All Things Ensar Oud

AnyEmerald

Sep 18, 2017
..I think his point was to talk to him about your concerns; rather than bash the fragrances without first smelling them or hearing what he has to say about their formulations. In the case of Monsieur Oud, the vetiver-bashing was unwarranted in Ensar’s eyes because the dose of vetiver in each iteration is exactly the same.

Hmmm not sure why I need to bring it up with Ensar. This is a place for sharing reviews, thoughts and feelings on fragrances which is what I have done.

MO Has the same write up on the EO site for the attar as for the Parfum. It doesn’t mention Vetiver…. There is zero Vetiver noticeable in the attar but there is an oud note that lasts on skin from start to finish and the next morning. In the new perfume there is vetiver and zero oud note to my nose. This is not what was advertised or expected. This is my honest opinion and this is a forum for the exchange of opinions regarding Ensar Oud products and I choose to converse here. I gave my honest opinion and it stands. Hope it helps some people decide whether it is for them or not.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
The biggest issue I have so far is that there isn't any way to sample any of the new releases, had he made samples available, a lot of us could have avoided blind buying something that cost at least $599 minimum, then when the product completely fell off the cliff and did not match the description, we felt being duped and misled, it almost seems like a bait-and-switch scam. We can't return any of this stuff, so selling them at a loss cost is our only option. If the replacement of the ingredients is not too far off from the OG, I wouldn't have any issue with it. The problem with something like the new Thai Tabac, it is a radical change, not even close to the OG imho, the overall scent profile is just extremely off-putting to a lot of us.

I didn't get a chance to smell the new Monsieur Oud, but based on the few feedbacks so far, I wouldn't want to sample it either. Especially when he is using the same vetiver here, there's zero chance I would ever get anywhere close to it, i wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. No Sir, this Vetiver smell like garbage, if he continues to use this crap in any other releases, I'll automatically cross them off the list and avoid them at all cost. I would much rather wear synthetic designers all day every single day than having this foul-smelling Vetiver crap anywhere near me.

JonoBorneo

Jan 30, 2019
I didn't get a chance to smell the new Monsieur Oud, but based on the few feedbacks so far, I wouldn't want to sample it either. Especially when he is using the same vetiver here, there's zero chance I would ever get anywhere close to it, i wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. No Sir, this Vetiver smell like garbage, if he continues to use this crap in any other releases, I'll automatically cross them off the list and avoid them at all cost.

He didn’t use the same vetiver that’s in TT. What you’re referring to is a Traditional Indian style distillation. That is not what was out in Monsieur Oud...what was put in is the exact same variety, dosage and amount as in the previous iteration. The noticeable green note in Monsieur Oud is most likely Sri Lankan Oud, and while it’s totally acceptable to criticize that aspect of Monsieur Oud, misleading people, and feeding off of an anger towards vetiver perpetuates misunderstanding and misinformation. The green note in MO shares more similarity with Chypre Sultan than it does with Thai Tabac.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
He didn’t use the same vetiver that’s in TT. What you’re referring to is a Traditional Indian style distillation. That is not what was out in Monsieur Oud...what was put in is the exact same variety, dosage and amount as in the previous iteration. The noticeable green note in Monsieur Oud is most likely Sri Lankan Oud, and while it’s totally acceptable to criticize that aspect of Monsieur Oud, misleading people, and feeding off of an anger towards vetiver perpetuates misunderstanding and misinformation. The green note in MO shares more similarity with Chypre Sultan than it does with Thai Tabac.

The only thing that is misleading here is Ensar's business practice, polishing up some fancy descriptions, using the old reviews meant for the OG release, group them together with new releases that do not smell the same, then set an expectation for people to disappoint, while he's at it...jacked up the price in the process and expect everyone to kiss his hands and his feet on every single release, come on now!!! Looking at both past and present releases, only a very few of them would have some basic note breakdown, while the majority of the releases are being presented with poetry and fairy-tale-like description, that my friend, is lack of transparency and is designed and aimed to mislead and misinform. I'm just going to say it....There a certain level of transparency and honesty that is sorely lacking in his business practice, even borderline shady.

You're on Ensar's payroll and the spokesperson for the Semi-B project, understandably so that you'll try everything to defend the brand. But know this, it would also make you aiding and abetting to whatever malpractice and shady shit that he is doing, when you tried to turn the table around and accused us of mislead and misinform because 1)we didn't like the Vetiver or the composition as a whole, 2)we didn't drink the Ensar's Kool-aid, and 3) we weren't afraid to give honest feedback on this forum, well....that shit just ain't gonna fly. Would I still continue to buy from EO? of course, he does has a lot of great releases, and I'm willing to suck it up and pay the prices on some of the releases he charged for it. One quick look at the shit show in FB it isn't hard to see a lot of those fanboys are drinking the Ensar's Kool-aid, almost seems like they are afraid to criticize any of his crappy releases to avoid being kicked out of the fan group. I must have spent at least $10K on EO products between August and September alone, but make no mistake, I ain't drinking that Ensar's Koolaid, my feedback is going to be exactly my thoughts and views of the shit that I'm buying.

..I think his point was to talk to him about your concerns; rather than bash the fragrances without first smelling them or hearing what he has to say about their formulations. In the case of Monsieur Oud, the vetiver-bashing was unwarranted in Ensar’s eyes because the dose of vetiver in each iteration is exactly the same.

Did Ensar ever wonder why people bashed the Vetiver or any other ingredients AFTER smelling and owning the fragrances? 1 complaint, would have been an isolated incident, 2 to 3 complaints...ok maybe it's just a coincidence, when you got more than 5 people are not pleased with the stuff they paid big bucks for, and didn't write a glowing review to the crap that they're trying to unload in a hurry, what does that tell you? maybe that ought to be worth going back to re-examine the formula and see why so many people didn't like that shit? It's a simple law of action-reaction in the case of the latest batch of new Monsieur Oud, when you were a kid and played with fire and get burnt, wouldn't seeing fire again made you recoil and try to stay away from it next time??

mustardsalad

Jan 27, 2016
Ensar seems to be hyperfocusing on criticisms that talk about switching out different ingredients, or different ingredient sources. But what if someone just said, "Hey, I liked the original Thai Tabac, but I hate how the new one smells." Would he spin that to argue the person is claiming something they didn't?

AnyEmerald

Sep 18, 2017

I think we here can all tell the difference between Vetiver and oud? In both smell and expense. Opinions may vary but are hardly misinfo or anger and mine is that there is FA discernible oud in MO. Or in any other reviews of it I have seen. Someone mentioned a vague slightly minty green note in the dry down that they thought was the oud but I know what that is…

Glad I didn’t buy Chypre Sultan at least.

98ViperGTS

Feb 10, 2012
I don't have a facebook account but I was told that there are a lot of really positive reviews of EO3 on there. Is that so? What are they saying?

Here's what somebody on the Ensar page said about it after about 3 hours of wear;

"Okay so I try to put in words, what I got so far. If this perfume is anything NOT, then it’s sharp, green or edgy. It’s the smoothest, freshest, most jammy rose I have ever smelled. Ever drop of bitterness seems to be pulled out of it to make it as pure as possible. The „trifecta of musk“ as Adam called it in his mail is adding the creaminess. It’s not as animalic as I thought it would be. More like the musk-part in „NFU“ Sweet, creamy and slightly sparkling. The Taif‘i has these citrusy, slightly mentholated nuances, which perfectly balance out the sweetness of the composition and the Oud adds a fine woody quality deep in the base. It’s literally the most luxurious smell, I have ever smelled. This is what I get so far, but I will be doing a full review as soon, as I can. ����"

On a different note, and because of all the drama surrounding Thai Tabac and MO now, I've decided to wear Thai Tabac again today. It really is stunning. It's slowly creeping its way up to be my No 1, ahead of EO1 Assam (no pun intended) . Can't wait to wear it on a nice crisp fall day

toonces

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 1, 2020
”…If this perfume is anything NOT, then it’s sharp, green or edgy. It’s the smoothest, freshest, most jammy rose I have ever smelled. Ever drop of bitterness seems to be pulled out of it to make it as pure as possible. The „trifecta of musk“ as Adam called it in his mail is adding the creaminess. It’s not as animalic as I thought it would be. More like the musk-part in „NFU“ Sweet, creamy and slightly sparkling. The Taif‘i has these citrusy, slightly mentholated nuances…"

I don’t use FB, so thanks for sharing this here. EO3 sounds really good.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I don't have a facebook account but I was told that there are a lot of really positive reviews of EO3 on there. Is that so? What are they saying?

EVERYTHING they reviewed on Facebook are out of this world's great, all high praises, they even held a contest to pick a winner every month to see who got the best reviews there, they promote positive reviews and there's an incentive of give-away freebies in doing so, some of the stuff they praised about almost seem artificially inflated and sugar-coated. I honestly have not come across a single negative review over there, not one... lol You really wouldn't know till you got your nose on the stuff, I am excited and looking forward to get mine for sure, it's in OH hub now, hopefully I'll get it this weekend if not by Monday.

avo1811

Dec 6, 2018
Textbook Sri Lankan Walla Patta oils tend to have green, “minty” drydowns. That’s precisely what’s used in Monsieur Oud.

Yeah I agree with this. I just went and tried it again after reading all the stuff about MO and vetiver and I really dont think that sharp green minty note is vetiver.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Haha we won’t know how it really is until Xcal does a report on it :)

That's not what I meant!! lol It's why I said to get your nose on it. A lot of the stuff that doesn't suit me is being loved by many, and a lot of other stuff that seems uninteresting to others, is an absolute stunner to me, taste is subjective. But at least you know I'm not one to kiss nobody's ass, and I'll speak my mind.

Speaking negatively about that lame-ass new Thai Tabac while I'm holding a bottle trying to sell it in the used market is financial suicide, oh yea i expected the blowback long before I continues to voice my strong dislike about it, but I'm not one to sugarcoat some steamy pile of dog shit to misrepresent it and pawn it off as 5-star meal so people would buy it in used market. No Sir.

Yeah I agree with this. I just went and tried it again after reading all the stuff about MO and vetiver and I really dont think that sharp green minty note is vetiver.

wild Irian and Sri Lankan oud from the Chypre Sultan smells great, they're very fresh, relaxing, almost sedative to me, with that pronounced minty green notes. If the latest Monsieur Oud smells like that, then it should be a pleasant scent. The Original Monsieur Oud is a very pretty scent, just not my style, there isn't a single repulsive note from it, and the Vetiver wasn't that pronounced or pungent from the OG either.

Last edited:

98ViperGTS

Feb 10, 2012
EVERYTHING they reviewed on Facebook are out of this world's great, all high praises, they even held a contest to pick a winner every month to see who got the best reviews there, they promote positive reviews and there's an incentive of give-away freebies in doing so, some of the stuff they praised about almost seem artificially inflated and sugar-coated. I honestly have not come across a single negative review over there, not one... lol You really wouldn't know till you got you.

Well, to be fair, it is called "Fans" of Ensar Oud. Not, "OMG, I hate Thai Tabac Ensar Oud" page

Paddington

Jun 17, 2021
there's a difference between fan and fanboy, when you surround your self with people who say you can do no wrong any criticism despite being valid comes across as a personal attack,

Diamond Joe

Feb 5, 2019
On the topic of formulations by EO that don’t smell like the original releases, I received and wore for the first time the new C&P. It smells more like Santal Sultan than the C&P I remember, but it is magnificent stuff. Really loving it. A+

One spray to the chest = solid performance. I see some mixed reports regarding performance on this one. Maybe less is more with this one.

Hmm. You might be on to something there. I went with one spray this morning, and I actually enjoyed it for the first time since I got the decant. Less IS more with C&P tonkin!!

(It still has 0 projection - nobody else can smell it - but at least *I* can smell it finally!)

besimistic

Sep 19, 2021
The streets lead only to one place...Jeremy Fragrance (astaghfirullah). Thank the Almighty (swt) you were spared from such an ignoble fate...

🤣🤣🤣

So many have left the streets for jail and we write to them and visit.

Many have died on the streets and we mourn them and visit their graves.

Those that were pulled to JP …*we can't visit or mourn …*we do nothing but pray for their guidance …*at a distance.

besimistic

Sep 19, 2021
The streets lead only to one place...Jeremy Fragrance (astaghfirullah). Thank the Almighty (swt) you were spared from such an ignoble fate...

🤣🤣🤣

Those that were pulled to JP …*we can't visit or mourn …*we do nothing but pray for their guidance …*at a distance.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Might as well be called Cult of Ensar Oud if you can’t have any sort of dissenting opinion.

I’ve had plenty disagreements with Ensar. I just think there’s a difference between constructive critique and being an asshole about something. I know I was mostly an asshole about things and heck I still kind of am but it’s been an eye opening journey. It’s kind of like looking at a Rothko painting and saying “this looks like shit what a fucking scam! Why would I pay that price for a stupid fucking Orange square on a canvas! My two year old can paint better than that bullshit gross!” Verse saying “well I enjoy the Rothko created feelings of warmth and vibrancy which evokes a certain kind of emotion when standing in front of said canvas however the price isn’t something I’m comfortable with paying because I prefer a different kind of art altogether and one less subjective and maybe more objective”.

One is constructive and one is being an asshole. Lots of folks offer constructive criticism but being an asshole gets shot down. At least that’s what I’ve seen being in the group.

Sultan al Hindi

Feb 5, 2020
EVERYTHING they reviewed on Facebook are out of this world's great, all high praises, they even held a contest to pick a winner every month to see who got the best reviews there, they promote positive reviews and there's an incentive of give-away freebies in doing so, some of the stuff they praised about almost seem artificially inflated and sugar-coated. I honestly have not come across a single negative review over there, not one... lol You really wouldn't know till you got your nose on the stuff, I am excited and looking forward to get mine for sure, it's in OH hub now, hopefully I'll get it this weekend if not by Monday.

+1 to this.

Too many sycophants in that group for me to properly discern between an honest review and one that is trying to gain favour with Ensar in order to get some freebie or gain entry into his circle of 'sidi' bros.

Every month there seems to be a newbie to Oud and Musk, who writes about his products with more hyperbole than the man himself lol.Soon enough (like many before them), they slowly wither away into the ether upon realisation that it is not the be all and end all of perfumery, and that better value for money can be found elsewhere.

Sigh..''those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it'' as a wise old man once said!

Sultan al Hindi

Feb 5, 2020
������

wah wah! Some shaa'ir we have here :laugh:

Paddington

Jun 17, 2021
+1 to this.

Too many sycophants in that group for me to properly discern between an honest review and one that is trying to gain favour with Ensar in order to get some freebie or gain entry into his circle of 'sidi' bros.

Every month there seems to be a newbie to Oud and Musk, who writes about his products with more hyperbole than the man himself lol.Soon enough (like many before them), they slowly wither away into the ether upon realisation that it is not the be all and end all of perfumery, and that there is much better value for money to be found elsewhere.

Sigh..''those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it'' as a wise old man once said!

the only way you can tell if somethings isn't good in the group is people not talking about it cause for sure they aint going to say anything bad or say they dislike something in the group

Sultan al Hindi

Feb 5, 2020
the only way you can tell if somethings isn't good in the group is people not talking about it cause for sure they aint going to say anything bad or say they dislike something in the group

Which is a shame really, as I joined the page for that precise reason (to hear the good and the bad).

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to praise every release to high heaven!

98ViperGTS

Feb 10, 2012

I assume that's what this thread is for. Hardly any reason to clog up the man's facebook fan page with hate, when there are other outlets for reviews

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
You can't really pay attention to the Facebook group discussion or you'll go mad with all the shills in there lol

I use it as a guide to keep up with current happenings. I don't really care for reviews so it works for me.

911LambMelb

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I'm in the Facebook group and there are some really nice people and genuine collectors in there.

Agree that some of the reviews are annoying and unnecessarily wordy with not much talk about the fragrance and more talk about "feelings, memories, sounds etc". I don't even read them anymore because they're complete and utter nonsense.

But there is knowledge and insight to be had there from the EO team. Such as information about upcoming releases, his explanation about the vetiver etc. There are also some really succinct and insightful reviews from time to time.

RedPillFrag

Mar 23, 2021
EO3 Just arrived, first impressions are really positive the rose is dominant but it is a very elegant sweet jammy rose supported by the musk and ambergris in a delicate way, very classy. The opening is similar to EO1 Assam but lasts for few seconds than the rose takes the stage. It is not an aggressive or too sweet rose but very smooth with rose jam hints.
I am just reacquiring my sense of smell after a cold so its not 100% but couldnt resist spraying it. Will give further impressions when I have it 100% back. Also for the performance and longevity.
The pouch is purple leather very sturdy and rigid. top notch too. The box is the old one I believe the smaller one that only encapsulate the bottle not the larger ones with the lid.

One Hour in The rose became more jammy with hints of green rose around it.

Unfortunately performance seems shitty on this one too... skin scent after 2.5 hours.....

will try it again in a week.

Last edited:

toonces

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 1, 2020
The opening is similar to EO1 Assam but lasts for few seconds than the rose takes the stage. It is not an aggressive or too sweet rose but very smooth with rose jam hints.

What's your opinion of that opening? When I sampled EO1 Assam, I found the initial blast off-putting but extremely short-lived . Also, any lemon at all from the Ta'if rose? Based on the copy on the website, I would have expected a somewhat brighter, greener rose but it sounds like the rose leans sweet and jammy.

RedPillFrag

Mar 23, 2021
What's your opinion of that opening? When I sampled EO1 Assam, I found the initial blast off-putting but extremely short-lived . Also, any lemon at all from the Ta'if rose? Based on the copy on the website, I would have expected a somewhat brighter, greener rose but it sounds like the rose leans sweet and jammy.

I didnt get any lemon this time maybe slightly on the opening but that was very short lived. the sweet jammy rose is not off putting sweet is smoothed by the green aspect that is very light though. It is a very beautiful rose scent but unfortunately it seems short lived.

I really like the EO1 Assam opening but here its just an hint of it and it lasts for maybe 2 or 3 seconds.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
EO3 Just arrived, first impressions are really positive the rose is dominant but it is a very elegant sweet jammy rose supported by the musk and ambergris in a delicate way, very classy. The opening is similar to EO1 Assam but lasts for few seconds than the rose takes the stage. It is not an aggressive or too sweet rose but very smooth with rose jam hints.
I am just reacquiring my sense of smell after a cold so its not 100% but couldnt resist spraying it. Will give further impressions when I have it 100% back. Also for the performance and longevity.
The pouch is purple leather very sturdy and rigid. top notch too. The box is the old one I believe the smaller one that only encapsulate the bottle not the larger ones with the lid.

One Hour in The rose became more jammy with hints of green rose around it.

Unfortunately performance seems shitty on this one too... skin scent after 2.5 hours.....

will try it again in a week.

Did you get any spices? I heard the Oud isn't very pronounced, mostly the rose and musk right?

I wonder if the performance would get better, I mean all ALD stuff do, hopefully it would as well in few weeks.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Someone did a comparison of the EO3 and Sultan Red Rose side by side. According to the reviewer, the EO3 drydown feels like 40% rose, 30% musk, 20% ambergris, and %10 oud. As far as comparing it to EO Red or Sultan Red Rose Attar: In the drydown, the jammy feel is very similar to those two, along with the very slight undertone of a rich oud. It is different from those two however as the Taifi Rose has a more luscious feel and the fragrance is more fresh/spicy.

Based on other feedback, the rose from EO3 isn't powdery, it's more citrusy similar to the SRR

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Got a question for those with more experience with roses extract, do they generally have good longevity? or is it quite volatile like citrus notes?

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Got a question for those with more experience with roses extract, do they generally have good longevity? or is it quite volatile like citrus notes?

Roses are long lasting, and usually with good diffusion as well. Rose de mai is very diffusive for example, but i have zero experience with taif though.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Got my bottle in today. All rose, musk and ambegris at the top for me thus far (30-minutes in).

And totally agree with what Xcaliber posted, this is a very “citrusy”, not powdery at all kind of rose. Very early into this one, but I quite like it.

edit: This seems like it will be a scent bubble type of fragrance. Doesn’t pop much off the skin.

Latest News