Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

Sea Roses

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 6, 2011
My Siberian musk bottle # 57 not 56 . Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know Mustafa911.......my order was placed before you placed your order. My perfumes were delayed in Leipzig clearing customs there.

regards

sea roses

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Sea Roses, do you mean to say you get mostly lime in the opening? No spice at all?

freewheelingvagabond
is absolutely on the money about the musk. There is zero skank to be found in Siberian Musk and I find this rather surprising given its genuine deer musk content. But if I understood it correctly such differences could be attributed to variations in species of muskdeer the musk grains originate from, the muskdeers' natural habitat and the musk tincturing process. Perhaps ClaireV's next article on musk will shed some light on this fascinating subject. :smiley:

This absence of stank does not necessarily mean Siberian Musk is not animalic. The animalic aspect lies deep at the subterranean level - I feel it more than I smell it. Perhaps that's why it has been variously described by different wearers in broad textural and visceral terms of "hugs, embraces, warm blankets, fur, fluffy, soft, etc."

I'm looking forward to Vmaster's experience with it. Hope the bottle arrives intact. Right now I'm dying to wear out my Ottoman Empire but the cold I'm currently tolerating will simply attenuate the experience.

Last edited:

Mustafa911

Apr 6, 2015
Today we've had 91 degree in NJ. I dab some Ottoman Empire and left home for post office . As soon as I walked up to the counter , usps lady few feet away asked you must be the one wearing cologne because you are the only one in the shop. I embarrassingly replied yes !!

I asked her of an impression of Ottoman Empire and she replied it's beautiful and she loved it !!

First time ever I wore Ottoman Empire outside home and on 90 degrees and received the compliment . I only used maybe few drops

Ottoman Empire really projects even in hot weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vmaster

Jan 27, 2015
Are the Areej le Doré fragrances applied with an atomizer or a wand? (spray or oil?)

I'm looking forward to Vmaster's experience with it. Hope the bottle arrives intact.
Myself as well! So far I have only received the paypal payment confirmation.

Last edited:

Mustafa911

Apr 6, 2015
Are the Areej le Doré fragrances applied with an atomizer or a wand? (spray or oil?)

Myself as well! So far I have only received the paypal payment confirmation.

Spray. I dab it today because I am on last few drops of my sample and atomizer doesn't work with low supplies

Sea Roses

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 6, 2011
Sea Roses, do you mean to say you get mostly lime in the opening? No spice at all?

freewheelingvagabond
is absolutely on the money about the musk. There is zero skank to be found in Siberian Musk and I find this rather surprising given its genuine deer musk content. But if I understood it correctly such differences could be attributed to variations in species of muskdeer the musk grains originate from, the muskdeers' natural habitat and the musk tincturing process. Perhaps ClaireV's next article on musk will shed some light on this fascinating subject. :smiley:

This absence of stank does not necessarily mean Siberian Musk is not animalic. The animalic aspect lies deep at the subterranean level - I feel it more than I smell it. Perhaps that's why it has been variously described by different wearers in broad textural and visceral terms of "hugs, embraces, warm blankets, fur, fluffy, soft, etc."

I'm looking forward to Vmaster's experience with it. Hope the bottle arrives intact. Right now I'm dying to wear out my Ottoman Empire but the cold I'm currently tolerating will simply attenuate the experience.

Dear Diamondflame,

My first blast was the limes....and being a lover of limes, the quality of this really shocked me. Certainly I did get spices but not initially, they seemed to come in 15 minutes into the fragrance. My response was short as I am having a hectic week........but this is a beautiful perfume. And I have to get back to Adam about the other scents because they are also stunning.

Re your comments on *shank* which I found nothing off.......and this brings up an interesting matter about musk. Greeks tend to be very *blunt* at times and there is a woman I buy perfumes from at Athens duty free. Must have got her on a bad day as I asked did she have anything interesting in aside from the usual lines. She blurted out to me after 30 years in perfumes she was just fed up and wanted to smell clean, comforted and fresh. She then said take this .......like an imperative command.......it was NR Musc and said I'm the manager for you it's half price.

Yes people's misconceptions about musk need to be explained perhaps. Today I was tempted to wear Siberian Musk, but I have much to do and don't have time to jot down notes.

Instead I put on MKK...which I think is also a wonderful perfume.

And also I adore Serge Noir........to me, this must be what opium is like...with an exquisite smell. Whenever I get insomnia I put sprays on my wrist go back to bed sniff my wrists and I'm off into a deep sleep waking to heavenly wafts. And yes I am one of those OCD people who changes my sheets every day. Was brought up that way and nothing is going to change now!

kind regards

sea roses

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Thanks for the link, ClaireV. I haven't gone deep into 'sandalwood' yet so this interests me greatly.

The good news is my cold is finally gone, and my nose is working well again. To celebrate, I'm wearing out the last drops of Ottoman Empire. :smiley: And no, I don't smell 'animal urine' at all though I seemed to freak a stray cat out with my fragrance. I wonder which part has that effect though. *sigh* I could really use more of this juice... like 50 ml more. :evil:

Mustafa911

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks for the link, ClaireV. I haven't gone deep into 'sandalwood' yet so this interests me greatly.

The good news is my cold is finally gone, and my nose is working well again. To celebrate, I'm wearing out the last drops of Ottoman Empire. :smiley: And no, I don't smell 'animal urine' at all though I seemed to freak a stray cat out with my fragrance. I wonder which part has that effect though. *sigh* I could really use more of this juice... like 50 ml more. :evil:

I am placing an order today for Ottoman Empire . Do you want to share any performance/compliment story of ottomon Empire ?

Mustafa911

Apr 6, 2015
http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2017/07/12/feel-oud-part-i-luxury-artisanal-ouds-oils-how-theyre-made/

For those of you interested in Russian Adam's main venture, oud and sandalwood oils, please see above a most excellent and thorough article by Kafkaesque on FeelOud, published today! Reviews of some of his pure ouds and sandalwood distillations to follow.

Thanks Claire !! Very good reading .
I am considering sandal 1000k once its ready for release

Btw : Kafa female or male ? I've read many reviews by Kafa but couldn't sort out the gender as the reviews cover man and woman parfums

ClaireV

Mar 25, 2014
Thanks Claire !! Very good reading .
I am considering sandal 1000k once its ready for release

Btw : Kafa female or male ? I've read many reviews by Kafa but couldn't sort out the gender as the reviews cover man and woman parfums

Adam's Sandal is very good, Mustafa - I reviewed it on my blog along with the Areej Le Dore samples. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you are a sandalwood fan. Lovely creamy s. album from 100 year old buried root stock of s. album trees.

ETA: I actually don't know what Kafkaesque's gender is, so I shouldn't have commented! Anyway, I believe it doesn't matter. Like many people, he or she doesn't view perfumes are gendered and so reviews both equally (and equally well, might I add)!

Last edited:

Mustafa911

Apr 6, 2015
Adam's Sandal is very good, Mustafa - I reviewed it on my blog along with the Areej Le Dore samples. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you are a sandalwood fan. Lovely creamy s. album from 100 year old buried root stock of s. album trees.

ETA: I actually don't know what Kafkaesque's gender is, so I shouldn't have commented! Anyway, I believe it doesn't matter. Like many people, he or she doesn't view perfumes are gendered and so reviews both equally (and equally well, might I add)!

Yes read your review sandal100k . Thank you

SayfAli

Jun 25, 2017
Areej le Dore is actually very unique and true prestine quality brand. Sells itself I must say. Caters to what alot have been in search for...some all their lives.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Vmaster

Jan 27, 2015
I feel like Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth when I say:
"Good news everyone!" My Siberian Musk arrived!

It is alot better than I even hoped it would be!

Bottle #91

I put it on about 10 minutes ago.
Opening was a slightly sharp citrus, smokey, with a touch of sweetness. Right now the musk is showing itself but it is not animalic/barnyard; more like a potent woody leather. I am looking forward to the drydown.

If you are considering making a purchase, hurry! It is amazing!

Edit: I am at work and people are liking it; except one girl but she enjoys synthetic fruity perfume.

Last edited:

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Congrats on your bottle, Vmaster!! It is a smooth animal, isn't it? I have yet to get a compliment on it (not that I've been looking for one) but I remember smiling and feeling so grateful while enjoying the scent as I drove around in my car.

Bottle No. 91? Does that mean there's only 9 left??

p/s: I'm not in 'marketing' but I do have to do alot of 'convincing' ... :wink:

Last edited:

Vmaster

Jan 27, 2015
Congrats on your bottle, Vmaster!! It is a smooth animal, isn't it? I have yet to get a compliment on it (not that I've been looking for one) but I remember smiling and feeling so grateful while enjoying the scent as I drove around in my car.

Bottle No. 91? Does that mean there's only 9 left??

p/s: I'm not in 'marketing' but I do have to do alot of 'convincing' ... :wink:

Thank you Diamondflame. Best musk-based perfume I have smelled to date. I think it is because it is not so "beat you over the head" animalic.

Yes, 9 left. I had placed my order on the 10th of July, and it shipped from Thailand yesterday.

If you wish to stock up, now is the time!

Edit: I must say, I do like the fact that it is not a linear scent. Over the hours it was changing up quite a bit, even when the leathery musk was most prominent.

Last edited:

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
BREAKING NEWS:

Hey guys, I just received a PM from Russian Adam himself: the bottles of Siberian Musk are NOT sent out in chronological order. Although Vmaster has bottle no. 91, there are still around 20 bottles left in stock.

Adam's going on a business trip to source for more raw materials btw. Here's wishing him a fruitful journey and more spectacular fragrances in the near future! :smiley:

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
BREAKING NEWS:

Hey guys, I just received a PM from Russian Adam himself: the bottles of Siberian Musk are NOT sent out in chronological order. Although Vmaster has bottle no. 91, there are still around 20 bottles left in stock.

Adam's going on a business trip to source for more raw materials btw. Here's wishing him a fruitful journey and more spectacular fragrances in the near future! :smiley:

Diamondflame, does this mean that he will be making more of this particular scent, or will he be sourcing the ingredients for brand new scents? I remember that ClaireV said that it would be impossible to reproduce the same fragrance with any accuracy because the individual source materials were so rare, but I am so hoping he will be able to create a new batch of Siberian Musk. Do you have any information on this?

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Diamondflame, does this mean that he will be making more of this particular scent, or will he be sourcing the ingredients for brand new scents? I remember that ClaireV said that it would be impossible to reproduce the same fragrance with any accuracy because the individual source materials were so rare, but I am so hoping he will be able to create a new batch of Siberian Musk. Do you have any information on this?

Based on sales I reckon it makes commercial sense to produce and sell more Siberian Musk but I won't speculate as I don't know if he's sourcing for more musk grains or for certain species of wild oud. No idea either as to how long it takes to tincture or macerate the ingredients into usable materials to craft his fragrances. Anyway, I'll see if I could catch him before he takes off into some remote jungles... :smiley:

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
Based on sales I reckon it makes commercial sense to produce and sell more Siberian Musk but I won't speculate as I don't know if he's sourcing for more musk grains or for certain species of wild oud. No idea either as to how long it takes to tincture or macerate the ingredients into usable materials to craft his fragrances. Anyway, I'll see if I could catch him before he takes off into some remote jungles... :smiley:

Thank you so much!! As you know, I am madly in love with this scent and hope to wear it for many years to come.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Will there be another batch of Siberian Musk?

Here is Adam's teply:

"Not quite sure. I still have the same musk grains macerating second time and surprisingly the scent is even more intense now.
However, I will never make a new scent and call it the same. I see this unfair as it is absolutely impossible to replicate it and it just won’t be the same. Only perfumes made of 100% synthetic ingredients can be replicated. More natural ingredients you have in a blend more hard its to make it smell the same again. As I am a distiller I know too well that even if one take agarwood from the same tree, prepare it the same and try to cook it the same way two times … the smell of these two oils will be different. Imagine a perfume that consist of 20 or more ingredients and each one of them is slightly different. They also may produce a totally different effect once all blended.

Having said that I may do something similar, name it differently and state in the description that is dedicated to Siberian Musk lovers.

One of my new perfumes follow exactly the same style of blending and the overall feel is very similar, yet the ingredients used are very different.
Hope it will also find its fans. "

Bad news or good news? I think it is a fair stand to take. :smiley:

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
Will there be another batch of Siberian Musk?

Here is Adam's teply:

"Not quite sure. I still have the same musk grains macerating second time and surprisingly the scent is even more intense now.
However, I will never make a new scent and call it the same. I see this unfair as it is absolutely impossible to replicate it and it just won’t be the same. Only perfumes made of 100% synthetic ingredients can be replicated. More natural ingredients you have in a blend more hard its to make it smell the same again. As I am a distiller I know too well that even if one take agarwood from the same tree, prepare it the same and try to cook it the same way two times … the smell of these two oils will be different. Imagine a perfume that consist of 20 or more ingredients and each one of them is slightly different. They also may produce a totally different effect once all blended.

Having said that I may do something similar, name it differently and state in the description that is dedicated to Siberian Musk lovers.

One of my new perfumes follow exactly the same style of blending and the overall feel is very similar, yet the ingredients used are very different.
Hope it will also find its fans. "

Bad news or good news? I think it is a fair stand to take. :smiley:

Thank you, Diamondflame, that is pretty much what I thought. Regardless, I will be keenly interested in trying anything that Russian Adam makes. I also love Ottoman Empire and think his perfumes are something very rare and wonderful, so I'll be eagerly awaiting whatever scents come next! (Plus, I would love to smell the "more intense" version of the same musk grains that went into Siberian Musk--wow!)

Sea Roses

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 6, 2011
Not sure if it has been mentioned but Adam is working on a fragrance with white ambergris he obtained. It should be ready in a month or so ....really looking forward to this and putting myself on the waiting list.

regards

sea roses

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Not sure if it has been mentioned but Adam is working on a fragrance with white ambergris he obtained. It should be ready in a month or so ....really looking forward to this and putting myself on the waiting list.
sea roses

WOW. Iirc from ClaireV's article on ambergris, isn't white ambergris rare and the highest grade possible? I can't wait to try this ambergris creation myself.

And will we be seeing Siberian Musk Intense?? :evil:

Watch this space.

Vmaster

Jan 27, 2015
WOW. Iirc from ClaireV's article on ambergris, isn't white ambergris rare and the highest grade possible?

Freshly produced ambergris has a marine, fecal odor and as it ages, it acquires a sweet, earthy scent. From what I remember reading, the aged ambergris is a whitish-grey, having been bleached/cured by the sun. It is also quite difficult to come by. So in answer to your question, yes.

Last edited:

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
WOW. Iirc from ClaireV's article on ambergris, isn't white ambergris rare and the highest grade possible? I can't wait to try this ambergris creation myself.

And will we be seeing Siberian Musk Intense?? :evil:

Watch this space.

I, for one, will definitely be watching!

And now an ambergris fragrance?! It's like Russian Adam has been reading my diary! :)

Latest News