Apres L"Ondée EDT (Legendary Fragrances Collection), 2021

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
Wow this is amazing news! Après L'Ondée was the first scent I fell in love with when I began my serious perfume adventure, and it remains so. I have the bee bottle and a back-up as well as a bottle of the 1990s cologne, but your review is tempting me to buy the new formulation.
Lilly33, I doubt you'll be disappointed, especially compared to the bee bottle version, which to me was a thin nothing (I, too, have a backup of that one...purchased at the same time, or I never would have done it). I've not smelled any vintage of the cologne.

Lilly33

Oct 20, 2012
Lilly33, I doubt you'll be disappointed, especially compared to the bee bottle version, which to me was a thin nothing (I, too, have a backup of that one...purchased at the same time, or I never would have done it). I've not smelled any vintage of the cologne.

Well, I'm now tempted more than ever!

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
Well, I'm now tempted more than ever!
Right after I replied to your last post, I thought maybe I should go back and edit it to say that I hoped you'd like it (everyone's tastes being different) - but then I thought, No, because I truly do doubt you'll be disappointed! :D I've worn it almost daily since receiving it, so I wasn't just carried away by initial sniffs; it really does last a long time on me, retaining its delicacy throughout, but with unexpected character and backbone; and I'm very familiar with its tantalizingly beautiful but wan EDT predecessors.

WillC

Jan 25, 2009
Thanks to the contributors to this thread - you've prompted me to get one of the newer bottles, and am very happy with it.

I have already a bee bottle version EDT and a very small amount of the vintage parfum. I'd sampled what I believe was the older version of the EDT, which prompted my bee bottle EDT purchase, but I was never completely happy with it, particularly after reading on BN about the reformulation.

Not being the expert others on this thread are, I can't comment in detail on the newer EDT, but it is much more like my memory of the older pre-bee bottle EDT, and much more satisfying.

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
Thanks to the contributors to this thread - you've prompted me to get one of the newer bottles, and am very happy with it.

I have already a bee bottle version EDT and a very small amount of the vintage parfum. I'd sampled what I believe was the older version of the EDT, which prompted my bee bottle EDT purchase, but I was never completely happy with it, particularly after reading on BN about the reformulation.

Not being the expert others on this thread are, I can't comment in detail on the newer EDT, but it is much more like my memory of the older pre-bee bottle EDT, and much more satisfying.
It's great to hear from someone else who has tried this, thank you for posting your impressions! Very glad you like it.

Latest News