Alain Delon

egrorian

Oct 12, 2008
I originally posted in the General Fragrance forum but I have been advised I would probably get a better response in Vintage, therefore;

I notice most of the Alain Delon frags have generally positive reviews yet are very rarely mentioned in the forum. I like all the ones I've tried, with Iquitos up there in my top half dozen of all time. I had several of the 7ml minis then was lucky enough to acquire a 100ml bottle for a very reasonable price and enjoyed it for a decade. Current price tags place it outwith my reach now sadly. Who knows, maybe it will be relaunched one day (although according to the Directory most of the Delon frags are now discontinued and the most recent new launch a decade ago...).

relus

Mar 21, 2019
Alain delon was pure french art, iquitos, alain delon, ad plus, and the womans scent, forgot the name for now wich was just incredible, lets face it, living the 80s was an adventure.

relus

Mar 21, 2019
Yes, it sure it to my nose and eyes. A era wich is gone, a delon is a bit under the radar, and most of the class scent are too pricey and hard to find, too bad... this one womans scent is lovely to me, very powerfull also IMG-20200830-WA0005.jpg

relus

Mar 21, 2019
There are 2 for sale on Vinted: a box with soap and this mini spray ragrance, 350 euros; a bottle (splash I think) 200 ml, 200 euros.

Yes, those prices are to high for me, vinted, ebay and etsy are h
Just out of control with a lot of vintage perfumes i think. Thanks for the feedback tough.

VCAPH

Aug 28, 2017
I had Samourai 47 but it turned on me, was a nice mellow summer cheapie
Currently have Shogun and Seductuer Rebel and Samourai Katana , enjoy wearing all of them

SInce AF group took over the license they have put some real thought into the fragrances, Seductuer rebel sprays out a tonne and has an adjustable sprayer and the bottle design is , needless to say stunning

VCAPH

Aug 28, 2017
I originally posted in the General Fragrance forum but I have been advised I would probably get a better response in Vintage, therefore;

I notice most of the Alain Delon frags have generally positive reviews yet are very rarely mentioned in the forum. I like all the ones I've tried, with Iquitos up there in my top half dozen of all time. I had several of the 7ml minis then was lucky enough to acquire a 100ml bottle for a very reasonable price and enjoyed it for a decade. Current price tags place it outwith my reach now sadly. Who knows, maybe it will be relaunched one day (although according to the Directory most of the Delon frags are now discontinued and the most recent new launch a decade ago...).

A couple of years ago 4 new mens ones came out ( and 2 womens I think)

I have Seducteur rebel, the others were champion, champion aqua and seducteur

A pdf release from AF /Lalique is floating around on the net someplace with further information

Delon himself wore his own fragrances , according to the reviewer scentland, AD smells a lot like Denim 1976 , and Richard James Savile row does has SOME similarities as well.

Scentland once mentioned that Delon also wore Polo Blue, and an old GQ interview with him , Delon mentions his fondness for 4711 And Eau Sauvage

I love his fragrances, but for me its Eau Sauvage that he will always be linked with

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
Delon himself wore his own fragrances , according to the reviewer scentland, AD smells a lot like Denim 1976 , and Richard James Savile row does has SOME similarities as well.

Now, I need to look after Denim 1976 because I'm a big fan of AD classic!
From AD line, I only know AD classic, AD plus and Pharos. AD plus is too powdery for me and Pharos a generic fruity/aquatic end of 90's fragrance. Not my thing.

Latest News