Any info on new mens CHANEL coming out?

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah, Chanel doesn’t need to emulate Dior.

I think they like to set a direction, not follow one (unless they're pumping out flankers of their own scents).

They have the footprint and marketing muscle to make anything not horrible a hit. But to their credit, they don't tend to innovate bad stuff.

No doubt in my mind they have been rigerously developing, researching and testing for years on what's next.

I’m waiting for it!!! I really hope it’s not another mass pleaser though we need something new in the designer realm to shake things up!

"Mass pleasers" are their thang...especially with their mainstream scents. Les Exclusifs are where they put out the "edgy" stuff.

Whatever they put out in their main line for men has to be "okay" and not too cutting edge for Joe Sixpack and the missus...

I've never particularly liked BLEU DE CHANEL, but I could probably live the rest of my life in extreme comfort with one week's worth of profits from their sales of that one and its flankers.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
As I've written in the other thread ("Which fragrance house is overdue for a masculine release"):

As for Chanel:

2010 Bleu de Chanel EDT
2012 Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
2014 Bleu de Chanel EDP & Allure Homme Sport Edition Blanche & Pour Monsieur EDP
2016 Allure Homme Sport Cologne (the new one) & Boy
2018 Bleu de Chanel Parfum

So if they release something every 2 years it probably should have happened already...
I'm not expecting anything, probably the next one will be "Bleu de Chanel Cologne" or "Bleu de Chanel Eau Extreme" :D

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
Bleu is the only Chanel masculine I never bought but I do like it. I hope it's something in the opposite direction.
More similar to Egoiste..but I doubt that will happen.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Maybe Chanel does something with synthetic oud?
But I doubt it because I expect them to do something more mass pleasing so they could sell a ton.

Scents And Sense

May 16, 2020
Maybe Chanel does something with synthetic oud?
Marron de Chanel: The new fragrance for men. Featuring notes of pink pepper, oud (aged 30 years, from the last agarwood tree in the world), ambroxan (100% natural), black rose, Japanese silver bergamot. Current retail price of $150 for 1.7 oz parfum.

:laugh: :lolk:

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Marron de Chanel: The new fragrance for men. Featuring notes of pink pepper, oud (aged 30 years, from the last agarwood tree in the world), ambroxan (100% natural), black rose, Japanese silver bergamot. Current retail price of $150 for 1.7 oz parfum.

:laugh: :lolk:

Sounds nice, I'll blindbuy it and layer it with Sauvage! :D

Oslo-Fjord

Aug 27, 2008
Not holding my breath, don't get me wrong I love the house, but I feel the designer realm belongs to the new generation & currently their taste & mines don't align.

Thank God for the Exclusif line, I loved Boy & I'm patiently waiting on the arrival of Le Lion!
For me, it's oposite. CHANEL is one of the few brands where I like the regular line better than the Exclusifs (except from Coromandel)

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
I would like to see a Boy flanker rather than anything Bleu

If it was a brand new 'mens' there would surely be 'chatter' by now

satyen

Dec 11, 2018
Anyone tried le lion. Or is it still not released."
Its available in dubai, iv tried it, found it to be a balmy waxy oriental. It had the chanel dna in the drydown which was very pleasant, but the opening did turn me off

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
Is there any more information about CHANEL's new men's pillar fragrance? Release date etc?

None that I've seen. One wonders if Covid has put a slow down on any plans they had.

They launched BLEU DE CHANEL in June 2010. Hard to believe that was like 11 years ago. I remember it being advertised and chatted up here when I was a relative newbie.

The thing is, to a frag powerhouse like CHANEL, there is probably no great need to pump out a new scent. Fragheads like me are sitting around tapping our foot like "c'mon, c'mon." But I think their "bread and butter" customers are still quite pleased with BLEU and we could all live very comfortably on a couple of weeks worth of BLEU sales. Toss out a flanker every so often and Joe Sixpack has a new choice thats still very familiar and safe.

I always relate to BLEU and CHANEL through a friend who bought it around 2012 or so. He thought very highly of his own tastes, and battered me with his BLEU wearing as though it were the most carefully measured and tasteful decision he had ever made in his life, and I would clearly be incapable of such clarity. I have no doubt he goes into Macys about once a year and buys a new bottle. He likely surveys what else may be relatively new but opts for comfort and safety of the tried and true BLEU. If and when CHANEL intros a new mainline men's scent, he'll see the commercials and try it eventually when his current bottle of BLEU runs dry. And he will again regard his new purchase as the wise decision of a man of the world with impeccable taste.

Very oddly to me, one year for Christmas his son gave him INVICTUS which he wore for awhile. He was the most "un-INVICTUS" guy I've ever known.

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
Maybe it will be Antaeus Parfum? :)

Wishful thinking, but I think they won't dabble with new versions of the older stuff like ANTAEUS or EGOISTE. Would love an ANTAEUS EdP myself.

We're pretty lucky they still make the older CHANELS. I appreciate that about them. But I think the truth is that CHANEL is such a monster that the sales even their older scents outperform many newer designer offerings.

Having an interest in television and cars, I really enjoy TV ratings and car sales figures which are often available. Would love to see breakdowns of fragrance sales.
My guess is CHANEL and DIOR are #1 and #2 and I think CHANEL is pretty far out front.

Sloth

Jan 11, 2019
I think we need to get real here.
I (personally) think it's naïve wishful thinking that they will release an EDP/Parfum version of old 'classics' such as Egoiste or Antaeus , they are very old school and have a limited client demographic. They will want it to sell and it will be something more mainstream, as that is what sells. They will aim for the guy on the street not a very small % minority of fragheads who represent an insignificant proportion of their global sales, we don't even influence the general public as the general public do not read fragrance forums, they just buy from shops and enjoy it whilst having a good time out and about.
More likely it will be either something totally new or another flanker of the Allure line.
Whatever it is I am sure it will be well done and smell great, but it won't be something without mass appeal.

Oslo-Fjord

Aug 27, 2008
I think we need to get real here.
I (personally) think it's naïve wishful thinking that they will release an EDP/Parfum version of old 'classics' such as Egoiste or Antaeus , they are very old school and have a limited client demographic. They will want it to sell and it will be something more mainstream, as that is what sells. They will aim for the guy on the street not a very small % minority of fragheads who represent an insignificant proportion of their global sales, we don't even influence the general public as the general public do not read fragrance forums, they just buy from shops and enjoy it whilst having a good time out and about.
More likely it will be either something totally new or another flanker of the Allure line.
Whatever it is I am sure it will be well done and smell great, but it won't be something without mass appeal.

If CHANEL follows the 10-year cycle, it will be a brand new scent.

Jul 7, 2012
Release something new already we need another decade defining fragrance!

On the one hand, it really is hard to believe Bleu has been around for 11 years... but on the other hand, aquatics were all the rage for around 20 years, and the fake woods era Bleu launched is still going strong. It'll be interesting to see what comes next, but I don't expect it anytime soon.

Latest News