All Things Ensar Oud

mahmadna

Dec 19, 2019
Help!

I've tried SLA, EO1, EO2, Tigerlust, C&P. I noticed that they have prominent spicy elements /spices in them.

Monsieur Oud, Iris Ghalia, and Iris Noir have almost undetectable spiciness.

Which of his current offerings have no spices? I'm not keen on smelling like Teriyaki sauce or mushrooms.

Thanks for the help.

Diamond Joe

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
Help!

I've tried SLA, EO1, EO2, Tigerlust, C&P. I noticed that they have prominent spicy elements /spices in them.

Which of his current offerings have no spices? I'm not keen on smelling like Teriyaki sauce or mushrooms.

Thanks for the help.
I would say Tonkin Musk

avo1811

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 6, 2018
Help!

Thanks for the help.
Tonkin musk, irian green, chypre narcotique, qi nan, santal sultan

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
Is siberian musk from qaboos stash?

With regards to the Qaboos stash/Qaboos Juice, I'd like to ask those who have invested heavily into perfumes and oils falling under that moniker, whether it would take anything away from their enjoyment if it turns out that they're not and it was all just a marketing ploy to inflate prices or that the vendor was duped into believing so?

Does it matter to you the grade of material used, to whom they belonged to etc or is it the final juice that matters above everything else i.e you'd be happy to pay the same prices regardless of ingredients?

I bring this up, not to stir trouble, but to ask if anybody actually cares since some very well respected vendors in the oudh business have raised serious doubts over the authenticity of SQ oils being sold in the market today whether they be from EO or anybody else.

Last edited:

SOB111

Feb 9, 2019
With regards to the Qaboos stash/Qaboos Juice, I'd like to ask those who have invested heavily into perfumes and oils falling under that moniker, whether it would take anything away from their enjoyment if it turns out that they're not and it was all just a marketing ploy to inflate prices or that the vendor was duped into believing so?

Does it matter to you what grade materials are used, to whom they belonged to etc or is it the final juice that matters above anything else i.e you'd be happy to pay the same prices regardless of ingredients?

I bring this up, not to stir trouble, but to ask if anybody actually cares since some very well respected vendors in the oudh business have raised serious doubts over the authenticity of SQ oils being sold in the market today whether they be from EO or anybody else.

I have Melange Privee which I like a lot (regardless of whether it is SQ or not). However, having said that, I did originally buy it on the assumption (based on the marketing) that it was in fact a SQ private mixture and that allowed me to justify to myself (rightly or wrongly) the cost. If it wasn't SQ oil - I would still enjoy the oil but id be mightly annoyed with the misleading marketing and I would also think its value is significantly less.

However - having said all this, I do place a lot of trust in the reviewers on sites such as Ouddict - there are many people on there far more experienced in oud than I am, and I find them to be fairly impartial when it comes to EO products. I don't buy solely on the "marketing of SQ oils" but first do my research on sites such as Ouddict before committing to the purchase.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020

Does it matter to you what grade materials are used, to whom they belonged to etc or is it the final juice that matters above anything else i.e you'd be happy to pay the same prices regardless of ingredients?

Personally I couldn't care less if they're Qaboos or not, the composition and experience is what I pay the high price for, don't care if the compounds came from Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck. I've always enjoyed EO perfumes long before Sultan Qaboos came into the picture. A lot of other houses, including ALD or Bortnikoff...they simply don't excite me the same way EO did, just ain't getting the same type of experience. There are Many generations 1 and 2 EO releases that aren't Sultan Qaboos, and I absolutely love them still.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
so what will set siber extreme apart from eo2/private blend/tigerlust?
Per the description: "Siber Extreme goes out to everyone who missed out on the Siber OGs and wants to get their nose on a perfume with a wild roar."

And according to Ensar, it's muskier than EO2 as well. Based on the note breakdown I think this is going to be sharper, brighter, a bit more pungent, with that well-known animalic Siberian bite that a lot of us are craving for, sort of like the EO2 OG minus the spices with a hint of Musk Yusuf maybe?

a Siberian musk bomb is what a lot of people on FB group have been asking for in the last few months, from what I've seen and read anyway.

ain soph aur

Basenotes Member
Mar 31, 2021
so why not just buy some musk or give some business to ninja robb or rpp? 10% siber musk tincture 30mL $195 theres your unspiced siber extreme. hell add your own oud oils and any essentials / absolutes to make your own bespoke. you are ripping yourself off buying from ensar just my opinion but hey its your $.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
so why not just buy some musk or give some business to ninja robb or rpp? 10% siber musk tincture 30mL $195 theres your unspiced siber extreme. hell add your own oud oils and any essentials / absolutes to make your own bespoke. you are ripping yourself off buying from ensar just my opinion but hey its your $.
That's like saying, yea....why not just buy the Siberian Pod and smear the grains directly onto my neck and wear it neat and layer it with attar or oud oils? why even bother with tincture? Ripping myself off because i feel the price is justified? what are you smoking?
he makes enjoyable frags i wont dispute that but so overpriced and he comes across as arrogant, disrespectful yet people keep gobbling up his fodder. its like supporting a company that uses baby carcasses to fuel its machines. are people willing to ignore morals and values to continue supporting this slimeball? oh and by the way if anyone has any partials for sale hit me up.
Have you ever approached Ensar directly and spoken with him at all? Your statement came off as even more ignorant, arrogant, disrespectful and downright insulting. Speaking of morals, as if you have any....what a class act, be throwing around random assault and calling someone else a slimeball, who are you trying to kid? slandering and trolling at its finest.

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
Personally I couldn't care less if they're Qaboos or not, the composition and experience is what I pay the high price for, don't care if the compounds came from Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck. I've always enjoyed EO perfumes long before Sultan Qaboos came into the picture. A lot of other houses, including ALD or Bortnikoff...they simply don't excite me the same way EO did, just ain't getting the same type of experience. There are Many generations 1 and 2 EO releases that aren't Sultan Qaboos, and I absolutely love them still.
I like to think I'm like that too with regards to perfume, but on the other hand (like SOB11) I wouldn't want my trust being abused either. Especially at a certain price point where you expect the vendor to have done his due diligence and that you can have some assurance that you're getting what you paid for.

In an ideal world you'd want some certificate/guarantee of authenticity for Ultra-luxurious items (use of blockchain tech possibly ????:ROFLMAO:), but I guess in an unregulated industry like that of oud and natural perfume, we gotta take the good with the bad.

ain soph aur

Basenotes Member
Mar 31, 2021
russian adam recently released musk pod in small capsule to be worn neat or just open up. maybe i am smoking the same as him. & not only have i spoken directly to ensar and his adam jono team but the writing is on the wall. looks like you chose the blue pill.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I like to think I'm like that too with regards to perfume, but on the other hand (like SOB11) I wouldn't want my trust being abused either. Especially at a certain price point where you expect the vendor to have done his due diligence and that you can have some assurance that you're getting what you paid for.

In an ideal world you'd want some certificate/guarantee of authenticity for Ultra-luxurious items (use of blockchain tech possibly ????:ROFLMAO:), but I guess in an unregulated industry like that of oud and natural perfume, we gotta take the good with the bad.
That's understandable.

I'm pretty sure ALD and other houses have plenty of stuff that fit everybody's budget and price range? at least with those, you know exactly what you're getting right? 😅

Or, you can always start collecting Parfum De Marly like I did, i have about 16 different ones from PDM LOL they're fire...usually only cost $120~150 from ebay for a massive 125ml!!!! without breaking the bank. Most of them are about $1 per ml, You know you want some of these Parfum De Marly!!! :cool:

20220107_122751.jpg

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
I think people pay the premium so they don't have to go through the cost of trial and error and they'd rather let an expert do the hard work for them who is much better versed in using the materials at his/hers disposal.

You can literally say that about anything really i.e Instead of paying top dollar to experience fine dining at a Michelin star restaurant, just buy the raw materials and try to recreate it at home.

Was it not the division of labour that helped mankind flourish after all?

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
That's understandable.

I'm pretty sure ALD and other houses have plenty of stuff that fit everybody's budget and price range? at least with those, you know exactly what you're getting right? 😅

Or, you can always start collecting Parfum De Marly like I did, i have about 16 different ones from PDM LOL they're fire...usually only cost $120~150 from ebay for a massive 125ml!!!! without breaking the bank.

It's not about budget, but honesty and abuse of trust.

Anyhow, I was just interested to see if anybody cared that's all lol

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
russian adam recently released musk pod in small capsule to be worn neat or just open up. maybe i am smoking the same as him. & not only have i spoken directly to ensar and his adam jono team but the writing is on the wall. looks like you chose the blue pill.

Care to share exactly what did Ensar said to you that came off as disrespectful and arrogant and being a slimeball as you called him? 🙄

Or are you digging out the dead horse and some old craps from many years ago to use as your assault ammo?

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
It's not about budget, but honesty and abuse of trust.

Anyhow, I was just interested to see if anybody cared that's all lol
The way i see it, if i don't trust any vendor, then I don't buy from them, period. why put yourself in any position to constantly have doubts and mistrust? better off being completely out of it if there are trust issues going on, right?

ain soph aur

Basenotes Member
Mar 31, 2021
i guess you have to find some sort of meaning and distraction from reality. sorry for wasting your time. oh & ensar is very skilled by the way no doubt of that but he is not a good person from his interaction with me if it matters at all. which it doesnt seem to because you arent affected directly.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
i guess you have to find some sort of meaning and distraction from reality. sorry for wasting your time. oh & ensar is very skilled by the way no doubt of that but he is not a good person from his interaction with me if it matters at all. which it doesnt seem to because you arent affected directly.

Again, care to share your bad experience? I'm trying to keep an open mind and see your side of the story. I'm not biased and would never take side, I am however....allergic to bullshit.

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
The way i see it, if i don't trust any vendor, then I don't buy from them, period. why put yourself in any position to constantly have doubts and mistrust? better off being completely out of it if there are trust issues going on, right?

Sure, but if you want to buy from an unregulated industry (as is the case), we all have to go in with an element of blind trust which I was fine with.

The problem only starts to occur for me, when there are serious reasons to doubt it i.e multiple reputable vendors throwing light on the authenticity of said oils in a public forum. Obviously nobody is forced to buy anything, but this is a forum for discussion and sharing of thoughts and seeing as we're all in the same boat here (consumers who are blindly trusting these vendors), I wanted to see what others thoughts were on the matter.

As the saying goes, there is no smoke without fire....

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Sure, but if you want to buy from an unregulated industry (as is the case), we all have to go in with an element of blind trust which I was fine with.

The problem only starts to occur for me, when there are serious reasons to doubt it i.e multiple reputable vendors throwing light on the authenticity of said oils in a public forum. There is no smoke without fire as they say.....
As far as the Sultan Qaboos goes, I don't think Ensar has the exclusive right to it, I remember seeing Elixar Attar get hold of a few bottles of that stuff from Auction and they were selling that vintage SQ stuff for like few thousand dollars per gram! one of them was like $9K for 3g if I remember correctly, so how exactly are we going to authenticate those? and how do we know it wasn't just some used motor oils mixed with organic cheap oils in it? lol

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
theres some otc drugs you could check out. or allergy shots. best to just avoid i suppose. ignorance is bliss.
I thought so, your false accusation is clear as day, you are simply unable to provide a single piece of proof or screenshot of say...."interaction" to back your bogus bullshit story, you have a very ill intention to tarnish a brand simply because you think they're overpriced. I see through your shenanigans from miles away.

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
As far as the Sultan Qaboos goes, I don't think Ensar has the exclusive right to it, I remember seeing Elixar Attar get hold of a few bottles of that stuff from Auction and they were selling that vintage SQ stuff for like few thousand dollars per gram! one of them was like $9K for 3g if I remember correctly, so how exactly are we going to authenticate those? and how do we know it wasn't just some used motor oils mixed with organic cheap oils in it? lol

Precisely what I'm getting at. It's all a bit of a shit show tbh and can only hurt the vendors themselves as a whole.I guess that's why a lot of those posts were deleted.

In Elixir Attars case, he's at least displayed the SQ bottles he acquired in an IG video IIRC, but who's to say they're his?

I'm sure if the oils were adulterated to such an extent, experienced noses would be able to tell and word would have gotten out pretty quickly. It's not like something similar hasn't happened before, whether it was ''The Perfumist'' being called out for selling snake oil or the lab analysis conducted on one of Kyarazens (A valuable source of knowledge on all things oud as well as a renowned incense maker) oils whose purity some disputed..

BTW did EO ever claim to be the only ones having access to the late Sultans Oils, or is that another false accusation that's thrown about them?

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
why would i need to justify anything to you? get over yourself and make a sacrifice to ensar or something.

Stick with Tom Ford, they are more your type of fragrances. I know i love mine, as I'm sure you will be happier with Tom Ford too!! Ensar Oud is not your jam, it never was.

Give these two gems a try, totally up your alley, you will love it.

20220107_133151[2776].jpg

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Precisely what I'm getting at. It's all a bit of a shit show tbh and can only hurt the vendors themselves as a whole.I guess that's why a lot of those posts were deleted.

In Elixir Attars case, he's at least displayed the SQ bottles he acquired in an IG video IIRC, but who's to say they're his?

I'm sure if the oils were adulterated to such an extent, experienced noses would be able to tell and word would have gotten out pretty quickly. It's not like something similar hasn't happened before, whether it was ''The Perfumist'' being called out for selling snake oil or the lab analysis conducted on one of Kyarazens (A valuable source of knowledge on all things oud as well as a renowned incense maker) oils whose purity some disputed..

BTW did EO ever claim to be the only ones having access to the late Sultans Oils, or is that another false accusation that's thrown about them?

It's a slippery slope, i guess people who spend that kind of money on those vintage SQ oils got to have some level of trust in the vendor, and they obviously know what to look out for. Personally, my peasant's nose is fine with organic oud oils, diminishing return hit home hard at $100 per gram price point for me, don't have a delicate nose to appreciate and enjoy any of those super fine premium grade oils. To be honest, a lot of the previous old EO releases from 2018 to 2020 that are non-SQ smell and perform perfectly fine to me, I'm not sure what SQ has brought to the table that the previous releases couldn't. What I do know is, a lot of new releases from 2021 are awesome and I like them a lot, and love some of them enough to buy backups.

No, EO has NEVER made any claim of having an exclusive right or access to SQ stuff, never seen or heard of any such claim like that from EO.

ain soph aur

Basenotes Member
Mar 31, 2021
yes who cares what type of person he is as long as he has the most treasured and revered oils imaginable. your kaliedoscope is broken and all you have left is a red classic viewmaster. a more expensive toy but is it worth it?

Latest News