All Things Ensar Oud

Cheetah1919

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 16, 2016
I feel like EVERY time a read a description, I’m being told that I’m ”basically” getting something or part for free, or the price is so great, its unimaginative that they’re even selling it! If EO would just calm down the hype and descriptions, I’d actually feel better about doing a second mortgage to buy more, because the overhype scares me like an infomercial! I feel like 99% of people who are buying this stuff from the big boys know enough about quality, which makes the magical fairyland tales just unnecessary. Details fine, but the creepy salesman pitch, please no.

DearMusk

Basenotes Member
Sep 9, 2020
I feel like EVERY time a read a description, I’m being told that I’m ”basically” getting something or part for free, or the price is so great, its unimaginative that they’re even selling it! If EO would just calm down the hype and descriptions, I’d actually feel better about doing a second mortgage to buy more, because the overhype scares me like an infomercial! I feel like 99% of people who are buying this stuff from the big boys know enough about quality, which makes the magical fairyland tales just unnecessary. Details fine, but the creepy salesman pitch, please no.
Have to agree.
I used to enjoy being 'sold' to because I genuinely liked reading these highly descriptive texts but after a few years they do get tiresome.
That much text and then not even a note breakdown, cmon..

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013

Have to agree.
I used to enjoy being 'sold' to because I genuinely liked reading these highly descriptive texts but after a few years they do get tiresome.
That much text and then not even a note breakdown, cmon..
meh, I'm pretty much unmoved by all marketing hype, no matter whose, no matter what product. In the present culture, it comes at you 24/7 from all directions. You have to tune it out.

I do agree about the notes list. Always helpful when supplied, I wish they did so more consistently.

Cheetah1919

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 16, 2016
meh, I'm pretty much unmoved by all marketing hype, no matter whose, no matter what product. In the present culture, it comes at you 24/7 from all directions. You have to tune it out.

I do agree about the notes list. Always helpful when supplied, I wish they did so more consistently.
Ehhh, there’s plenty of really good advertising and marketing that I’ve seen when you’re aware to pay enough attention, it’s just usually in my experience at least that things that are pushed as “nothing can touch this, too good” …..often doesn’t live up to it. I like level of hype, to be around the level of the product. I realize some people like it, and I don’t think EO is doing it to be deceitful or anything, or trick us…..just too much infomercial like to me.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
When you've been around EO long enough, you'll learn quickly to rely on your own nose to be the ultimate judge and ignore everything else, there's no amount of description, hype, or rave reviews are going to EVER, EVER, EVER.....convince me whenever my nose doesn't agree with a certain composition, rarest ingredients on earth doesn't mean a thing when the smell doesn't suit me. The same goes for ALD, D&Z, Agar Aura or any other perfume house, just trust your nose, and take everything else as a grain of salt, if something smells good to you after trying out a decant, then you'll be the judge whether you are willing to pay the price they're asking for, or not.

Personally, $1500/50ml ($30 per ml) is where I draw the red line and where i capped it off permanently. $1500 for 30ml ($50 per ml) automatically gets written off by me, I don't give a flying donkey ass how rare or how good they smell, even if this new Oud Royale smells 50 times better than oud Sultani Terengganu and Irish Ghalia 3, I really don't care, NOPE, just hell no. I'll let other millionaires have at it, more for them!! lol I vowed to never ever cross that line again, the minute I saw the price of the latest Oud Royale PP, I didn't even bother to read the description, simply clicked away from the page with absolutely zero urge or temptation to even try a sample or decant. If there's a free sample available sure I'll get my nose on it, but I won't pay a dime for a decant, releases like this automatically get a hard pass from me.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
When you've been around EO long enough, you'll learn quickly to rely on your own nose to be the ultimate judge and ignore everything else, there's no amount of description, hype, or rave reviews are going to EVER, EVER, EVER.....convince me whenever my nose doesn't agree with a certain composition, rarest ingredients on earth doesn't mean a thing when the smell doesn't suit me. The same goes for ALD, D&Z, Agar Aura or any other perfume house, just trust your nose, and take everything else as a grain of salt, if something smells good to you after trying out a decant, then you'll be the judge whether you are willing to pay the price they're asking for, or not.

Personally, $1500/50ml ($30 per ml) is where I draw the red line and where i capped it off permanently. $1500 for 30ml ($50 per ml) automatically gets written off by me, I don't give a flying donkey ass how rare or how good they smell, even if this new Oud Royale smells 50 times better than oud Sultani Terengganu and Irish Ghalia 3, I really don't care, NOPE, just hell no. I'll let other millionaires have at it, more for them!! lol I vowed to never ever cross that line again, the minute I saw the price of the latest Oud Royale PP, I didn't even bother to read the description, simply clicked away from the page with absolutely zero urge or temptation to even try a sample or decant. If there's a free sample available sure I'll get my nose on it, but I won't pay a dime for a decant, releases like this automatically get a hard pass from me.
Same goes for every fragrance really. If you don't like the smell of it, then why bother to pay any amount of money for it. Conversely, if you love the smell of it, then many of us on here will pay ridiculous amounts of money for it if we have it. And some of us may even pay ridiculous amounts of money for something we love even if we don't have the money, which is true lunacy, but here we are...LOL...

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
And some of us may even pay ridiculous amounts of money for something we love even if we don't have the money, which is true lunacy, but here we are...LOL...

no way, not for me, have to set the limit somewhere, I've already bulldozed the dog gone rabbit hole. Any fragrance with an absurd amount of expensive ingredients being sold at an absurd amount of money requires me to have an even more absurd amount of restraint. Not only am I not being tempted by super expensive releases like that, they've actually turned me off and pushed me further away from this ludicrous hobby.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
no way, not for me, have to set the limit somewhere, I've already bulldozed the dog gone rabbit hole. Any fragrance with an absurd amount of expensive ingredients being sold at an absurd amount of money requires me to have an even more absurd amount of restraint. Not only am I not being tempted by super expensive releases like that, they've actually turned me off and pushed me further away from this ludicrous hobby.
I haven’t arrived at the place where I can bull doze the rabbit hole yet, but great job on getting there. I know I will one day.(y)

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
Ehhh, there’s plenty of really good advertising and marketing that I’ve seen when you’re aware to pay enough attention, it’s just usually in my experience at least that things that are pushed as “nothing can touch this, too good” …..often doesn’t live up to it. I like level of hype, to be around the level of the product. I realize some people like it, and I don’t think EO is doing it to be deceitful or anything, or trick us…..just too much infomercial like to me.
Are there any EO's that match the hype in your experience?

I've seen a lot of praise for OST lately, is it really that good? Are there any perfumes it compares to whether it be from EO or from another brand?

Cheetah1919

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 16, 2016

I've seen a lot of praise for OST lately, is it really that good? Are there any perfumes it compares to whether it be from EO or from another brand?
Well, I’ve only tried about 10-12, but I think Tibetan Musk is probably the one that is worth the heavy money to me. I wish I could get a chance to try Homeros, cuz I think that may be another. Haven’t tried OST though

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
Yes it’s terrific! It is a dark syrupy, molasses like oud framed by Iris roses, vanilla and Castorium. I would put purple rain in the same broad category, being oud and Iris dominant, but the two scents are quite different

FERA, his civet+Tonkin musk+tripura oud number is another recent one that I think is fantastic. Hope that’s not too much hype! Strifeknot is splitting both.

It’s a shame that Ensars prices have reached the level that they have reached. Especially in the current economy. That is the primary reason, I suspect, that there is so little positive commentary on this thread about any of the recent releases many of which are worthwhile, price aside. And I haven’t tried all or even most.

Mar 23, 2021
Well, I’ve only tried about 10-12, but I think Tibetan Musk is probably the one that is worth the heavy money to me. I wish I could get a chance to try Homeros, cuz I think that may be another. Haven’t tried OST though
Homeros Ambre might even be better than the original if you have the chance try that one too.

Mar 23, 2021

eo1 all iterations, iris ghalia all iterations, tibetan musk, eo2 apart from the tibet watered down version, homeros, homeros ambre, Purple rain attar..didnt try the perfume version, SLA attar that is eo1 assam in attar form currently, tibetan musk Ghalia attar, Musk Gardenia attar didnt try the perfume but they say its very good too, C&P 1 and 2 N2 has expectional Jasmine and musk combo, Tonkin musk, Private Blend...the king of musks the first version didnt try trifecta, Eo3 jammy taif rose and musk combo... a bit short lived but still worth the money imo.. check his vetivers pure oils too "cheap" and very good and long lasting too I have brasiliano and is a very good and long lasting vetiver it is a perfume on its own.

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
eo1 all iterations, iris ghalia all iterations, tibetan musk, eo2 apart from the tibet watered down version, homeros, homeros ambre, Purple rain attar..didnt try the perfume version, SLA attar that is eo1 assam in attar form currently, tibetan musk Ghalia attar, Musk Gardenia attar didnt try the perfume but they say its very good too, C&P 1 and 2 N2 has expectional Jasmine and musk combo, Tonkin musk, Private Blend...the king of musks the first version didnt try trifecta, Eo3 jammy taif rose and musk combo... a bit short lived but still worth the money imo.. check his vetivers pure oils too "cheap" and very good and long lasting too I have brasiliano and is a very good and long lasting vetiver it is a perfume on its own.
You dont like 2 items man , almost no criticism. You like everything

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
I thought they ran out of the SQ stuff.
200.gif

Tigs7

Jan 8, 2021
a $1K perfume is still a $1K perfume, regardless of 0.1g or 10g of KR that went into it. Still doesn't change the fact that someone is going to have to shell out 10 crispy Benjamins to get a bottle of perfume. 😅

Okay. I can’t take it any more.

I know I’ve been away for a minute but… who are you and what have you done with EOmoneybags aka xcaliber6685.

Is anybody else concerned? Or is it just me? Did somebody get bodysnatched while I was gone?

bl00drunzcold

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 24, 2018
I know I’ve been away for a minute but… who are you and what have you done with EOmoneybags aka xcaliber6685.

Is anybody else concerned? Or is it just me? Did somebody get bodysnatched while I was gone?
He had a tiff with Ensar and his fans on Facebook, then sold a bunch of bottles and decided he was going to spend his money and time on his other hobby cigars. That’s the lore.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...