Anyone familiar with the Solarissimo line from Azzaro?

The_Cologneist

Basenotes Institution
Feb 27, 2010
I've always been on the fence with these, often having them in my cart then removing them. The notes look fantastic on Levanzo, but based on reviews, it doesn't seem like they translate to the smell. Most of the reviews on these are old and outdated, so I'm wondering if anyone else has tried them, and their thoughts on them?

It looks like Levanzo is always the easiest to find, with Marettimo being 2nd, there's an orange bottle one too that I've seen but not much anymore.

speckmann0706

Basenotes Institution
Mar 8, 2017
Looked into this line, but never pulled the trigger. Just seemed like another set of cheap and boring summer themed flankers. Hard to top the original as far as I’m concerned.

Agree, I’m heavily stocked on 100ml bottles of pre L’Oreal Azzaro Pour Homme I don’t have faith it will stay in good shape once they start pumping out their version. I plan to keep adding more bottles, it’s versatile and one of the best masculines for the current asking price.

The_Cologneist

Basenotes Institution
Feb 27, 2010
Looked into this line, but never pulled the trigger. Just seemed like another set of cheap and boring summer themed flankers. Hard to top the original as far as I’m concerned.

My thoughts as well.

But then I ponder.. what if they're great.

On the note of the house of Azzaro.. a lot of recent releases have been crap, I admit that as well. I have tried the majority of the brand, and found a few good ones in recent years. Amber Fever, Wanted by Night, and Azzaro pH Intense are all worthy imo.

maksidrom

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 30, 2003
I had Levanzo a few years, bought it on the cheap once. I liked it at first, but after a few wears it started smelling very synthetic and chemical to me, like an Aquanet hairspray, the exact opposite of the freshness I was expecting from the line. The bottle and cap were cool though.

I did actually like the most recent Azzaro summer line, Time To Shine.

Jan 20, 2019
I'm familiar with Solarissimo Marettimo, it's classy but pretty relentless in a similar way to Aqua di Gio.

I suspect it's the calypsone used in it. Out of curiousity I searched BN for fragrances containing calypsone and it returned only 5, 2 of which are Azzaro's.

NettyYeti

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 28, 2016
I checked my SOTD history because I know I purchased one of these at TJ Maxx for pretty cheap a few years ago.

Sure enough: Purchased Levanzo in May 2018. Returned May 2018.

To be honest, I don’t remember what it smells like, but I think that tells you how I felt about it at the time.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...