"Aloes of Ish" Where did he go? Anyone know? | Basenotes

"Aloes of Ish" Where did he go? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sufiyah

Jan 12, 2019
Hello, Basenoters, I am new to the forum, but years ago I discovered the perfumer "Aloes of Ish" here and i was very happy with his products.. I went to buy some more perfumes from him and he had completely vanished and his site was dead and nobody seems to know where he went! Does anyone here know anything about him or what happened to him? I know he had a bad accident and wasn't 100%.

peter4ptv

Jun 1, 2015
I believe you will find him under Royal Bengal Ouds at etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoyalBengalOuds?ref=l2-shopheader-name

FYI
"Aloes of Ish" is totally different seller than Royal Bengal Ouds.

Royal Bengal Ouds is selling good quality oud and attars made by himself. And start selling online not long ago.

"Aloes of Ish" was very long seller on eBay.
"Aloes of Ish" sales very cheap not pure oud and natural oils, musk oils, ambergris ets……..
Usually he sells very cheap around 10-20 dollars per 3 ml. bottle and always include one 3 ml. bottle of some other oil free with every order kind of like buy one get one free.
If you point out to him that oil he sold you is not pure, he replays very rude and nasty.

"Aloes of Ish" is Mean, Rude, And Disrespectful to Others evil person. USA base

Royal Bengal Ouds is very nice person and is pleasure to dealt with. Canada base

Sufiyah

Jan 12, 2019
Re: "Aloes of Ish" Where did he go? Anyone know?

Thank you very much for your reply! I have contacted him and am awaiting his response. Again, THANK YOU for your help; I was wondering if I was ever going to find such a great source of sandalwood oil again!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I never had a problem with Ishmael of "Aloes" and I bought a lot of stuff from him, all of which I liked. I know perfectly well his stuff was not 'top grade"; (hardly anybody could afford it if it was) so I never felt the need to point this out to him. Plus I have smelled some of the "top grade" stuff (oud, sandalwoods, etc) and found it is not necessarily "better-smelling" than the lower grades; it's a matter of personal preference, after all. For example, I would be happier with a second-grade sandalwood oil that smells the way I like sandalwood perfume to smell, than a top quality sandal oil that does not meet my personal 'scent standard", however expensive it might be.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I never had a problem with Ishmael of "Aloes" and I bought a lot of stuff from him, all of which I liked. I know perfectly well his stuff was not 'top grade"; (hardly anybody could afford it if it was) so I never felt the need to point this out to him. Plus I have smelled some of the "top grade" stuff (oud, sandalwoods, etc) and found it is not necessarily "better-smelling" than the lower grades; it's a matter of personal preference, after all. For example, I would be happier with a second-grade sandalwood oil that smells the way I like sandalwood perfume to smell, than a top quality sandal oil that does not meet my personal 'scent standard", however expensive it might be.

peter4ptv

Jun 1, 2015
Re: "Aloes of Ish" Where did he go? Anyone know?

Thank you very much for your reply! I have contacted him and am awaiting his response. Again, THANK YOU for your help; I was wondering if I was ever going to find such a great source of sandalwood oil again!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt that you have receive pure sandalwood oil from "Aloes of Ish"
As I explained above I have dealt with "Aloes of Ish" around 3 years ago on ebay.
And the oud and the oils was not pure and he was very rude and nasty person, not just that but he also never returns my money he agreed on the return but he open a case with eBay after I return his oils for a refund and lie to them that he received empty package from me.
He use to have also web site selling the same garbage as what he use to sell on eBay
www.aloesofish.com

sn41

May 3, 2012
I don’t know where he went, but his early Tribute knockoff was excellent.

Hi,
I was a good friend of Ish for quite awhile. He had some upsets for want of a better word in his life and he decided to leave the fragrance business. He was making very little money for all of his efforts and he decided it was no longer for him. He is living comfortably now, but no longer identifies with his earller fragrance business. I too liked his fragrances. If anyone is interested I have quite a few bottles of his fragrances that are unopened and unused. Not sure what all I have so if you're looking for something specific let me know.

Sufiyah

Jan 12, 2019
Hi,
I was a good friend of Ish for quite awhile. He had some upsets for want of a better word in his life and he decided to leave the fragrance business. He was making very little money for all of his efforts and he decided it was no longer for him. He is living comfortably now, but no longer identifies with his earller fragrance business. I too liked his fragrances. If anyone is interested I have quite a few bottles of his fragrances that are unopened and unused. Not sure what all I have so if you're looking for something specific let me know.

YES!!!!!!! Sorry I didn't post sooner; I just got this message today, in a mailbox I don't visit often. Thank you for this; I am SO GLAD Ish is still around; I know he was in a serious bike accident and I was worried he had succumbed to his injuries. Again, I am glad to hear he's OK and just pursuing other things! I was devastated to find he was no longer in business!

So you have some of his perfumes? Any musks? I wouldn't mind getting hold of another bottle (or three!) of "Royal Black Musk". (It had a few different names, as I recall. I think it was also called "Ethiopian Black Musk" or something similar.) Red Musk would be nice too, especially if it's "superior". Let me know what you have available; I am definitely interested! One more time:thanks SO MUCH for letting me know Ish is OK! If you want to contact me directly you can do so at scarletharlot666@yahoo.ca .

Sufiyah

sn41

May 3, 2012
Hi Sufiyah,
I haven't been on basenotes in a long time, missed this place. I have half a desk drawer of Ish products that haven't been opened or used. Didn't think anyone was interested, but now that I got a response I think I'll go through what I have and list it. I know for a fact I have some musks in there...I'll get the list together and post it here and will also send one to your personal e-mail. Nice meeting you by the way. My name is Stephen.

Sufiyah

Jan 12, 2019
Hi Stephen! Sufiyah here.
Wah-hoo! I can't tell you how happy I am to find out Ish is OK and that some of his stuff is still available! I will be waiting on tenterhooks for that list! If you speak to him tell him I said hi. I am sorry he wasn't able to make a go of his perfume business, but the trouble is, of course, that these days most people only want the fake chemical stenches available in stores.

sn41

May 3, 2012
Hi Sufiyah,
Well, I went through my oils...have quite a few and not sure what I'm willing to part with...you mentioned musk, thought I had more than what I did. Here's a list to start with:

Attar
Ambrosia
Attar al Ish
Black Orchid
Nag Champa
Musk
Black Musk Kasturi
Sufi Musk (2)
Dark Knight
Formula Pheromone Oil
Oudh
Black Oud
Boya

If any of these appeal to you make me an offer and I'll send you a photo of the item. These have not been used and have been stored in a drawer since I got them however long ago. I can give you my PayPal address, and if there's something specific you're looking for I may have it. Let me know and thanks. Stephen

Sufiyah

Jan 12, 2019
Hi Stephen!
Hmm, most of these are not familiar to me. Black musk with kasturi sounds interesting, as does Black orchid. So no Ethiopian/Royal Black musk, wahhh! I was hoping to get at least one more bottle. So, I have no idea what to offer for any of them; why don't you suggest a price and we can take it from there?

sn41

May 3, 2012
Hello again....I did find a 3 ml bottle of Ethiopian Musk....don't know if that's the one you're looking for... Black Orchid $15, Kasturi $25 plus $5 for shipping and insurance cost. Does this sound reasonable?

Sufiyah

Jan 12, 2019
Hello again....I did find a 3 ml bottle of Ethiopian Musk....don't know if that's the one you're looking for... Black Orchid $15, Kasturi $25 plus $5 for shipping and insurance cost. Does this sound reasonable?

Yes, i think "royal black musk" and "Ethiopian musk" were two different names for the same thing. Whee! How much for the bottle? And yes: your prices are reasonable. I guess you don't have Visa or any way to pay by credit card or I would pay you right now!

sn41

May 3, 2012
I would sell the Ethiopian for $25..will look for the Royal and see if I have. Most of what I have is oudh and sandalwood.....if you like I could send a Paypal invoice to your email address and we could do payment that way? Work for you?

Sufiyah

Jan 12, 2019
I would sell the Ethiopian for $25..will look for the Royal and see if I have. Most of what I have is oudh and sandalwood.....if you like I could send a Paypal invoice to your email address and we could do payment that way? Work for you?

Wait, wait...SANDALWOOD, did you say? I am VERY interested in sandalwood... is it the Ish sandalwood attar or is it a blend with something else (Nag Champa, Persian rose etc.). Not crazy about the Champa blend, but his Persian rose blend was very nice! I was always sorry I didn't get a bottle of it before Ish went away.Let me know what you are willing to part with, in that line, as well!

And yes: the Paypal thing should work, if it takes a Visa card!

Sufiyah

sn41

May 3, 2012
Wait, wait...SANDALWOOD, did you say? I am VERY interested in sandalwood... is it the Ish sandalwood attar or is it a blend with something else (Nag Champa, Persian rose etc.). Not crazy about the Champa blend, but his Persian rose blend was very nice! I was always sorry I didn't get a bottle of it before Ish went away.Let me know what you are willing to part with, in that line, as well!

And yes: the Paypal thing should work, if it takes a Visa card!

Sufiyah

Hi....
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of sandalwood left over from Ish.....I have one or two bottles of Mysore that were okay before he got messed over by the supplier, which unfortunately happened a lot. One time they even cut it with a skin irritant. He was way too generous to some of these people. I also have a partial bottle of some Sri Lankan.

I am a sandalwood connoisseur, and lucky enough to remember Mysore sandalwood oil in the late 80s/early 90s before it became really scarce and adulterated. That being said, if you want some really good old school Mysore, I encourage you to visit Lotus Garden Botanicals. They have Mysore Sandalwood oil available, and yes, it is the real thing. I think they're doing 5 ml for $98. The profile of this oil exactly matches what I remember back in the day and it is delicious. Nice and thick, strong fragrance, creamy and buttery. It's like putting filet mignon in front of a starving carnivore. It's not the watered down mild sandalwood so commonly found today and being advertised as being Mysore. I also have some other suggestions, but this one really impressed me.

You should be able to use your card on PayPal. I'll get your order together, and I'm going to look through some more boxes to see if I have that Royal Black Musk. I might as well look through everything and then finalize your order when all is said and done. Would rather send it all in one shipment....

And now that you mention it, I may have his Persian blend. I do however have some Persian Rose Otto. I'm a big rose head, and Persian rose is one of my absolute favorites.

Sufiyah

Jan 12, 2019
Hi....
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of sandalwood left over from Ish.....I have one or two bottles of Mysore that were okay before he got messed over by the supplier, which unfortunately happened a lot. One time they even cut it with a skin irritant. He was way too generous to some of these people. I also have a partial bottle of some Sri Lankan.

I am a sandalwood connoisseur, and lucky enough to remember Mysore sandalwood oil in the late 80s/early 90s before it became really scarce and adulterated. That being said, if you want some really good old school Mysore, I encourage you to visit Lotus Garden Botanicals. They have Mysore Sandalwood oil available, and yes, it is the real thing. I think they're doing 5 ml for $98. The profile of this oil exactly matches what I remember back in the day and it is delicious. Nice and thick, strong fragrance, creamy and buttery. It's like putting filet mignon in front of a starving carnivore. It's not the watered down mild sandalwood so commonly found today and being advertised as being Mysore. I also have some other suggestions, but this one really impressed me.

You should be able to use your card on PayPal. I'll get your order together, and I'm going to look through some more boxes to see if I have that Royal Black Musk. I might as well look through everything and then finalize your order when all is said and done. Would rather send it all in one shipment....

And now that you mention it, I may have his Persian blend. I do however have some Persian Rose Otto. I'm a big rose head, and Persian rose is one of my absolute favorites.

Thanks for the tip about Lotus Garden! And i do hope you have some of that Persian blend, too. Sorry for the radio silence; I have been off-line for a couple of days. Just let me know when you've got it all together.. I will be here..eventually!

sn41

May 3, 2012
Thanks for the tip about Lotus Garden! And i do hope you have some of that Persian blend, too. Sorry for the radio silence; I have been off-line for a couple of days. Just let me know when you've got it all together.. I will be here..eventually!

Hi,
No worries...haven't forgotten about you either...I'll get it together this weekend. I just started a new job, so that's been foremost in my mind. I'll post tomorrow after I have your stuff together. S

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Moderator Message

Members are kindly reminded that the open forums are not a platform for selling - that applies to eBay links and other online sales sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News