Ange ou Démon de Givenchy

Le Grand Duc

Feb 9, 2010
I've just got a sample of Ange ou Démon Le Secret,
and I absolutely adore it, it got me to grab my much
neglected bottle of original Ange ou Démon,
and OH MY GOD [pronounced like Janice would do].

I looove it ... a very sweet floral, grotesquely good.
I don't know why I haven't been using this frag for
ages, I'm going to empty my bottle of Eau de Parfum
within months, some 60ml at that!

Any other fans of this devilish/divinely good fragrance?!

shadesofbleu

The power of bleu
Basenotes Plus
Jun 3, 2005
I'm a big fan of Ange ou Demon! On my skin, the saffron note is really noticeable. The floral notes are subtle (which is a good thing for me), but it is the soft woodiness that makes me love AoD. Not a drop of orange cream soda to be found! I always get compliments on this!

Not a fan of Ange ou Demon le Secret, though. The two scents have nothing in common to my nose.

Last edited:

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
Haven't tried Le Secret but own and enjoy Ange ou Demon! I tend to pull up the sweet notes in most fragrances, so AoD is WAAAAY sweet on me, with delicious woody and spicy notes taking a back seat. I've essentially missed my chance to wear Ange ou Demon until fall, since it's officially spring here in Boston, and I fear I'd overwhelm a city block putting it on in warm weather. That said, I think it's a great fragrance and a lovely bottle to boot! Enjoy, le grand duc and all others! :)

NebraskaLovesScent

Aug 27, 2008
Haven't tried Le Secret but I'm a big fan of the original Ange ou Demon. On my skin, it's such an amazing, complex scent, almost like having several different perfumes in a single bottle. My little decant ran out. Must get more!

H

Hillaire

Ange ou Demon is the way-too-sweet scent I happen to love. It has real character.
I was disappointed by Le Secret at my local Nordstroms recently, though. (And do you know what got me excited to try it and convinced it would be good?? Uma ****ing Thurman! [slaps self]) I felt it like it departed from all the saucy quirkiness of the original.

bookshop88

Oct 18, 2008
It is a fragrance I adore, but strangely never pick out to wear!! I think I might start wearing it, when I do not see a marketing ad of it daily! I seem to have something against perfumes that have overexposure in the marketing, I guess that is why I love Rochas, Balenciaga and Balmain so much. GREAT perfumes, but the marketing left out of the concept!! ;-)

Le Grand Duc

Feb 9, 2010
Not a fan of Ange ou Demon le Secret, though. The two scents have nothing in common to my nose.

Well, nothing but the flacon, of course. ;)
I love Le Secret though, sweet like it's mother!

(And do you know what got me excited to try it and convinced it would be good?? Uma ****ing Thurman! [slaps self]) I felt it like it departed from all the saucy quirkiness of the original.

Yeah, she does look freaking fierce in those adds!

amen66.jpg

Serenity*

Jan 28, 2010
Got Le Secret about 3 months ago (or more??). I tried that one first and bought it right away. I wasn't even looking for a perfume..I had other plans but I tried, loved, bought haha. Very pleasant and long lasting. Shame on me, didn't try the original yet but I'm looking forward to!

sophi

Mar 8, 2010
Ange ou Demon Le Secret i own .It is a sweet floral scent with a very prominent peony note !!It is different from the original one.
My best of Ange ou Demon series have been Tendre which is a lighter version of the original and i owned a big bottle of it!

Divatologist

Feb 4, 2007
I absolutely love Ange Ou Demon!! I just re-up'd last month. There's nothing like a fresh bottle of your favorite perfume. I tried the Le Secret last week, but wasn't really impressed with it. I plan to give it a 2nd try though. I've been known to miss some beauties sniffing a frag just once.

Aug 25, 2008
I had a love affair with the original Ange ou Démon last year.
Thankfully I don't get any flowers; just loads of woods and spices. So I ended up with not only one but two backup bottles, especially now when I hear that it will be discontinued.

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Trying this today, very lovely scent.

Transitions from spicy-floral-woody to powder-vanilla-amber with a hint of those florals (ylang-ylang). This isn't too sweet at all by current standards, but perhaps it was when released originally. Feels like a gourmand reinterpretation of a very classic 80s floral woody chypre.

aquila_2009

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 16, 2014
I was expecting to really love Ange ou Demon, but actually,i like this.it's not actually dark.if it has a colour,in my opinion it would be purple.it doesn't give way to the sunny playfulness that "Amarige" exudes.reminds me of many more things related to womanhood other than gaining self-confidence or professional fulfilment,such as motherhood and marriage.

The sweetness of vanilla,the powderyness of tonka bean,the warmth of saffron,the richness of ylang ylang makes a oriental balsamic scent for a sophisticated young woman who is a bit edgy.sexy but in a soothing way.i love the dry down where the cloud of luxury surrends you and covers like a blanket.totally i do wish it had better opening and a little bit more oomph.an elegant scent but nothing special.

Best Regards.

Latest News