All Things Ensar Oud

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
did you get your sample?
Yup, got it and tried it twice.
tell me more... also did u see the semi bespoke on Facebook looks like its right up your alley
It's way too close to the EO2, the Private Blend I had in mind would be significantly muskier and far more animalistic. Yes, I saw Ryan's unboxing and initial impression, I'm glad he loves it, it's a semi-B based on the PB that he loved so it worked for him. ;-)

Mar 23, 2021
Yup, got it and tried it twice.

It's way too close to the EO2, the Private Blend I had in mind would be significantly muskier and far more animalistic. Yes, I saw Ryan's unboxing and initial impression, I'm glad he loves it, it's a semi-B based on the PB that he loved so it worked for him. ;-)
what kind of sample did you get? mine was like 0.1 ml was kind of impossible to test apart from dabbing it in the hand. It is very different than the first edition of private blend. The first edition is definetely more animalic and muskier than this version that seems a bit more refined and elegant but kind of lost the musk king sensation that you were getting from the first edition. OFC I don't really know if this impression is totally right as the sample was miniscule

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
Make sure you're sitting down for this news, because it's sure to shock you: three more bottles were just announced.
Irian Green EDP, EO No. 2 Kashmir EDP, and Kyara Koko '92 EDP. Currently discounted $100 for each bottle.
We were talking about making perfumes with a few essential oil folks recently, all on different occasions.

Whenever the topic of oud came up, each and every one of them had the same response: “Ah, sure… we’ll try to get buaya for you.” (Buaya is a different species sold as oud – i.e. fake oud.)

We didn’t ask for buaya, didn’t even bring it up. But when talking about making perfume and using oud, that’s just everyone’s default reaction, the only assumption they make. Who, after all, uses proper agarwood oil in their perfume when buaya lets you say ‘oud’ on the bottle for a fraction of the cost?

But forget proper agarwood oil – these EDPs show off the finest artisanal ouds on the planet. And vintage Mysore sandalwood and tons of tuberose, angelica, bourbon vanilla, plus Tibetan and Kashmiri musk. And loads more…

… and you score $100 off per bottle + if you order a bottle each of Irian Green, EO 2: Kashmir, and Kyara Koko this weekend, you’ll receive a FREE 2 gr bottle of QAWHA NERA* – worth $235!

That’s a $535 special – as a big Thank You! to each and all for making these perfumes possible to create in this day and age of buaya and muscarome.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Hmm anyone got any money left? What a crazy week for releases.
giphy.gif

DearMusk

Basenotes Member
Sep 9, 2020
Maybe I'll pull the trigger on the Irian but I really hope this is the last interesting release and I hope he just ignores christmas & new years 🤣 Can't keep up with all of these amazing releases

JonoBorneo

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 30, 2019
Jono is the man to ask as he is the primary point of contact for Semi-Bs. I'm mainly just a design monkey. :)
Imagine steele blue fumes of creamy lotus and Pinoy LTD (which has an aquamarine, serene breezy feel), sparkling Taif rose, aged Maroke and Burmese Oud, all drowned in sandalwood and white ambergris...it’s the most sedative perfume I’ve ever had my nose on. If you use perfume as medicine for the soul, this is the one to aim for.

Every component of this composition has a relaxing effect on me; full spectrum relaxation, from the top notes all the way down.

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
Maybe I'll pull the trigger on the Irian but I really hope this is the last interesting release and I hope he just ignores christmas & new years 🤣 Can't keep up with all of these amazing releases
Why do you need to 'keep up' with all the releases?

You can't miss what you haven't smelled, is a good way of dealing with FOMO I've found.

98ViperGTS

Basenotes Member
Feb 10, 2012
You'll never keep up with them all.
I had to step back and take a break.
Spent some money on a TMNT Turtles in Time Arcade cabinet instead 🤣

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
what kind of sample did you get? mine was like 0.1 ml was kind of impossible to test apart from dabbing it in the hand. It is very different than the first edition of private blend. The first edition is definetely more animalic and muskier than this version that seems a bit more refined and elegant but kind of lost the musk king sensation that you were getting from the first edition. OFC I don't really know if this impression is totally right as the sample was miniscule

The sample vial I got has the swipe stick, i spread that stuff to cover a wide area on my arm, around 6"x 2", to mimic the spray coverage. NFU remains the musk king for me, with Tibetan Musk, Tonkin Musk, Musk Yusuf, and EO2 following closely behind.
I really hope this is the last interesting release and I hope he just ignores christmas & new years 🤣

I'm willing to bet there are a few more new releases on the horizon before Xmas. I don't see anything wrong with having more new releases, it just means more options for the fans, we don't have to buy them all, and there's always the option to either get small decants of it, or organize a split with other fans, it's always exciting to get to try even just 1 to 2ml of new compositions.

I found a short video clip on Ensar's facebook homepage where he explain why there's a barrage of new releases, he posted it back in March 29th

Last edited:

rameez1

Basenotes Member
May 4, 2021
I missed out on NFU pp unfortunately. I just saw a few days ago that it was in attar form and is being given away if you spend over 999. I did so and got, Tibetan musk ghaliyah, Mongolian musk, Iris noir attar and white kinam. I’m really looking forward to it! If any of you guys know, would the attar Version also include the musks & ouds and what concentration of so?

avo1811

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 6, 2018
I missed out on NFU pp unfortunately. I just saw a few days ago that it was in attar form and is being given away if you spend over 999. I did so and got, Tibetan musk ghaliyah, Mongolian musk, Iris noir attar and white kinam. I’m really looking forward to it! If any of you guys know, would the attar Version also include the musks & ouds and what concentration of so?
The attar version will absolutely have musk and oud in it.

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
I don't see much interest for Abu Madyan, what tells me that I am clearly not an EO standard customer. It was the one that called me the most from the trio. From its description to the notes (not the typical Ensar's comfort zone on paper) it sounds just great and mediterranean, and I don't remember another release that piqued my interest this way since OG Iris Ghalia and, once I tried it, EO Black.

Tosef

Jun 5, 2017
I don't see much interest for Abu Madyan, what tells me that I am clearly not an EO standard customer. It was the one that called me the most from the trio. From its description to the notes (not the typical Ensar's comfort zone on paper) it sounds just great and mediterranean, and I don't remember another release that piqued my interest this way since OG Iris Ghalia and, once I tried it, EO Black.
That's interesting. I thought the exact same thing ("not the typical EO on paper") about Ibn Arabi. :D
Madyan still sounds like the typical Ensar spices cabinet plus oud to me (that's very simplified and I don't mean it as negative as it might sound). Plus, when I read cilantro (still wondering tho if cilantro seeds or the actual leaves), I was instantly deterred haha

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
That's interesting. I thought the exact same thing ("not the typical EO on paper") about Ibn Arabi. :D
Madyan still sounds like the typical Ensar spices cabinet plus oud to me (that's very simplified and I don't mean it as negative as it might sound). Plus, when I read cilantro (still wondering tho if cilantro seeds or the actual leaves), I was instantly deterred haha
Lol.

I love cilantro. And all those herbs, flowers and spices from western Mediterranean, from north to south. So hope you are not right(!).

Last edited:

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020

If you still want the NFU PP, Sealed Essence has the last bottle of it when i checked it last night.

98ViperGTS

Basenotes Member
Feb 10, 2012
If you're In Canada, I may be moving a high partial NFU PP. Sadly, I haven't had an opportunity to wear it as often as I would like...
It's a stunning composition

Diamond Joe

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
Anybody have any insight as to why Tonkin musk - which was a gold plaque bottle in both 30 and 50ml versions - is now only available as a "pre-order" (ships Dec 21) for the 30ml??

The 50ml version is now in a leather pouch instead of a gold plaque - and ships out immediately.. ?? Did EO sell out the first batch of Tonkin Musk and this is the second?

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Anybody have any insight as to why Tonkin musk - which was a gold plaque bottle in both 30 and 50ml versions - is now only available as a "pre-order" (ships Dec 21) for the 30ml??

The 50ml version is now in a leather pouch instead of a gold plaque - and ships out immediately.. ?? Did EO sell out the first batch of Tonkin Musk and this is the second?
I'm guessing the 30ml version sold out so they're making more, while the 50ml wasn't as popular so they have more of them left, and now threw in a new leather case for it. The 50ml can be ships out immediately so it's the same 1st batch, while the 30ml that will be available in Dec 21 presumably will be 2nd batch.
If Ensar could bring the Iris Ghalia back from the grave after 3 years, making the 3.0 smells 99.99% similar to the OG, then i have no doubt he will be able to replicate/duplicate the same batch of TM with very little to zero batch variation, unless certain ingredients ran out for whatever reason.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
I'm guessing the 30ml version sold out so they're making more, while the 50ml wasn't as popular so they have more of them left, and now threw in a new leather case for it. The 50ml can be ships out immediately so it's the same 1st batch, while the 30ml that will be available in Dec 21 presumably will be 2nd batch.
If Ensar could bring the Iris Ghalia back from the grave after 3 years, making the 3.0 smells 99.99% similar to the OG, then i have no doubt he will be able to replicate/duplicate the same batch of TM with very little to zero batch variation, unless certain ingredients ran out for whatever reason.
I grabbed a 30ml Tonkin Musk based on your recommendation and saw the leather one today and grabbed that as well because I love the leather look. Literally was the first thing I saw when I logged in to Facebook in the morning (your post). I'll go ahead and block you now. 🤣🤣

I also grabbed an IG bottle last week as you gave it a glowing review and I love, love the OG and decided to secure some of 3.0 to use instead of over-using the OG.

This past week hasn't been kind to my wallet.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I grabbed a 30ml Tonkin Musk based on your recommendation and saw the leather one today and grabbed that as well because I love the leather look. Literally was the first thing I saw when I logged in to Facebook in the morning (your post). I'll go ahead and block you now. 🤣🤣

I also grabbed an IG bottle last week as you gave it a glowing review and I love, love the OG and decided to secure some of 3.0 to use instead of over-using the OG.

This past week hasn't been kind to my wallet.
I didn't backup Musk Yusuf, Tibetan Musk, or EO2, but this Tonkin Musk man....everything about it just clicks with me, this is the one that I got to have a backup for, I meant to get the 2nd bottle the same week I received my 30ml, just didn't get around to it. This leather edition I saw this morning gave me the big push to pull the trigger, it fit in nicely sitting next to my Homeros and C&P, same size and color and everything. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the leather case, gave it a more elegant presentation, hard to beat the genuine leather hand-feel, i prefer leather over the gold plague any day.

This Tonkin Musk along with the IG3 are not something I would ever sell, they are one of those "pry it out of cold dead hand" type deal. :ROFLMAO:

So how do you like the Tonkin Musk and IG3? did they live up to your expectation? ;-)

Reactions: qja

rameez1

Basenotes Member
May 4, 2021
guys I’m thinking of selling my Homeros to get the Tonkin musk and Iris Ghalia? I have Iris Ghalia the 2nd but I heard it’s nowhere near this one.

rameez1

Basenotes Member
May 4, 2021
I’ve got a few offers but I’m not sure which is better composition wise. I’d like to have a variety and I have C&P Tonkin, Iris Ghalia (2nd), Homeros, Santal Sultan & Borneo Zen Tibet.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Out of curiousity, has anybody ever tried the Di Ser Kyara? snake oil or the real deal? how does it compare to the Kinam/Kyara offering from EO?

Latest News