! But! Maybe I've got a few more ml's to play with in my Koh-i-noor and Baikal Gris bottles! Here's to bottle size variation! Love it.
Agreed. I actually continue to be impressed with Adam's transparency and honesty.

But it's also charming and nostalgic to have these custom bottles that are actually all unique. Seems to match the art it contains.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Easy blind buy for me. I noticed the juice seems reddish this time around unlike the OG which was more of golden amber… I wonder what accounts for this visual difference. 🤔

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Very much agreed. No frothing necessary. He acknowledged the question on different volumes and gave a perfectly reasonable explanation.
Maybe this new Atlantic Ambergris 2 is going to smell so good it's gonna make people start foaming at the mouth? :ROFLMAO:

At any rate, It's rare to see this level of honesty and sincerity from any perfumers these days, very impressive that he is sticking with his principle and continues to offer his products at the same price as 3 to 4 years ago, instead of making excuses like inflation, or raw material shortage to jack up the price in order to make a few quick bucks like many others do. and at the same time keep finding room to improve on the overall ordering/shopping experience.

FFUjuS3UcAAW-KD.jpg

Last edited:

Oud Dude

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 22, 2018
I'm wearing Baikal Gris today for the first time in probably 18 months. Wow, this has gotten even better. Breathtaking atmosphere of being out there on a cold glacial lake.
I've been wearing BG (sometimes layering it with the attar) again recently and it's just heavenly. I just wind up wanting to bathe in the stuff. It's gonna hurt when it's all gone!

litworth

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 6, 2010
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but has the price for the AA2 been released? If so then can you tell me what the price will be?

Diamond Joe

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
Agreed. I actually continue to be impressed with Adam's transparency and honesty.

Same here. I find his transparency refreshing, and I respect him for it.

At any rate, It's rare to see this level of honesty and sincerity from any perfumers these days, very impressive that he is sticking with his principle and continues to offer his products at the same price as 3 to 4 years ago, instead of making excuses like inflation, or raw material shortage to jack up the price in order to make a few quick bucks like many others do. and at the same time keep finding room to improve on the overall ordering/shopping experience.

I think one of the reasons Areej Le Dore has such a devoted and fanatical fanbase (what other house sells out every release, often within hours of release?? what other house even HAS specific release times??) is due to exactly what you guys are saying.

Russian Adam is such a humble and honest dude and his business is so customer-focused that its hard to not want to support him. I laughed out loud when he said "I don't mind giving away 2 or 3ml, but I wouldn't want to short someone"... Uh, you don't mind giving away 2-3 ml PER BOTTLE, you mean?? Like 8 or 900ml over the course of a ~300 bottle release?? Its refreshing to have a businessman with that mind set.

When you compare ALD to similar, high-end artisinal - ALD is a pretty fantastic value. I dare say many of his ingredients are of a quality that could rival anything from Agar or Ensar, and his creations are 2/3 to 1/2 the price. His blending is equally on par with any of his peers.

Singularious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 16, 2018
I think one of the reasons Areej Le Dore has such a devoted and fanatical fanbase (what other house sells out every release, often within hours of release?? what other house even HAS specific release times??) is due to exactly what you guys are saying.

Russian Adam is such a humble and honest dude and his business is so customer-focused that its hard to not want to support him. I laughed out loud when he said "I don't mind giving away 2 or 3ml, but I wouldn't want to short someone"... Uh, you don't mind giving away 2-3 ml PER BOTTLE, you mean?? Like 8 or 900ml over the course of a ~300 bottle release?? Its refreshing to have a businessman with that mind set.

When you compare ALD to similar, high-end artisinal - ALD is a pretty fantastic value. I dare say many of his ingredients are of a quality that could rival anything from Agar or Ensar, and his creations are 2/3 to 1/2 the price. His blending is equally on par with any of his peers.
Well said.

And I feel like Adam and Teone Reinthal are birds of a feather in this way. Her production approach is different, but her business practices and blending are both superb. 🙂

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020

I think ALD business model is unmatched and unparallel, he is on top of his game when it comes to going out of his way to take care of his fans and customers, he aimed to please, case in point with the Santal Galore ordering system glitch, due to miscalculated stock count from the website, he could have easily cancel those extra orders....like Luckyscent always do, but he went out of his way to whip up a new batch to fulfill every single last one of the order. THIS is what accountability is about, with a customer-first mentality, and THIS, is what "going above and beyond" really means. Russian walk the walk, and didn't just talk the talk, that dude is a rarity in the fragrance community, or any other business for the matter.

Taha from Agar Aura has a similar business practice as well, he is a standup and honest dude.

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
I won't be home for the release on December 4th,
but I just put in for a 5ml of Atlantic Ambergris ll with strifeknot.
I still have about 8mls left of a 10 ml from the original, so now maybe I can spritz a little of the 10 ml.
I love it.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
I won't be home for the release on December 4th,
but I just put in for a 5ml of Atlantic Ambergris ll with strifeknot.
I still have about 8mls left of a 10 ml from the original, so now maybe I can spritz a little of the 10 ml.
I love it.
Russian Adam said that people can buy for their friends so maybe someone can help you get a bottle still!

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
Russian Adam said that people can buy for their friends so maybe someone can help you get a bottle still!
Well, thank you so much CastingShadows.
D you remember what social media page you saw this?
I will look it up, but I'm not on Instsa, Twitter, and FB any longer.
Some of these social pages won't let you scroll down or check pictures or links etc.
I'm wondering if someone who is already purchasing a bottle can do this?
Again, thank you so much for the info.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
It’s the YouTube video actually! Russian Adam said there’s no bottle limit with this one 😎😎😎
Well, thank you so much CastingShadows.
D you remember what social media page you saw this?
I will look it up, but I'm not on Instsa, Twitter, and FB any longer.
Some of these social pages won't let you scroll down or check pictures or links etc.
I'm wondering if someone who is already purchasing a bottle can do this?
Again, thank you so much for the info.

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
Just rewatched the video, and don't see where the bottle limit per person is mentioned, nor have I seen it stated in ALD's Instagram posts.

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
copied&pasted
- Expect possible delays (within 1 month) in processing large number of orders.
- You will receive a tracking number once your order is dispatched.
- If you wish to log in to our website, please create a new account as we have moved to a new website, do not choose "forgot/reset the password". However, you also will be able to check out as a guest (no need to create a new account).

Thank you and have a fragrant day!
ALD Team

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
Just rewatched the video, and don't see where the bottle limit per person is mentioned, nor have I seen it stated in ALD's Instagram posts.

My memory kind of blurs everything together haha. I try and stay up to date with his Instagram stories for these releases but I always forget to save them.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
Nice catch, I didn't notice that when I watched it. It does make me think that there must be a very large number of bottles created for this one then, if I were to speculate at bit.
I noticed that he doesn’t really limit his wide releases and they’re usually around a thousand bottles or so. I’m guessing we’re gonna see somewhere around that number with AA2. His limited releases sell out instantly but then you have things like WP2, Grandenia and CdR that seemed to sit on the shelf for a better part of the year but they were also large batches. That leads me to believe the sweet spot is around 600 patrons and then a couple dozen folks who buy multiples. Obviously this is all speculation but it kind of makes sense if you think about it so I’m hoping this release should be nice and easy/stress free. 😅

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
What I love about Adam and the brand is that every part II, with the sole exception of Ottoman Empire, is better than the OG. The Classic collection is a fantastic idea, and I would like to see Picante, Inverno Russo (with natural civet and a better oud) and Flux de Fleur again. These 3 are easy blind buys for me, back-ups included for the former.

Curious about the new AA.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
What I love about Adam and the brand is that every part II, with the sole exception of Ottoman Empire, is better than the OG. The Classic collection is a fantastic idea, and I would like to see Picante, Inverno Russo (with natural civet and a better oud) and Flux de Fleur again. These 3 are easy blind buys for me, back-ups included for the former.

Curious about the new AA.
I’m excited for Russian Oud 2 with natural civet as well. Oud Zhen’s drydown was glorious so it’ll be interesting to see him redo this one finally. I can’t wait.

Latest News