Ambre Précieux Ultime Performances...

Braxton1990

Basenotes Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm a big fan of the MPG Ambre Precieux. It's a masterpiece for me and that's how I like an amber scent. The problem with this perfume is the performance. Knowing that there is an Ultimate version... my question is:
Does the Ambre Precieux Ultime version have better performance (in terms of longevity and projection) than the original?

Trebor

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 8, 2006
WARNING!

While Ambre Précieux Ultime certainly has much better lasting power, the same can't be said for its aroma, which I consider to be 'meh' compared to the marvellous original. Ambre Précieux Ultime's base is also more synthetic-smelling.

IMHO, the bottle looks lovely but that's as good as it gets. Caveat emptor!

Yasser05

Nov 17, 2016
I find Ambre Précieux Ultime has a better longevity on my skin but the projection remains weak. it is not average. rather weak. (like the orginal).
However, I agree with you, this fragrance is a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Braxton1990

Basenotes Member
Feb 22, 2017
Agree. Ultime has excellent performance. But I didn't find the original lacking at all.
I hope I will feel the difference on the Ultime Version.
I find Ambre Précieux Ultime has a better longevity on my skin but the projection remains weak. it is not average. rather weak. (like the orginal).
However, I agree with you, this fragrance is a masterpiece.
The projection on the original is also weak on me. it becomes a skin scent from the first hour.

Braxton1990

Basenotes Member
Feb 22, 2017
Are there any other opinions on the subject?

I would really like to be sure that the Ultime version will solve the performance problem before buying it.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...