All Things Ensar Oud

FragSyndrome

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2016
Now that I can smell again my animalics tolerance has been reset. This is literally pure musk.
Remember when you were at the park wearing Oqachol and some family down the path made some putrid smell remark, got up and left? Yea, let’s give that one another try and see if your perception of it has changed :)

annan0480

May 17, 2022
Wearing Iris Noir Attar today. Now that I can smell again my animalics tolerance has been reset. This is literally pure musk. Like it’s not even funny how strong the musk note is. I can’t believe I used to swipe musk centric attars on myself with zero regard for others around me hahah.

Once the musk settles this thing is just fricken beautiful. I also realized Iris Noir is the framework for Crime and Punishment but with slightly altered top notes. The drydown is almost identical though. Pretty awesome if I
Wearing Iris Noir Attar today. Now that I can smell again my animalics tolerance has been reset. This is literally pure musk. Like it’s not even funny how strong the musk note is. I can’t believe I used to swipe musk centric attars on myself with zero regard for others around me hahah.

Once the musk settles this thing is just fricken beautiful. I also realized Iris Noir is the framework for Crime and Punishment but with slightly altered top notes. The drydown is almost identical though. Pretty awesome if I say so myself.
Do you have any opinions on Iris Nois edp? I’m sure the attar is a banger but I haven’t made the jump to attars yet.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
Remember when you were at the park wearing Oqachol and some family down the path made some putrid smell remark, got up and left? Yea, let’s give that one another try and see if your perception of it has changed :)
Oh it’s too animalic at the moment. Keep in mind that story wasn’t about ME being repulsed but rather repulsing others around me.

But yeah rahassani, Oqachol, and Onthamara are unwearable at the moment. My animalics tolerance is gone. This stuff smells pretty rough.

FragSyndrome

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2016
Oh it’s too animalic at the moment. Keep in mind that story wasn’t about ME being repulsed but rather repulsing others around me.

But yeah rahassani, Oqachol, and Onthamara are unwearable at the moment. My animalics tolerance is gone. This stuff smells pretty rough.
Haha, I’ve been been wearing 2 sprays of Rahassanai to work and I love it! I’ve asked my coworkers to make sure it wasn’t inappropriate and they said it was fine. They actually really like it.

Last edited:

In Amber

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 12, 2019
Is there any feedback on Fera? I've not heard too much on this one and have been thinking about it as it seems like it might be kind of interesting and different in direction .

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
I have in my cart sultan red rose parfum still not sure about buying it is it really that good?
SRR is one of my all time favorite fragrances, might be my top EO alongside EO1 and Musc Gardenia. Rose/Oud done right.

I do love oud/rose perfumes, a lot more than I normally see in the forums. While some people feel that the combination has been overkilled by now, SRR just shows a different type of elegance and opulence when worn. The sandalwood and ambergris gives it so much dimension. If you want to feel like you're wearing the BEST fragrance in the world, this is the one IMHO.

I have most of the EO rose centric scents, and SRR/MPSQ are my two most worn. I have been saving up to grab a spray of MPSQ.

Go for it :p

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Thank you :)
On SRR - is it a dark or bright scent? Somewhere towards aoud by roja, or ward by al shareef?
That's a very nice question. SRR leans more towards Ward IMO.

You will get a very jammy rose + musk. The rose is on the sweeter side, and very bright up top, but the darker components help alleviate that a lot after the opening. It ends up being a darker rose after a while. The Malaysian Oud has also gotten so much stronger, and plays well with the ambergris. It is a very enjoyable ride. Due to the cost, I tend to use 2-3 sprays once every few weeks - but I'd love to wear this more to see how it continues evolving. The base has even more fruits, man. It really is a wild ride. It's rare for me to experience fruity undertones in the base, but SRR does just that.

I feel SRR and JA are the two most mass appealing scents from EO, but SRR could easily be a special event kind of fragrance.

PS. A full 15ml SRR was just posted for $500 on The Oud and Attar Exchange (Facebook).

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
That's a very nice question. SRR leans more towards Ward IMO.

You will get a very jammy rose + musk. The rose is on the sweeter side, and very bright up top, but the darker components help alleviate that a lot after the opening. It ends up being a darker rose after a while. The Malaysian Oud has also gotten so much stronger, and plays well with the ambergris. It is a very enjoyable ride. Due to the cost, I tend to use 2-3 sprays once every few weeks - but I'd love to wear this more to see how it continues evolving. The base has even more fruits, man. It really is a wild ride. It's rare for me to experience fruity undertones in the base, but SRR does just that.

I feel SRR and JA are the two most mass appealing scents from EO, but SRR could easily be a special event kind of fragrance.

PS. A full 15ml SRR was just posted for $500 on The Oud and Attar Exchange (Facebook).
I'm crazy about EO3 and am well stocked. Is SRR different enough to justify both?

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
They are completely different imo. SRR is darker, spicy, jammy and more elegant. EO3 to me is citrusy and more bright. I use it as a daily wear.

Totally different rose profiles like Rick said.

If you have the means go for it, it’s an awesome addition if you love rose.
TY both. I will definitely try it.
That facebook OAX listing, can't find it, maybe already sold

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Thank you for your description :)
I have been enjoying his Chinese exclusive quite a bit. Something about it just keeps me comming back. Maybe one day i can get a bottle of it
I recently nabbed a nice partial and wore it tonight. That opening is very fizzy! Very nice citrus, although it kinda sits close to the skin.

Longevity was great, mostly sandalwood at this point of the night.

Singularious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 16, 2018
What would you say some of the other mass general “likes” are from Ensar? Thanks
That's the one. Lol.

When I first got introduced to his work I was recommended SLA and Thai Tabac.

I love the latter as well. But beyond that and other than xcal's EO1 and EO2, can't say.

But to this day I see SLA mentioned in multiple communities as a classic.

But the team there has released such a mind-boggling number of scents in the past few years, I suspect it is pretty hard for most people to keep up.

ain soph aur

Basenotes Member
Mar 31, 2021
i stopped purchasing ensar stuff when i saw the true face of his customer service. i had read the drama talked about in frag communities but chose to ignore it since it didnt involve me and i had nothing other than peoples rants to go off of and up to that point every purchase was pleasant. then i had a rude awakening when dealing with his online website team and realized it wasnt all just hot air. but before all that i purchased the original eo2 (w/ siberian musk) and homeros which are stunning creations. didnt care much for eo1 or iris ghalia. eo red, black, and green were all pretty nice but not worth the price to me. same for c&p, qi nan, tibetan musk - all smelled good but dont warrant the price tag. that is me putting aside feelings and bias to give an objective opinion. but subjectively i wouldnt give another dollar to this company regardless of how amazing it smells.

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Thats a new one! what does the dentist smell like? Like mouthwash? I was just at the dentist, but I didn't notice much of any smell lol
Probably a dentist where he drills out all the rotten teeth, bleeding and decaying gums, people piss themselves because they are scared of dentists all mixed together with a faint scent of some chanel, because dentist is a rick MF 😁

Cheetah1919

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 16, 2016
Thanks for those responses guys, I’m just having a hard time trying to get back into here with all the releases and the difficulty of smelling them before big spending. I think Homeros would be the one I’d like to get……somehow, lol

Dothraki

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 20, 2013
I don’t usually layer .. but this one just sounded too perfect.
Sultan Leather Attar + EO1 (both first releases. I’m in a cloud of amazing right now.

I heard the new current SLA is amazing and just like the OG. Gotta get my nose on it. The Manipur edition actually really grew on me too.

annan0480

May 17, 2022
Given the current edp sale, are there thoughts on ensar edps generally? The only direct comparisons I’ve tried are Santal sultan pp and edp. To my nose, the parfum was more robust but I’m not sure enough the justify the increased price. I’d love to hear from the more experienced noses on here about ensar edps. Thanks.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
I don’t usually layer .. but this one just sounded too perfect.
Sultan Leather Attar + EO1 (both first releases. I’m in a cloud of amazing right now.

I heard the new current SLA is amazing and just like the OG. Gotta get my nose on it. The Manipur edition actually really grew on me too.
Did you end up buying another Manipur edition because I still have the one we traded awhile back. I gave you the OG and you gave me your Manipur.

Bust_Nuttington1211

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 17, 2021
Given the current edp sale, are there thoughts on ensar edps generally? The only direct comparisons I’ve tried are Santal sultan pp and edp. To my nose, the parfum was more robust but I’m not sure enough the justify the increased price. I’d love to hear from the more experienced noses on here about ensar edps. Thanks.
The story is more or less the same for the other edps as well. The handful I have tried (Tibetan Musk, Santal Sultan, Oud Yusuf, EO2: Kashmir, and EO3) have all been lovely, and they are good options if you haven’t had the chance or are unable to smell the Pure Parfum counterparts. But when compared to the PP versions, they definitely lack some of the magic. It’s like looking at the same painting many years later, after the colors have faded and lost their brilliance.

That said, they still smell great, and they perform better than 99% of all other EDPs out there, so if you aren’t looking to spend Pure Parfum money, they’re not a bad alternative. Also, I’ve found that they are much easier to wear out, if that is something that interests you. Since they aren’t as dense and potent as the PPs, they don’t completely engulf you like some of the heavy hitters do, which is nice if you don’t want to choke people out.

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
The story is more or less the same for the other edps as well. The handful I have tried (Tibetan Musk, Santal Sultan, Oud Yusuf, EO2: Kashmir, and EO3) have all been lovely, and they are good options if you haven’t had the chance or are unable to smell the Pure Parfum counterparts. But when compared to the PP versions, they definitely lack some of the magic. It’s like looking at the same painting many years later, after the colors have faded and lost their brilliance.

That said, they still smell great, and they perform better than 99% of all other EDPs out there, so if you aren’t looking to spend Pure Parfum money, they’re not a bad alternative. Also, I’ve found that they are much easier to wear out, if that is something that interests you. Since they aren’t as dense and potent as the PPs, they don’t completely engulf you like some of the heavy hitters do, which is nice if you don’t want to choke people out.
Agree. The edps are a nice option at $399

Dothraki

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 20, 2013
Did you end up buying another Manipur edition because I still have the one we traded awhile back. I gave you the OG and you gave me your Manipur.
Yeah I scored a few grams in the big bottle from a trade. Loving it more now than I did in the beginning. Still have some of your OG left too! Do you still have the Manipur? If so, you still enjoy it?

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
Yeah I scored a few grams in the big bottle from a trade. Loving it more now than I did in the beginning. Still have some of your OG left too! Do you still have the Manipur? If so, you still enjoy it?
man I’m not sure if I’m enjoying it anymore. It’s aged in a direction I’m not really digging these days. I think I’m going to get the newest version because there’s something in the opening that might be the Smoke or whatever but it’s not vibing with me.

Dothraki

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 20, 2013
man I’m not sure if I’m enjoying it anymore. It’s aged in a direction I’m not really digging these days. I think I’m going to get the newest version because there’s something in the opening that might be the Smoke or whatever but it’s not vibing with me.
Yeah that happens. Sometimes I wonder what some of these will smell like in 10-15 years. Maybe I’ll fill a little box with decants and just store it underground or something haha.
I’m really curious about the new one so if you get it I’d like to hear the comparison and thoughts.

Latest News