All Things Ensar Oud

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Siber extreme is green, spicy and on me was rather soapy. With all respect, but I don't see any reason to mention EO2, as they live in different worlds all together. If eo2 is semi sweet, orange spices and musk but ultra smooth, siber extreme is rough around the edges green soapy chypre that has zero sweetness, and utilizes musk tincture as a carrier.
Mriga, all green ALD, Agar aura and even commercial chypres are much better than Siber Extreme.
These are my 80 cents.

Z_LiDs

Oct 6, 2021
appreciate it. Good to know they are positive. I abandoned FB several years ago, so can't see those particular reviews.-j
they are all positive and all say same things... it's a masterpice fragrance, very very very musky, more than eo2/tibetan/yousuf, on the same side of private blend, very diffusive etc etc...
so... i need one :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
So this week I wore Iris Ghalia, Santal Sultan, Tibetan Musk EdP and Irian Green EdP.
This is old news to many of you, but these four fragrances are stellar. They make me want to sell everything else I own (not gonna do it :ROFLMAO: Just sayin'). Add EO3 and Sultan Leather attar, pretty strong desert island lineup there.

Z_LiDs

Oct 6, 2021
20220301_225249.jpg
a question regarding these stunning perfume, the last batch...
what kind of aromatic yield does the iris have for you in this perfume?
I mean ... I smelled the previous version (golden label) and the iris was very distinct as a smell, as well as familiar (the classic smell of iris we are used to even in the most commercial perfumes and similar to what you hear in artisanal ALD type etc.)
But in this iris ghalia no, I can't smell the classic smell of iris, I feel a single spicy, pungent, salty, fruity scent with an almost rancid acid base, but no iris as I know it ...
happens only to me or is this the desired effect?

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Exactly what I said. When you say "this is sold out - for the second time" is it really ever sold out??

The batch being made for sale at the time of the release can be sold out, as in...that very specific batch. When they said it won't come back, they really meant that specific batch, but they always come back in different batches, possibly with different/upgraded ingredients. 😁 :LOL:

View attachment 222937
question regarding these stunning perfume, the last batch...
what kind of aromatic yield does the iris have for you in this perfume?
I mean ... I smelled the previous version (golden label) and the iris was very distinct as a smell, as well as familiar (the classic smell of iris we are used to even in the most commercial perfumes and similar to what you hear in artisanal ALD type etc.)
But in this iris ghalia no, I can't smell the classic smell of iris, I feel a single spicy, pungent, salty, fruity scent with an almost rancid acid base, but no iris as I know it ...
happens only to me or is this the desired effect?

If you can, get a small amount of Orris butter, to get an idea of what it would smell like neat. It isn't the typical lipstick type stuff that you probably were familiar with, i guess from designer and niche houses.

Z_LiDs

Oct 6, 2021
If you can, get a small amount of Orris butter, to get an idea of what it would smell like neat. It isn't the typical lipstick type stuff that you probably were familiar with, i guess from designer and niche houses.
exact, i know the smell of iris by the others niche and designers perfumes... i will get a sample of orris butter to study...
what's the smell of orris you get in these perfume anyway?

Mar 23, 2021
exact, i know the smell of iris by the others niche and designers perfumes... i will get a sample of orris butter to study...
I cannot detect the iris or iris butter note either in any iteration of iris ghalia but it is one of my favourite ensar. the orris butter note is very noticeable in iris noir for me, the attar version.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Jono is an expert in Iris, he probably could break it down a lot more in detail but to me it has this rooty, a bit earthy, dusty, and sweet floral type tonality to it.

JonoBorneo

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 30, 2019
Jono is an expert in Iris, he probably could break it down a lot more in detail but to me it has this rooty, a bit earthy, dusty, and sweet floral type tonality to it.
Orris varies in scope from succulent violet, to dusty dry white powder, all the way to rich buttery chocolate. It depends on many factors: the method of extraction, (aka orris butter, resinoid, absolute or CO2), the age of the orris its self, the species, as well as environmental impacts.

Orris BUTTERs tend to feature the dusty, dry facets, and depending on their Irone content, can also exhibit violet tonalities.

In perfume, they lend extreme textural components to drydowns of compositions.

In my experience with Iris Ghalia, there is a prominent Orris butter texture in the drydown

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
EdPs for sale at $375/30mL.. Which is a nice development.
Can anyone comment on projection and longevity or just like/dislike of any of these EdPs? TIA
  • Iris Noir EdP
  • Borneo Zen Tibet EdP
  • EO 2: Kashmir EdP
  • Kyara Koko '92 EdP

Z_LiDs

Oct 6, 2021
Well, what is your impression?
just the firs impression, 1 spray on the arm, it opens with green floral and citrucy smell, almost tangy. settles on a musky bitter musk andr mantain that tangy bitter aroma. The musk is more animalic than Eo2, meanings that is more funky and less creamy-sweet-round. Its more airy of some other Eo creations (like IG, EO2, Eo1 etc), and less dense in aroma.

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
just the firs impression, 1 spray on the arm, it opens with green floral and citrucy smell, almost tangy. settles on a musky bitter musk andr mantain that tangy bitter aroma. The musk is more animalic than Eo2, meanings that is more funky and less creamy-sweet-round. Its more airy of some other Eo creations (like IG, EO2, Eo1 etc), and less dense in aroma.
Is it everything what dreams are made of?

I found it has similar or stronger presence than it and eo2, but less than eo1

Latest News