Anyone tried Strangers SM Cafe | Chokedee ?

Carl57

Jan 27, 2015
These two are very interesting to me but there is limited information/reviews.

I’m wondering if anybody here has experienced them?

Chokedee seems right up my alley. I’ve eaten rice desserts my whole life in the Caribbean. I’m excited to try this asian interpretation of rice dessert. Also it says it contains pandan leaf which excites me further as I think it somewhat analogous to our cooking with banana leaf.

SM Cafe i can’t seem to find much consensus. To some it’s a muddled mess and to some it a nice cafe with a bit of leather.

Cheers.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I tried both of these as Luckyscent sent me free samples with other purchases I made. Unfortunately neither one appealed to me.

Last edited:

Carl57

Jan 27, 2015
I tried both of these as Luckyscent me free samples with other purchases I made. Unfortunately neither one appealed to me.

Uh oh that’s not a good sign. I have some samples on the way. I hope I like them more than yourself.

Carl57

Jan 27, 2015
Some negative feedback coming in on these. I will report back tomorrow with my first impressions.

Carl57

Jan 27, 2015
Returning with a first impression of my samples.

SM Cafe is quite pungent. It’s complex enough that I feel like in the hours I’ve worn it I’ve barely scratched the surface. That being said it is not entirely enjoyable. The coffee mixed with the other notes is almost veering into coffee breath. I’d gladly sample this one again. Although it labels itself “SM” it transports me instead to a time without modern amenities. It smells like cheap coffee you’d drink in the 1900s out on newly discovered oil fields. Ashy, tarry, dirty, and it’s cold outside- yes the coffee your drinking isn’t the best but out on the range, it’s feels like salvation. It’s grimy and dirty but in any sleek SM way.

Chokedee is not what I expected at all. I hate it. Personally I’ve never liked PdM Pegasus or Amouage reflection man. Well this takes the worst aspects of those two fragrances (the annoying metallic screech of Pegasus and the irritating powdery jasmine of Reflection) and then places them atop an out of place cashew note. To me this smells less like a jasmine rice desert and more like a pad Thai with jasmine in the air.

Latest News