All Things Ensar Oud

RedPillFrag

Mar 23, 2021
Did you get any spices? I heard the Oud isn't very pronounced, mostly the rose and musk right?

I wonder if the performance would get better, I mean all ALD stuff do, hopefully it would as well in few weeks.

I didnt get any spices mostly rose than musk than ambergris I didnt get any oud note at all. for me it is a very lush very luxurious musk and rose accord for all the duration of the scent.

Unfortunately this duration is very short after 2.5 hours it becomes a skin scent after 4 is completely gone.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I didnt get any spices mostly rose than musk than ambergris I didnt get any oud note at all. for me it is a very lush very luxurious musk and rose accord for all the duration of the scent.

Unfortunately this duration is very short after 2.5 hours it becomes a skin scent after 4 is completely gone.

Here's another thing you can try to test the performance, put one spray on your shirt or hand towel, leave it in a separate room for 6 to 8hr, go check on it afterward, do you still smell it projecting and lingering around the object you sprayed it on? I suspect the EO3 has a diffusive characteristic, and a very high probability of you going nose blind to it. This EO3 could very well behave similarly to the Borneo Zen Tibet.

Mine arrived at OH hub last Friday, took a detour to BOSTON, MA now, then it's being enroute back to OH hub again.....sigh.

Sep 9, 2020
sultan leather attar ( upgrades?) and homeros attar on ensar site

Apparently there's the same Myitkina (Burmese) oud that's in EO No 3, would be interesting to see what it does to the composition. The original was amazing and didn't actually need any improvements in my humble opinion but we'll see!

RedPillFrag

Mar 23, 2021
Here's another thing you can try to test the performance, put one spray on your shirt or hand towel, leave it in a separate room for 6 to 8hr, go check on it afterward, do you still smell it projecting and lingering around the object you sprayed it on? I suspect the EO3 has a diffusive characteristic, and a very high probability of you going nose blind to it. This EO3 could very well behave similarly to the Borneo Zen Tibet.

Mine arrived at OH hub last Friday, took a detour to BOSTON, MA now, then it's being enroute back to OH hub again.....sigh.

will try that thx

Fwilko

Jul 2, 2018
Yeah I have 2 separate orders from EO stuck on hold in the DHL system

Its a special kind of frustrating when you blind buy a $600 cologne, take a vacation day off work to sign for it, and for some inexplicable reason it hasnt moved anywhere in 48 hours

I even tried to call customer service and that got me nowhere. Do better DHL

JonoBorneo

Jan 30, 2019

Its a special kind of frustrating when you blind buy a $600 cologne, take a vacation day off work to sign for it, and for some inexplicable reason it hasnt moved anywhere in 48 hours

The best way to talk to a real human is to use the live chat feature, and just type in that you’d like to talk to a live person.

...I’m currently dealing with my own DHL problems as we speak...they haven’t been meeting their standards these last few months at all.

Diamond Joe

Feb 5, 2019
sultan leather attar ( upgrades?) and homeros attar on ensar site

Man I love me some SLA... enjoying a couple swipes of the 1st edition right now.

That new version sounds really nice, with 50+ year old Myitkyina (Burmese) Oud replacing an "assortment of different ouds" and the same Indian otto that was used in Oud Royale... I hate to drop another 3 hundo on SLA when I still have ~5 grams of the OG formula, but I might have to...

Danielwfh

Sep 3, 2021
How about the Eo3 Longevity And diffusion (sillage)?
Is it an Oud and rose perfume, or just rosy jam type?
Is it Worth the 599?
I'm a Little hesitating to purchase it!! So any help, positive or negative about it, I will appreciate it. Thanks

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020

This happens a lot. Give it some time and you’ll see it start moving again. I’ve had plenty of orders get stuck in some fulfillment center at various points throughout its journey. Unless you see that “out for delivery” message I wouldn’t NEVER take off work.

Jul 23, 2021
EO3 i would say is one of the most crowd pleasing EO perfume as of yet. To my nose, this a very rose dominant perfume. I cant detect any oud as opposed to Sultan Red Rose. Its quite bright and gives yellow vibes, it is very pleasant. The musk really does something beautiful to the roses used in this composition. IMO, its definitely worth the money, and I think the performance is quite good. I applied one spray to the chest and there was still a scent bubble 6-7 hrs later.

RedPillFrag

Mar 23, 2021
How about the Eo3 Longevity And diffusion (sillage)?
Is it an Oud and rose perfume, or just rosy jam type?
Is it Worth the 599?
I'm a Little hesitating to purchase it!! So any help, positive or negative about it, I will appreciate it. Thanks

tot worth to buy imo even if the performance might be an issue... I sprayed on shirt today as xcaliber suggested and could still smell it after 8 hours but very very lightly. on skin on me doesnt go more than 4 hours but it might improve. it is an amazing luxurius lush musk and rose accord I dont get any oud but I did just one wearing. You cant get this type of rose anywhere else. it is worthed just to experience this accord.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
I am about one hour into my first wearing of EO3 and I think it’s excellent. Ethereal, but very present. Beautiful musk and tart rose with something slightly leathery in the background. I am guessing that’s the oud. Worthy of the EO3 name.

toonces

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 1, 2020
There’s a subdued, leathery oud (SLA/EO1-esque) working in the background of EO3, but mostly rose & musk. The rose isn’t quite what I expected but no complaints - not sweet IMO but very smooth. Good stuff.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I am about one hour into my first wearing of EO3 and I think it’s excellent. Ethereal, but very present. Beautiful musk and tart rose with something slightly leathery in the background. I am guessing that’s the oud. Worthy of the EO3 name.

nice, is it more diffusive or lighter than the Borneo Zen Tibet?

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020

I'm loving this one as well. The rose is so citrusy and non-powdery that it won me over fairly quickly. Love the musk and ambergris that seem to be ever present as well. Not a powerhouse per se, but at this stage of my life I enjoy a scent bubble much more than a loud projection.

Picasso2014

Oct 26, 2020
I am wondering from those who hv access to the newer items, what product has been produced similar to SLA. I hv a couple ml of it and woukd like to find the newest, most similar iteration.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Diamond Joe

Feb 5, 2019
EO3 and I think it’s excellent. Ethereal, but very present

"Ethereal" - pretty sure thats the exact word I used to describe the newest C&P. Not really the word you want to be hearing used to describe a perfume you just paid $20/ml for...
Ethereal
adjective
extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
"Ethereal" - pretty sure thats the exact word I used to describe the newest C&P. Not really the word you want to be hearing used to describe a perfume you just paid $20/ml for...
Ethereal
adjective
extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.

2. heavenly or spiritual.
"ethereal, otherworldly visions"

After a full wearing, I stand by ethereal. The rose, musk, and oud are crisp and present, but the scent profile has a delicate character. No bells and whistles. It reminds me of the way some of my favorites from Di Ser wear. The difference being that I am writing this 12 hours after applying EO3, and the fragrance is still there and noticeable. Performance is great and the way the composition floats off the skin in thin, silky layers works for me with this one. One of the recent EO releases that is definitely worth the very high price tag in my opinion.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
How would you compare EO3 to other taif/oud fragrances like Malik Al Taif and Juriah?

Juriah is heavier and more oud forward to my nose. Taif rose does not stand out in the same way. Sultan Pasha tends to use multiple sources for rose in a lot of his compositions, along with other florals, which is probably the reason. I don't find them very similar. I love Juriah though. One of the very best Rose-Oud fragrances on the market. Malik Al Taif is the first thing that I thought of when I sprayed EO3. It is the lemony taif profile they share. I think the similarities stop there for me. Malik Al Taif is rougher around the edges. The musk Russian Adam uses in particular has a more intense leathery feel to it. The oud is much more prominent to my nose as well. The taif in EO3 smells much better to me. It also isn't overpowered by any other component. Malik Al Taif, like Juriah, is more of a Rose-Oud fragrance. To me, EO3 is a rose fragrance with musk and oud as a compliment. I guess I could also call it a Rose-Musk fragrance before I would consider it a Rose-Oud. I think Malik Al Taif is a fine fragrance, but not one I wanted to come back to often when I owned it. I prefer EO3 by a lot.

Note: this is all after wearing EO3 once. I love Juriah and wear it often enough. I haven't worn Malik Al Taif in over a year.

Balushi

Apr 19, 2020
Juriah is heavier and more oud forward to my nose. Taif rose does not stand out in the same way. Sultan Pasha tends to use multiple sources for rose in a lot of his compositions, along with other florals, which is probably the reason. I don't find them very similar. I love Juriah though. One of the very best Rose-Oud fragrances on the market. Malik Al Taif is the first thing that I thought of when I sprayed EO3. It is the lemony taif profile they share. I think the similarities stop there for me. Malik Al Taif is rougher around the edges. The musk Russian Adam uses in particular has a more intense leathery feel to it. The oud is much more prominent to my nose as well. The taif in EO3 smells much better to me. It also isn't overpowered by any other component. Malik Al Taif, like Juriah, is more of a Rose-Oud fragrance. To me, EO3 is a rose fragrance with musk and oud as a compliment. I guess I could also call it a Rose-Musk fragrance before I would consider it a Rose-Oud. I think Malik Al Taif is a fine fragrance, but not one I wanted to come back to often when I owned it. I prefer EO3 by a lot.

Note: this is all after wearing EO3 once. I love Juriah and wear it often enough. I haven't worn Malik Al Taif in over a year.

Thank you! this was really helpful.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020

Thanks for this review. I wasn’t too keen on MaT because of the vanilla/plasticky amber in the base and I felt like the Rose itself was “nice” but not breathtaking. Knowing Eo3 is in a similar olfactive ballpark is great because I love a true Rose forward fragrance. Especially Taif Rose. So far Sunset in Ceylon by Jinko Store has the best true Taif note I’ve smelled so it’ll be interesting to see how Eo3’s Taif compares.

JonoBorneo

Jan 30, 2019
Lots of folks wanted a way to sample Purple Rain before taking the full plunge....here’s your chance. We’ll let the smell do the talking ;).

RedPillFrag

Mar 23, 2021
Do any of you remember if the leather pouch for the 50ml EO2 PP was coming with the 1st and second edition too or only for the 1st?

Also what were the differencies between the 2 editions?

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Do any of you remember if the leather pouch for the 50ml EO2 PP was coming with the 1st and second edition too or only for the 1st?

Also what were the differencies between the 2 editions?

Leather pouch came with the original 2018 50ml EO2 PP and EDP (leather sleeve with bottom cutout), the majority of the 2020 EO2 2.0 releases came with round stickers for both PP and EDP, 2021 EO2 Kashmir (this is the latest 3rd release) came with gold plate. I did a brief comparison between all three batches few pages back here: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/476013-All-Things-Ensar-Oud?p=5507218&viewfull=1#post5507218

Latest News