Any info on new mens CHANEL coming out?

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Honestly, I'd be much more excited about a new addition to the Les Exclusives.

Even though a new pillar fragrance is exciting in terms of gauging where the market is going these days, if it's designed to be a mass appealing pillar fragrance, it's probably not going to be that interesting to me. Like H24, there was so much excitement but it ended up just being "meh". But then again, it was never destined to be more than that.

What I really don't want is a revisited classic. I think it's enough just to keep the classics around and in good shape. I also don't see the upside for Chanel on this.

Le Lion was such a stunner, I'm excited to see what comes next.

I'm curious, what do you all think is missing from the Les Exclusives line or what would you like to see next? Le Lion did a perfect job of filling in something that was missing from the collection, but now It feels pretty darn complete as a set of fragrances and I can't really think of what should come next...

AntonPan

May 8, 2008
I hope is not a flanker again.....maybe antonpan has more info??

Unfortunately, there'll be no mens fragrance from Chanel this year.

In fact only one novelty in 2021 - Paris Edimbourgh - tells us that Chanel still doesn't believe in post-covid market and waits for better times.

JoshyMoo1-2

Mar 22, 2021
Okay so my source comes from the Instagram page ‘ifragranceofficial’ who are very reputable but sometimes gets the release window wrong. I sent them a private message a couple of days back asking if there was any new men’s Chanel fragrances coming up and they replied with “Yes and two new women’s for this Christmas” followed by “it should be under Allure”.

I have done some further research and you can see Chanel have trademarked “Noir Allure” in December 2020…

I really hope this is true.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
That would most likely be a solid fragrance and sit alongside Edition Blanche nicely.

Allure Homme Edition Noir sounds incredible.

How do you know? Just based on a name?? To me, that sounds like a very standard d name used by many houses before... probably mainstream smelling, but would it be surprising, from the Allure line?
I have very low expectations, as there isn’t a single Chanel fragrance for men that I see as a masterpiece, but who knows... let’s pretend I’m excited.

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017

In fact only one novelty in 2021 - Paris Edimbourgh - tells us that Chanel still doesn't believe in post-covid market and waits for better times.

If a Noir Allure / Edition Noir flanker is what’s coming it would make sense as a stopgap. Which large designer house would want to have their new main once in a decade pillar fragrance associated with a virus calamity? If a large portion of their customer-base still aren’t going out and partying like it’s 1999 then it makes sense they would opt for a side release. With an Allure flanker us guys still get a new fragrance and Chanel still have time to capitalise on their Bleu goose laying golden eggs.

AntonPan

May 8, 2008
If a Noir Allure / Edition Noir flanker is what’s coming it would make sense as a stopgap. Which large designer house would want to have their new main once in a decade pillar fragrance associated with a virus calamity? If a large portion of their customer-base still aren’t going out and partying like it’s 1999 then it makes sense they would opt for a side release. With an Allure flanker us guys still get a new fragrance and Chanel still have time to capitalise on their Bleu goose laying golden eggs.

This could be a womens flanker, because trademark says Noir Allure, not Noir Allure Homme.

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017
This could be a womens flanker, because trademark says Noir Allure, not Noir Allure Homme.

You could be right Anton.

We’re all hopeful though that there’s a mens fragrance around the corner.

Chanel always have something good in the back of the cupboard and it might be time for them to bring some of that out.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
The 10 year cycle might have been more of a necessity than for the sake of launching new fragrances. I wonder if Bleu de Chanel's success has been greater than any men's pillar they have launched before, and they no longer have the necessity to launch something new until the sales of Bleu de Chanel slows down enough to warrant something new so they can make money again.

PASCUAL

Jun 6, 2011

Sad to hear that......but thanks for the insight. Now lets hope for a flanker at least.....hahah

Staff online

Latest News