All Things Ensar Oud

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Hmm. I don't know. It's definitely much better to me than Borneo Kin. And the price difference isn't huge. So I would in that case. But it is inferior to Marius's and White Kinam. WK is much more expensive, but Marius's not so much more, and much better. I would also consider that top-notch Malinau oils are getting increasingly rare nowadays. It's a difficult question. I think that it is a very beautiful oil. And the price is ok, but you should always keep in mind that whatever Ensar sells for a given price, it is actually worth far less at the distiller. This is not the case with many smaller vendors that offer the same quality and sometimes better, with a minimal added tax on top of the distiller's price. Overall, it's a great oil, at an OK value as far as I see it, especially given the current options for Malinau oils.
Excellent breakdown bro I appreciate the thorough and thoughtful reply. I think it’s deserving of a gram especially as you said Malinau oils are getting harder to come by.

Sep 6, 2021
which version of santal sultan do you own? PP or EDP? did you try also the latest iteration of Iris ghalia and can make a comparison with the latest iris noir? I own 2gr of purple rain too and yea it is pretty amazing but to me it is like iris ghalia latest version with a blue emerald oud note that is piercing iris ghalia.. an oud note very similar to mitykina 4k from Taha piercing trough Iris ghalia. Very beautiful attar I wouldn't drop 1.5k on a 30ml perfume though. Performance on purple rain attar is amazing though lasts easeally 8 hours like the latest iris ghalia.
I got the Pure Parfum for the maxed out sandalwood concentration.
Can't comment on Iris Ghalia as I sort of skipped over it to grab Purple Rain & Iris Noir.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Notes From Underground 30ml EDP now available for $599. That begs the question as to why the PP version was so expensive...
The NFU EDP was offered in 9ml previously, as part of the tester collection. I've never get to try the EDP though, but the PP is absolutely nuclear, lasts well over 24hr on me, and leaves behind a very vivid scent memory afterward. NFU PP put a lot of other synthetic concoctions to shame in longevity and projection! even going toe to toe with the powerhouse Dior Homme Parfum! lol

Sep 6, 2021
The NFU EDP was offered in 9ml previously, as part of the tester collection. I've never get to try the EDP though, but the PP is absolutely nuclear, lasts well over 24hr on me, and leaves behind a very vivid scent memory afterward. NFU PP put a lot of other synthetic concoctions to shame in longevity and projection! even going toe to toe with the powerhouse Dior Homme Parfum! lol
Wearing NFU PP right now & couldn't agree more... It haunts you & makes you want to revisit it. Constantly.
And while the EDP price is nice, there's no recreating this density on the "cheap". The Pure Parfum's nearly pitch black compared to the EDP.
Still, I think the EDP would be worth owning. It's a great scent among the undeniably-unique-to-EO creations.
I thought I'd made a mistake buying it at first. Now I don't think I could give it up. It's oddly & undeniably addictive.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Hi!

Can anyone give a review of Purple Rain? Notes? Strength etc.. thanks :)
Scroll back a few pages and search the thread, there are some feedback on the Purple Rain PP, it is a florals predominant scent, I'm not getting much Kinam Oud or musk from it. Personally, I would not even pay $599/30ml for it!! I haven't try the attar version though.

toonces

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 1, 2020
Can anyone give a review of Purple Rain? Notes? Strength etc.. thanks :)

The attar is pretty good. Think of it as an Iris Ghalia flanker with the same narcotic florals dominating (iris and blue lotus iirc, and maybe some others..jasmine?). The musk and oud are supporting, but they’re noticeable in the attar at least. Regarding its strength - it’s definitely not a powerhouse like SLA, but Purple Rain seemed sufficiently potent to me. Maybe 4-6hrs of wafts off my arm before it became more of a skin scent. Take that time range with a grain of salt because I don’t pay attention to performance unless it’s extremely weak or strong.

Sunoud

Oct 20, 2021
Scroll back a few pages and search the thread, there are some feedback on the Purple Rain PP, it is a florals predominant scent, I'm not getting much Kinam Oud or musk from it. Personally, I would not even pay $599/30ml for it!! I haven't try the attar version though.
Thank you very much for your HONEST review. Ensar have been a hit or miss for me but it is so hard to know since his write-ups are so smart. And alllll reviews are always super positive somehow.
The attar is pretty good. Think of it as an Iris Ghalia flanker with the same narcotic florals dominating (iris and blue lotus iirc, and maybe some others..jasmine?). The musk and oud are supporting, but they’re noticeable in the attar at least. Regarding its strength - it’s definitely not a powerhouse like SLA, but Purple Rain seemed sufficiently potent to me. Maybe 4-6hrs of wafts off my arm before it became more of a skin scent. Take that time range with a grain of salt because I don’t pay attention to performance unless it’s extremely weak or strong.
Thanks to your honest review. Very appreciated!
Sounds pretty good to me. I got SLG last week and I'm happy with the performance but not sure about the smell yet. Love the musk but overall I feel it is pretty chaotic. I'll try it again in a week or two..

FumeHood

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 6, 2011
Some are some aren't, all depends on the composition and the climate.

If you're asking whether viscosity is an indicator of quality or strength then the answer is a clear NO.
Makes sense. This is especially the case with two bottles (1.5g and 1g) of the Hajar Aswad "Attar" in my posession. I didn't order them; they were part of a giveaway (with minimum spend) for a few weeks. If they didn't clearly say attar on the bottle, I'd swear they were the the pure parfum (which was consequently released about a month later.) Both are bombastically potent and very beautiful, though pitch black in color like their namesake. So I just took this to mean that the blend of pure extrait/tincture/I-hesitate-to-call-it-"oil" within these attar versions just happens to be NOT be very viscose at all. There are also some pure oils that I find quite fluid in structure (white kinam is one of them) compared to others that—as mentioned above—flow like molasses.

DavidFrag

Aug 31, 2021
Anyone tried the Note from underground, the EDP version!! Can anyone compare it to the Pp version? There is a massive price difference, which makes me sceptical about the quality of the EDP version.

Staff online

Latest News