Anyone hear about Selfridges having a 20% off beauty again this Xmas?

MWP

Oct 20, 2019
Selfridges had a 20% off beauty code around Christmas last year and with the price difference I did very well with some things. Wondering if there has been any leaks about them doing this again this year?

zerofox

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
This year I would not wait. The logistics game has changed. Play the current game under current constraints. We’ll only get one code at a time so it’s either use the USFREEDEL (I’m guessing you’re US-based with the mention of price difference) now or wait for the discount code knowing you’ll have to pay for international delivery. One thing I noticed about the beauty 20% off last year, right after Andy the Frenchy cleaned them out with some well-placed Comme des Garçons selections the code was selectively reduced on the same Comme des Garçons to 10%. Another unfortunate problem for all of us this year are cook groups using scalper bots to scrape 24/7. It used to be just sneakers but the industry news filtering in implies it is expanding to more broadly to luxury goods/tech. Run some numbers between 20% off and free international delivery.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
Another unfortunate problem for all of us this year are cook groups using scalper bots to scrape 24/7. It used to be just sneakers but the industry news filtering in implies it is expanding to more broadly to luxury goods/tech.
That's interesting ... I hadn't heard about that.

LinePlaneVolume

May 31, 2020
This year I would not wait. The logistics game has changed. Play the current game under current constraints. We’ll only get one code at a time so it’s either use the USFREEDEL (I’m guessing you’re US-based with the mention of price difference) now or wait for the discount code knowing you’ll have to pay for international delivery. One thing I noticed about the beauty 20% off last year, right after Andy the Frenchy cleaned them out with some well-placed Comme des Garçons selections the code was selectively reduced on the same Comme des Garçons to 10%. Another unfortunate problem for all of us this year are cook groups using scalper bots to scrape 24/7. It used to be just sneakers but the industry news filtering in implies it is expanding to more broadly to luxury goods/tech. Run some numbers between 20% off and free international delivery.
They're running scalper bots on this stuff now, too? :cautious:

Shave-A-Thon

Nov 8, 2015
I managed to pick up Stronger With You Intensely and Spicebomb Extreme for very good prices last year after that discount. Even after the $55 free shipping subscription, it was cheaper than authorized department stores and discounters here in the USA. The problems with Selfridges are:

1) They're either low in stock on items or don't stock many newer fragrances.
2) Their search feature is lousy. I usually have to use Google to search Selfridges!
3) This is actually the Chanel policy and not theirs. The reason I first signed up for the free shipping subscription was because their prices on Chanel fragrances are much better than here in the USA. Unfortunately, they're not allowed to ship Chanel to the USA.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Just a reminder Statesiders: Selfridges uses NORSK as their intermediary deliver partner for hazardous goods to the US before they deliver it to DHL for final transport across the Atlantic. It might take up to four days before you can get any tracking info once Selfridges emails you that the item is on its way to you! You might not get your tracking info on the Selfridges website at all. You will need to first track it in NORSK and then in DHL.

Shave-A-Thon

Nov 8, 2015
Just a reminder Statesiders: Selfridges uses NORSK as their intermediary deliver partner for hazardous goods to the US before they deliver it to DHL for final transport across the Atlantic. It might take up to four days before you can get any tracking info once Selfridges emails you that the item is on its way to you! You might not get your tracking info on the Selfridges website at all. You will need to first track it in NORSK and then in DHL.

Last year it took awhile after the order before it was shipped (probably due to a shortage of workers because of Covid) and once it did ship, I had to contact Selfridges a few times for the correct tracking number. Once that was sorted out, the delivery was quick and their packing was terrific. One box was securely packed in another box.

zerofox

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
Selfridges email-based CS team is probably on contract as well. They don’t know much about Selfridges from my prior experiences. Shave-A-Thon, wasn’t Brexit also a factor at that time? No? A lot has changed in the last two years.

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
Thanks for that.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Selfridges will be having a 10% off beauty and fragrance promotion. The event runs 24th - 29th Nov inclusive.
To redeem online, just use the code SELFCCE at checkout.

Full details here:

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
Selfridges will be having a 10% off beauty and fragrance promotion. The event runs 24th - 29th Nov inclusive.
To redeem online, just use the code SELFCCE at checkout.

Full details here:
I did the email.
Thank you for posting this.

Latest News