Any feedback and thoughts on Roccobarocco Joint ?

Surfacing

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 6, 2002
Roccobarooooo....what ?! Yes, thats correct, Roccobarocco Joint :)

Here is the directory link : http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122020.html

I don't know too much of the brand Roccobarocco, but I know they have a few scents, but they really seem to go unnoticed here. The reviews of Black Jeans seem interesting as well.

What really got my attention here is the comparisions to Kouros and the mention of the added sweetness/vanilla in the dry down. The bottle looks nice and I like to come across unknown designer fragrances as well.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hopefully reading some thoughts on Joint.

PradaG

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 28, 2011
Sounds interesting. Before clicking the link and reading the reviews I imagined a marijuana leaf shaped bottle with rasta colors

A. Homme

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 20, 2010
Bumping a semi-old thread here to say that Joint reminds me of a cross between Kouros and Paco Rabanne PH. It's got some of the animalic floral quality of Kouros, with the dry, green herbs of the Paco. The drydown adds a little sweetness to the mix, but not a lot. I've been wearing it a lot since I got a bottle a couple weeks ago.

While not entirely original, it's a very wearable version of a classic powerhouse. A "gateway" powerhouse, perhaps. :D

A. Homme

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 20, 2010
Found it extremely generic and synthetic smelling IMO.

Give it another shot, if you can find it. I don't see how it could be considered more "synthetic" than anything else in its range.

As for "generic," I can see that, as it does split the difference between some bigger frags like Kouros and Paco Rabanne, tones them down a bit and adds a base not unlike Allure Homme. It only breaks new ground by being a bit friendlier, but that doesn't make it bad. Compared to the vast majority of designer male frags these days, it's a (lovable) beast. :D

Surfacing

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 6, 2002
Bumping a semi-old thread here to say that Joint reminds me of a cross between Kouros and Paco Rabanne PH. It's got some of the animalic floral quality of Kouros, with the dry, green herbs of the Paco. The drydown adds a little sweetness to the mix, but not a lot. I've been wearing it a lot since I got a bottle a couple weeks ago.

While not entirely original, it's a very wearable version of a classic powerhouse. A "gateway" powerhouse, perhaps. :D

Thanks for the bump. I'm glad that you are wearing this one :)

I will add some more depth to my thoughts later on, but I did get a chance to sample this.

First, I don't really find a strong resemblance to Kouros. There seems to be a good amount of honey in Joint, it is sweet, but not like Kouros ( to me). Maybe the incense is too heavy in Kouros for me to see the similarities. I also don't get why a former BNer compared this to a Kouros with vanilla in the dry down. But then again, I likely need more samplings.

Either way, the power on Joint is solid. This has power ! I get a similarity in a way to Boss Number One, but Joint seems to have more character to me. Or more abrassivness ?

I would really like to know :

a) What year this fragrance was released ?

b) Who the perfumer is ?

c) Why guys who complain that all the "new stuff sucks" never go back a pick up on some hidden fragrances that simply do not enough info/reviews on them ? Or at least respond to threads as such.

koala501

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2011
Thanks to Surfacing!!!!!!!

My bottle of Joint arrived today and it's what I expected it to be. Excellent! To my nose this is ssssooooo close to Tenere. It has that same honey note throughout which for me is truly beautiful and a lovely warm and masculine fragrance to boot.

Glad you gave me the tip on this one! :laugh:

Surfacing

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 6, 2002
Thanks to Surfacing!!!!!!!

My bottle of Joint arrived today and it's what I expected it to be. Excellent! To my nose this is ssssooooo close to Tenere. It has that same honey note throughout which for me is truly beautiful and a lovely warm and masculine fragrance to boot.

Glad you gave me the tip on this one! :laugh:

Hey, thanks man. No problem at all. Joint is a really well made scent. I think it is much more bold than the current Boss #1 fragrance, which is another honey heavy scent. Tenere is a good point of comparrision.

I like Tenere better, however ( hence why this is on my swap list). I tend not to wear these excellent 80s fragrances often. But when I do, I really enjoy them. Its like going to a different olfactory world for me. Fragrances as such conjure up a feeling in me that few other fragrances ca. Tenere, Zino, Ricci Club....etc. Love these ones.

I still don't know what year this fragrance was released. But I am sure it is the 80s.

koala501

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2011
I wonder if Tenere and Joint were released close together? If anyone knows- please jump in!!!!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...