All Things Ensar Oud

Bornlate’58

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 12, 2021
Chypre Narcotique:
I really had to do a double-take on this one when I checked the pyramid and found NO oak moss listed— looks like that bourbon vetiver mimics a deep and fantastic oak moss accord in combination with the other notes in this chypre. At to least to my schnoz

Tosef

Jun 5, 2017
Chypre Narcotique:
I really had to do a double-take on this one when I checked the pyramid and found NO oak moss listed— looks like that bourbon vetiver mimics a deep and fantastic oak moss accord in combination with the other notes in this chypre. At to least to my schnoz

Indeed! And I remember that the attar definitely had oakmoss and I also thought I picked it up in the PP. Ensar doesn't necessarily list all ingredients tho, so maybe it's there but wasn't listed... 🤷‍♂️

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
so why not just buy some musk or give some business to ninja robb or rpp? 10% siber musk tincture 30mL $195 theres your unspiced siber extreme. hell add your own oud oils and any essentials / absolutes to make your own bespoke. you are ripping yourself off buying from ensar just my opinion but hey its your $.
You’re so brave! I can’t believe I never thought about this before. It must be so easy to just make your own fragrance and have it smell like EO2. You’re gonna save us all SO much money.

Obviously you’ve made your own Ensar clones. Do tell what the final price came out to be.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Ensar will add some aged mandarin oil, a bit of chinese oud to tonkin musk and its a Chinese new year semi bespoke! $999
Both Semi-Bespoke Homeros Ambre and Tigerlust 1990 were indeed $999, for 50ml! Same as the special release Musc Gardenia for Oudfest , also $999 for 50ml. 😁

Maybe this time around, Ensar gonna load 2g of Nha Trang LTD along with some vintage compounds to it for $999/50ml? :LOL:

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Both Semi-Bespoke Homeros Ambre and Tigerlust 1990 were indeed $999, for 50ml! Same as the special release Musc Gardenia for Oudfest , also $999 for 50ml. 😁

Maybe this time around, Ensar gonna load 2g of Nha Trang LTD along with some vintage compounds to it for $999/50ml? :LOL:
We got to take a look at planetary movement. If they allign, with Jono and Besim reading, it will most likely happen 😄

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Siber Extreme - Initial Impression

20220111_171549.jpg

If you're familiar with the Tibetan Musk, then Siber Extreme would feel like home to you. It is in the same caliber as the Tibetan Musk, doesn't quite has that spicy and peppery bite but it is heavier and muskier. Obviously, this one has the unmistakable Siberian signature and characteristic....a hint of uranious in the beginning, though it isn't offensive at all, a bit more animalic than other varieties.

Siber Extreme has the citrusy orange peel in the opening, it isn't as sour and citrusy as Chypre Narcotique, I would say the sourness strength is a bit less but somewhat similar to that of Taifi Rose from EO3. Did I mention this is VERY musky?!? A real heavyweight animalic musk bomb. I'm also perceiving a hint of Tonkin-type earthiness in this, a similar throat-feel as the NFU.

There's a slight hint of dark fruits undertone behind the musk, and also a bit of that southerner sweet black tea. The Cambodian Oud blended in seamlessly, as a matter of fact...Oud doesn't really stand out front and center here, but neither did Tibetan Musk, Musk Yusuf and EO2! This is all about the Musk, Musk, and more Musk.

The Jasmine and Frangipani provided a good lift and supporting role to the Siberian musk, overall the floral in this composition isn't very forward or overpowering, floral strength is in the same ballpark as the Tibetan Musk and EO2. This isn't as fruity as Musk Yusuf and Oud Yusuf either.

In comparison to the EO2 (OG, 2.0, and Kashmir), the Siber Extreme has fewer spices, it's earthier, a little bit sweeter, meatier, darker, and more animalic. Even though it shares the same Siberian DNA with many previous first-generation releases, I really don't see any redundancy in having this one in my collection. It's muskier and more animalic than Tibetan Musk, not as fruity as Musk Yusuf, and not as spicey as EO2, this is pure animalistic musk bliss.

Performance is very good, similar to Tibetan Musk. Be warned that, you have got to love musks to appreciate composition like this, and Siberian musk is known to have that Uranious opening for 2 to 3 min in the beginning, some people might not like this type of characteristic at all, the same way some people cannot stand Hindi/Assam type ouds because they dislike the barnyard type profile. Siber Extreme isn't a complex composition, it is quite linear on me, and I'm perfectly fine with it. It is a masculine, manly type beast scent profile. If you are the type who tends to think any releases with Siberian musk is too redundant because it has the same old "DNA", then you probably should skip it and try other types of musks instead. But for me, being a huge fan of musks, I'm very happy and glad to have this, and this is not something I would ever get rid of. Siber Extreme seems to be closer to Tibetan Musk PP and Musk Yusuf than it is to EO2 (all editions) and other generation 1 release from yesteryears, that's the vibe I'm getting from it, regardless of say "DNA".

Attachments

• 5D3_3942.JPG
    5D3_3942.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220111_171916.jpg
    20220111_171916.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16

FragSyndrome

Sep 14, 2016
Nice looking juice. I always worry my EO bottles clogging up. It's never happened to me but it must have to someone out there and I wonder what the response is from the EO team if that was to happen.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Nice looking juice. I always worry my EO bottles clogging up. It's never happened to me but it must have to someone out there and I wonder what the response is from the EO team if that was to happen.

My Tibetan Musk has pods inside, from time to time the nozzle clogged up and i'll just have to take the nozzle off to saok in hot water, then use compressed air to blow it out is all. IF, the tubing got clogged up, that would just give me a legit reason and excuse to break open the crimped sleeve/cap, transfer the juice to new bottle, and dump a shit load of ouds and other animalic compounds into it....i have a bunch of styrax, civet, hyraceum absolute and ambergris tincture waiting for some experimentation. I AM looking forward to the tubing inside the bottle clogging up, so I can break the seal and go wild on an abomination concoction. 🤪 🤓🥳🤩😈👹🥸

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I dunno man, it'll probably be all 👹 by the time you're done with it. Maybe just ask EO to fix it if that happens instead?
I have never had any tubing clogging up from EO.

Can't say the same about ALD, Santal Galore is notorious in sugar crystalization both at the nozzle and inside the bottle, haven't seen this in any EO releases.

Sultan al Hindi

Feb 5, 2020
My Tibetan Musk has pods inside, from time to time the nozzle clogged up and i'll just have to take the nozzle off to saok in hot water, then use compressed air to blow it out is all. IF, the tubing got clogged up, that would just give me a legit reason and excuse to break open the crimped sleeve/cap, transfer the juice to new bottle, and dump a shit load of ouds and other animalic compounds into it....i have a bunch of styrax, civet, hyraceum absolute and ambergris tincture waiting for some experimentation. I AM looking forward to the tubing inside the bottle clogging up, so I can break the seal and go wild on an abomination concoction. 🤪 🤓🥳🤩😈👹🥸
Why wait till then? You already have the atomisers to decant into, so just take a 1ml or so out and have some fun man!

litworth

Mar 6, 2010
Anyone ever tried the Purple Kinam pure perfume? If so then let me know what you think of it? I am debating between buying this, or going with the Purple Rain attar or the Iris Ghalia pure perfume, both of which are MUCH less expensive than the Purple Kinam. I’m wondering if purple Konam is really THAT much better than the other 2?

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Anyone ever tried the Purple Kinam pure perfume? If so then let me know what you think of it? I am debating between buying this, or going with the Purple Rain attar or the Iris Ghalia pure perfume, both of which are MUCH less expensive than the Purple Kinam. I’m wondering if purple Konam is really THAT much better than the other 2?
I have a sample of Purple Kinam PP and Iris Ghaliyah is better to my nose.
In purple K you will get alot of flowers with a string of kinam piercing through it, but after some time with it, i wont call it a "complete" composition, more so a very good hastily prepared concoction that justifies its existance because of very good materials.
Iris Ghaliyah is less flowery, has more depth and a complete composition where you have black tea as a placeholder, and various facets built around it. Carefully and with thought. A true perfume with great longevity and sillage.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I have a sample of Purple Kinam PP and Iris Ghaliyah is better to my nose.
In purple K you will get alot of flowers with a string of kinam piercing through it, but after some time with it, i wont call it a "complete" composition, more so a very good hastily prepared concoction that justifies its existance because of very good materials.
Iris Ghaliyah is less flowery, has more depth and a complete composition where you have black tea as a placeholder, and various facets built around it. Carefully and with thought. A true perfume with great longevity and sillage.
^^THIS.

Personally, i prefer this new Iris Ghalia 3.0 over Purple Kinam, Purple Rain, and Iris Ghalia 2.0, all day, all night, every single day!! Purple Kinam is too flowery for me.

Iris Ghalia 3.0 is absolutely stunning. As a matter of fact, this is the only EO release that made me feel like having 4 bottles simply isn't going to cut it, I need like half a gallon of this new Iris Ghalia 3.0 to never run out of it in this lifetime.
271032979_331076698840657_3773441190883606652_n.jpg

Latest News