All Things Ensar Oud

amyrox89

Aug 12, 2021
Can someone confirm whether Homeros Ambre has a very strong barnyard smell? I read a review from Xcaliber that mentioned you need to like Hindi oud in order to enjoy this edition. I hope for a Tigerlust 1990 re-release instead of Homeros Ambre.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Can someone confirm whether Homeros Ambre has a very strong barnyard smell? I read a review from Xcaliber that mentioned you need to like Hindi oud in order to enjoy this edition. I hope for a Tigerlust 1990 re-release instead of Homeros Ambre.
Hit up Kaleb Johnson on facebook group, get a second opinion....he had one.

Prism247

Basenotes Member
Sep 6, 2021
Just put some on. I personally wouldn't describe this as barnyard, but I get what they mean.
It doesn't strike me as anymore barnyard than EO leather scents, for example.
The ambergris plays a big role here so anyone who loves ambergris & is familiar with EO scents, I say go for it. Glad I got it.(y)

Maybe it helps to add: It's zero fecal. Like yes there are "barnyard" notes... But zero :poop:
This is "good barnyard".

Diamond Joe

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
I have a strong feeling that Tigerlust 1990 may have actually sold out, despite NOT selling out when it was on the website for black friday.

I know several people who bought bottles after it was pulled from the site (myself included) and the bottle numbers were in the upper 40s out (out of 50 bottles produced. Mine is 46/50)

Diamond Joe

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
Well guys, I got my Tibetan Musk EdP. It does a pretty good job approximating the PP, although to my nose, it is not quite as animalic or as deep as the PP. The EdP comes on with a little bit more prominent Hojari frankincense and a little bit less prominent (less animalic) Tibetan musk, but is overall very well balanced and blended. I need to do a proper side-by-side comparison though, I had worn the PP the previous night, and sprayed the EdP over the remnants of the PP the next morning, which is what I'm basing my first opinion here on.

The bottom line is, if you love Tibetan Musk, but missed out on a bottle of the PP, I believe that the EdP will adequately scratch that itch.

98ViperGTS

Basenotes Member
Feb 10, 2012
For anybody that missed Tigerlust 1990 the first time. There's 5 up for sale;

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
For anybody that missed Tigerlust 1990 the first time. There's 5 up for sale;

Tigerlust 1990 is a banger!! damn.....i'm surprised it's still available, another dude from FB received his two weeks ago @47/50. The 5 in stock is false i think, all other releases are showing the same with 5 in stock, i wouldn't rely on the count. haha

98ViperGTS

Basenotes Member
Feb 10, 2012
Tigerlust 1990 is a banger!! damn.....i'm surprised it's still available, another dude from FB received his two weeks ago @47/50. The 5 in stock is false i think, all other releases are showing the same with 5 in stock, i wouldn't rely on the count. haha
I agree. While I don't think there are 5 in stock, there is definitely stock. I missed it back in December. But the one I ordered yesterday shipped today 😬

amyrox89

Aug 12, 2021
Somehow, I just imagine that the direction of this Tigerwood would be the same as (or at least) with Rumi and Hajar Aswad because of the coffee and cacao notes.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Somehow, I just imagine that the direction of this Tigerwood would be the same as (or at least) with Rumi and Hajar Aswad because of the coffee and cacao notes.
As i was explaining to Diamond Joe and a few of my friends....Just from reading on the note pyramid and going by what Ensar described alone....This Tigerwood seems like it's going to be a dark and resinous juice, on the gourmand side, and a lot more animalistic than the Tigerlust 1990 for the fact that Ensar is using black ambergris for the first time (that I'm aware of), it tends to have a more funky and fishy undertone to it, but since it's a vintage SQ grade type stuff, it probably wouldn't be as funky as the typical black ambergris we experienced in like Spell 125 by Papillon. At any rate, i'm bias toward black ambergris than white and grey one, so i am actually REALLY glad ensar went with black ambergris instead lol

There's zero floral notes, as ensar calls it out...it is not going to be a pretty scent, so it does sounds to me like it would lean more toward masculine, dark, animalic, inky, gourmand, and resinous side. Depending on how many grams of Tigerwood Royale Ensar load in here, it should be quite forward, boasts by the agarwood resins. This one could be oozing masculinity all over it. Overall the sum of the scent profile will not be like Rumi, and definitely going to be far from Hajar Aswad I think. But I guess we'll find out when we get our nose on it.

Edit: I spoke with Ensar and he did confirm that the Tigerwood is going to be an oudy, dark, and resinous composition. I think this is the first composition that has skipped the middle note entirely, and the very first composition without any florals at all....very interesting for sure. lol

Last edited:

TNBLUEMIKE

Basenotes Institution
Oct 1, 2013
Hello all,
How close (or not) is Irian Green to EO Green, if anyone has tried both? I see there is a difference in concentration. Is that it?
I love both I feel if I had to make a big decision EO Green PP has the 3D sparking wear and more longevity than Irian Green but by no means take IG as a watered down version. To me Irian Green is more refined and enjoyable wear and is just is a step behind it's brother. Both awesome scents.

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
I love both I feel if I had to make a big decision EO Green PP has the 3D sparking wear and more longevity than Irian Green but by no means take IG as a watered down version. To me Irian Green is more refined and enjoyable wear and is just is a step behind it's brother. Both awesome scents.
Thank you sir!
I asked of course because EO Green is stellar, but apparently out of stock. Sounds like Irion Green would be a more than acceptable substitute

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Musc Gardenia White Kinam - Initial Impression

5D3_3947.JPG

Man, what an experience. This gem opens with a blast of medicinal oud and some bitterness up front, also has a hint of vegetal and greenness to it, presumably from the blue cypress, but the bitterness is counterbalanced by some thick and syrupy sweet honey, along with peppery spearmint, licorice, herbal tea, a bouquet of yellow and white florals. I could perceive the frangipani more than other florals, strangely I've also got a hint of orris root and lavender as well, which I don’t think is in the original note breakdown. The sandalwood lends to a vanilla-like creaminess, with a velvety but almost chewy texture.

There's also a very intriguing oudy type aroma being in the front and center of this composition, like burning a chunk of oud chip packed with resins, on very low and gentle heat, you know how the aroma would linger in the air, with a bit of that woodiness and a hint of sweetness, I'm not getting any oud smoke and the like, just a little bit of incense.

I'm no expert in Kinam ouds, but my peasant's nose definitely picks up on a very familiar oud quality from this composition, the same type of characteristic that I've also found and perceived in Purple Rain, maybe that's a unique trait exclusive to only Kinamic ouds, not at all saying that White Kinam smells like Purple Kinam at all, it's more like a certain signature. You know how most people could pick up on a properly dry-aged beef compared to the regular one? dry-aged beef simply has that beefier and more intense taste and aroma to it, a bit gamier, and melt in your mouth texture? Well, that's the best way I could describe how I could recognize and differentiate the subtle nuance, but a distinctive quality, it’s just…..different, in the best way possible.

This overall scent profile is quite condensed, but very clean, with a medium body. It has a bit of that powdery (or dustiness) in the mid dry down, even has a bit of that cooling sensation going on. This is a very special and unique scent profile, don’t think I’ve smelled anything like this from other EO releases. The floral bouquet is very nice, was a bit worried that it might come off too flowery on me, but it isn’t, this is a very gentlemanly type of floral accord, it’s no more feminine than Iris Ghalia, quite neutral and unisex I think. The musk is also quite shy on this one, at least on my first wearing it seems that way, there’s no bombastic animalic beast to be found here either.

You can wear this one on the same occasion you would Chypre Sultan, very clean, pleasing, easy to wear, and easy to love type scent. After missing out on the boat of the Borneo 50K edition, I'm glad to have this edition. No it doesn't blow my mind like the Qi Nan did, but nevertheless, this is still an extraordinary release from Ensar.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
I spoke with Ensar and he did confirm that the Tigerwood is going to be an oudy, dark, and resinous composition. I think this is the first composition that has skipped the middle note entirely, and the very first composition without any florals at all....very interesting for sure. lol
And this is why I pulled the trigger on a bottle seconds after scanning the note listing. It sounds right in my wheelhouse.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
Hello all,
How close (or not) is Irian Green to EO Green, if anyone has tried both? I see there is a difference in concentration. Is that it?
If I recall correctly, Ensar himself described Irian Green as a sort of "sport" version of EO Green -- a fresher take, while the original was darker and more foresty. I haven't tried Irian for myself, however.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
And this is why I pulled the trigger on a bottle seconds after scanning the note listing. It sounds right in my wheelhouse.
I hesitated when i read the word "diffusive", but clarified it with Ensar in what context he was referring to, I was a bit worried that it would behave like Borneo Zen Tibet, but glad it's nothing like that. I pulled the trigger a few hours later. There are zero florals, i think this is the first.....and it's also very interesting how he constructed this composition with no middle/heart note either, can't wait to see how it performs.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
You have good taste, guy.

(I did the same and can't wait)
touche-dodgeball.gif

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
Thomas confirmed there will be 3g of Tigerwood Royale alone in the bottle, on top of all other compounds!!! The oud oil alone was selling for $790 for 3g ($595 on sale) yo! 🥳🤩🥳🤩
Yes, I saw that today. I'm very glad to hear that ... Tigerwood Royale is one of my favorite oils to boot. I have really high hopes for this release, and it's been a while since I've said that.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
Not sure why (dyslexic?) but I read that as "I pulled the trigger on my second bottle after scanning the note listing".

I was like, wow! Baller
Bahahahaha. I bought the first one before reading the description, then went back for number 2 after actually reading the notes :LOL:

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Yes, I saw that today. I'm very glad to hear that ... Tigerwood Royale is one of my favorite oils to boot. I have really high hopes for this release, and it's been a while since I've said that.
This one sure sound like a very exciting release for sure!! What does the Tigerwood Royale oud oil smell like neat?

litworth

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 6, 2010
Anyone has any thoughts on the Mystical Lotus pure parfum? Also, what about Oud Royale. I know it’s no longer available but I am wondering what that one smelled like?

Latest News