Aging Containers?

shinycrow

Basenotes Member
Oct 20, 2016
When you are brewing fragrance in large quantities, what do you age it in? (Both the concentrate itself and the concentrate with alcohol.)

I am ready to make a "large quantity" for the first time, but not really a whole lot... I want to brew about a gallon. Do you have any recommendations for what to keep it in?

Does the container have to be glass? What should the inside of the lid be made of? Is an aluminum lid okay? What about polyseal?

Thank you very much

julian35

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 28, 2009
When you are brewing fragrance in large quantities, what do you age it in? (Both the concentrate itself and the concentrate with alcohol.)
I am ready to make a "large quantity" for the first time, but not really a whole lot... I want to brew about a gallon. Do you have any recommendations for what to keep it in?
Does the container have to be glass? What should the inside of the lid be made of? Is an aluminum lid okay? What about polyseal?
Thank you very much

I would recommend glass or aluminum. If glass, then a Polyseal Cone Lined Caps.

shinycrow

Basenotes Member
Oct 20, 2016
I'm bumping this because now I want to make several gallons at once. Would anyone mind sharing details or photos of their setup?

RomanB

Oct 22, 2022
Look for Sansone Fusti.
2-Litre-Sansone-Fusti_600x.jpg

honey-kit-sansone-europa-honey-drum.jpg

They are available in volumes from 2 to 100 litres, with stands, valves and stirrers as options.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...