Al Shareef Oudh Dedicated Thread

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Hey everyone!
With Recent first glance on upcoming collection of perfumes, i am starting a thread dedicated to the works of Al Shareef Oudh.

images.jpeg

Please share your thoughts and impressions here :thumbsup:

Screenshot_20210417-100740_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20210417-101044_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20210417-101141_Opera.jpg

SOB111

Feb 9, 2019
Thanks for creating a dedicated thread to this wonderful house. I cannot wait to see the details of this first line of perfumes.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
What do you know about the house? Thanks

He’s one of the best top tier Oud distillers in the world. Upper level everything. Top tier oils, top tier Attars. If people think Ensar is expensive they’re in for a rude awakening with ASO. But make no mistake the quality is there on all fronts. The last perfume he collaborated on was with SJA perfumes and it fetched a $1200 price tag.

He’s also a distiller who values tradition, culture, and heritage. His work is an extension of the ethics he chooses to live by and it shows. Very knowledgeable on ancient perfumery and is almost a historian of sorts. Obviously I have no clue what these perfumes will cost but I know these will be upper level/top tier materials all the way.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
I have been buying oud chips from him, not the oud oils. I am still in search of what i like, and seems oils are not quite doing it for me.

I received al Layl and mohdesh as small samples.

Al Layl is very tenacious, projects well and done nicely. Oud starts at the front, and it is probably the modhesh which is 2nd sample. Its dark, has gentle varnish note, actual stewed fruits and woody backbone. Nice overall and fits within the Al Layl which sweetens up with something like vanilla pod, labdanum, some fruit and backed with either musk or ambergris, giving it a worn in feel. If i could point to a perfume, would be somewhere in line of Sova, but sweet and musky.

Overall i am impressed, thus waiting for his release.

Prices are indeed very high so i doubt i will be a regular customer.

Tilt

Aug 9, 2019
Nice idea to start this thread!

I’d definitely like to order some samples of their oud oils soon as, from what I’ve read, they use more traditional distillation methods compared to the clean (zero soak, made for close studying) contemporary ones that have become so dominant. I haven’t been in the oud world for long enough to really know what “old school” smells like. Maybe I’ve got the wrong impression of their work though....

911LambMelb

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Great thread idea for a great house.

He’s one of the best top tier Oud distillers in the world. Upper level everything. Top tier oils, top tier Attars. If people think Ensar is expensive they’re in for a rude awakening with ASO. But make no mistake the quality is there on all fronts. The last perfume he collaborated on was with SJA perfumes and it fetched a $1200 price tag.

He’s also a distiller who values tradition, culture, and heritage. His work is an extension of the ethics he chooses to live by and it shows. Very knowledgeable on ancient perfumery and is almost a historian of sorts. Obviously I have no clue what these perfumes will cost but I know these will be upper level/top tier materials all the way.

To be clear he didn't set that price.
So that won't necessarily be the price point for the upcoming collection.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Great thread idea for a great house.

To be clear he didn't set that price.
So that won't necessarily be the price point for the upcoming collection.

His Attar Yasameen which I’m guessing will be the basis for Jasmine was $395 for 2.5ml’s. Ward is $425 for 2.5ml’s. If he does an extrait strength multiply those numbers by 3. Even at 5ml’s that’s still pricing around $800.

FCM415

Jan 25, 2018
His Taif rose otto is rare grade through family connections in Saudi. Trade of precious liquids is very controlled to say the least. That's the level of quality we're talking about here.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
His Taif rose otto is rare grade through family connections in Saudi. Trade of precious liquids is very controlled to say the least. That's the level of quality we're talking about here.

Yeah this is pretty much as good as it gets. I don’t think anyone will object to that either.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Price wise, i say lets give composition a sniff, lets see the price and then we can say yay or nay.
If it will be garbage, i will be the first one to shamelessly announce it.

j.zheyii

Nov 13, 2014
YES! I have been keeping an eye for his parfums release since a year ago and FINALLY it's about to happen. I feel that it would be priced like $700 or $800 per bottle though, sure wish I hit the jackpot now.

In Amber

Oct 12, 2019
Great idea to start this thread with these releases imminent . I am very much looking forward to these , I own the Al Shareef Oudh / SJA collaboration winter edition and it is absolutely stunning , the blending is exquisite so these could be very special indeed .

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Great idea to start this thread with these releases imminent . I am very much looking forward to these , I own the Al Shareef Oudh / SJA collaboration winter edition and it is absolutely stunning , the blending is exquisite so these could be very special indeed .

Can you brief us on how that colab perfume smell, perform and if any similarities to the other market products?
Thanks

In Amber

Oct 12, 2019
Can you brief us on how that colab perfume smell, perform and if any similarities to the other market products?
Thanks

It kind of reminds me of the blending you would get if Maurice Roucel was using real musk in a Shalini Perfume . If you have tried something like Jardine Nocturne it has a similar kind of sillage and projection and blending approach , very seamless and more in the classical perfumery style of blending but using all naturals and real musk. The musk , ambergris , civet notes are perfectly tamed to be in harmony with the other notes. Longevity was also deceptively longer than i initially thought after wearing it multiple times . The oud is very good , not barnyard or funky but still powerful , like some of the Agar Aura oils I have tried . This was a collaboration with Shatha Alzabi from SJA whose other special editions such as Spice In Laos are also extremely good but being a collaboration I don't know if the direction is going to be similar with these releases but I have high hopes . I hope that helped a little .

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Bottles are to be released tomorrow.
No note of price yet as i understand.

Screenshot_20210501-173520_Opera.jpg

Anyone will be buying all 3?

zerofox

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
It kind of reminds me of the blending you would get if Maurice Roucel was using real musk in a Shalini Perfume . If you have tried something like Jardine Nocturne it has a similar kind of sillage and projection and blending approach , very seamless and more in the classical perfumery style of blending but using all naturals and real musk.

I did like the blending and seamlessness of Jardin Nocturne but it I found it woefully undefined. That leaves me with a mixed bag of interest and wariness.

mahmadna

Dec 19, 2019
At first I was surprised at the $1,200 price tag. But then, it’s the price for a set of 3 different frags. Might go for an individual bottle later.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
With the fear of 800 a bottle that was originally assumed, 400 a pop is not that bad.
Ordered whole set. No other purchases for me

Last edited:

bl00drunzcold

Apr 24, 2018
With the fear of 800 a bottle that was originally assumes, 400 a pop is not that bad.
Ordered whole set. No other purchases for me

Ishraaq and Ward are the two that look good to me. I’ve not experienced Al Shareef yet so I’ll stick with Ishraaq if I can get it.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
At first I was surprised at the $1,200 price tag. But then, it’s the price for a set of 3 different frags. Might go for an individual bottle later.

I’m curious as to what the retail price will be. I’m hoping it’s under $600 because if so I’ll gladly shoot for ward. I know he said on Ouddict that the price will increase after the initial full set sale. Fingers crossed!

catalyst11225

Jun 19, 2019
Is this going to be a common thing now? Offering the set first then single bottles ? Curious to see individual prices afterwards

bigbloke

Aug 17, 2013
My set has shipped today. Expected next Wednesday, which I'm hoping will change once it leaves Australia.

- - - Updated - - -

Received my goodies on Saturday 15/05/21. Have let them sit for a couple of days (I have found over the years that natural perfumes require a settling period), will be testing Ward and Jasmine tonight.

I like the presentation, the bottles are good quality. The seal has the brand name in Arabic. Cardboard used is sturdy.
The sheet is a nice touch, I'm sure there will be some discussion as to the directions. The bottle removal notes are thoughtful as it is a very snug fit, so needs coaxing out, some may need them.

IMG_6177.jpg IMG_6178.jpg IMG_6179.jpg IMG_6180.jpg IMG_6181.jpg IMG_6182.jpg IMG_6183.jpg IMG_6184.jpg IMG_6185.jpg IMG_6186.jpg IMG_6187.jpg IMG_6192.jpg IMG_6193.jpg IMG_6214.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News