Amouage Potrayal man vs Beloved man

fivestars2

Mar 23, 2021
I am having a hard time to decide a full bottle between these two after sampling both of them. They smell sooooo good!!! If you get to pick one, which one would you go for? :)

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
I'd choose Beloved also. It's a resinous crowd pleaser that doesn't smell like what everyone else is wearing. I've only worn Portrayal once and my opinions aren't fully formed on it yet, but it didn't terribly excite me.

Jul 7, 2012
These two have nothing in common at all.

Portrayal is excellent, but it's bold and challenging. It's like a niche and updated take on Grey Flannel with a darker base.

Beloved far more trendy: fresh & sweet but not too sweet over woods, and it's definitely unique.

If the base in Beloved was less synthetic, it would easily be one of my all time favorites. Most people these days don't seem to mind that fake wood smell, but it's just too blatantly chemical of a smell for me.

fivestars2

Mar 23, 2021
Thank you guys for all of the opinions!!! Sorry I forgot to mention that I live in a hot climate country (25-35 Celcius). Which one would suit to that climate more? I like them both a lot, it is kinda hard for me to pick between those 2, and I want to wear something that is mass pleasing. That's why I ask for everyone's opinion and preference.

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
Thank you guys for all of the opinions!!! Sorry I forgot to mention that I live in a hot climate country (25-35 Celcius). Which one would suit to that climate more? I like them both a lot, it is kinda hard for me to pick between those 2, and I want to wear something that is mass pleasing. That's why I ask for everyone's opinion and preference.
I live in a hot climate country too, but I don't give a damn about that. I wear what I want to. If you're concerned about things like that though, I say skip both of them and get Silver Man instead.

fivestars2

Mar 23, 2021
I live in a hot climate country too, but I don't give a damn about that. I wear what I want to. If you're concerned about things like that though, I say skip both of them and get Silver Man instead.
I already have Silver Man ^_^ . I like it too, but it smell a bit too floral and kinda old-school to me.

Franco65

May 13, 2012
then go for Beloved.....

Latest News