aggarwoodassam/dixit&zak

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
I have yet to get my nose on any "tabac" fragrances that accurately portray real tobacco scents, this new Hindi Tabac is no exception.

While it smells good and definitely seems like it has very high-quality ingredients in it, even with a bit of EO vibe as Castingshadow pointed out, it still completely misses the mark on tobacco aroma IMO.

Good scent profile, overall it's far better than Emperor's court and Santal Oud, if you could associate any tobacco with it....good for you, but to me.....Tobacco it is not.
Tabac oud tlatoani by Auphorie is 90% there

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Tabac oud tlatoani by Auphorie is 90% there

Would have to get a sample.

Meanwhile, i guess I'll continue to go lit up another cigar whenever i feel like being engulfed in tobacco aroma, been a cigar connoisseur for over 3 decades, and have a few humidors worth of collection that came from many different regions. The aroma that hit my nose whenever i opened the humidor is intoxicating. It really made me wonder, have any of these perfumers ever spent some time in a cigar shop to take a whiff of any real cigars? When they compose a tobacco accord, what exactly are they using as a reference point??? Skoal, cigarette, or other flavored cheap "tobacco" they get from the gas station and 7-11? :ROFLMAO: Or did they just get a few fresh tobacco leaves from the local tobacco farm or ebay, take a whiff and be like....yup, this is it?!

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
Hindi Tabac finally reached my neck and my first impressions are that this is what we all expect/ed from Zakir.

Contrary to what Xcal experienced, I perceive the tobacco very clearly and I would say that it's the puro habano (Cohiba Robusto) variety the one that is present in this blend, although perhaps much more the smell of the leaf —or rather, of the unlit cigar— than that of the smoke once we are smoking or even its flavor. I could be wrong, since I quit the habit years ago.

The ouds and sandalwood/s in here have AhomOud written from start to finish in their respective development and I inmediately thought on Emperor Hind, yet perfected, cleaner and rounded, and with less character due to that.

Do I like it? Quite a lot. It is mature, not too complex (so weareble) and the ingredients are raw and good. Perfectly executed. I will be wearing it outdoors during the summer for dinner and the likes.

Some other ingredients pop up gorgeously through the wearing. The marigold, the lime, that wonderful hay... All this will take you back to the first times of the brand.

I am smiling.

Sipy63

Jan 23, 2019
There's an ever present but nice sweet backbone during most of the ride. I can attribute that to the currant. Alongside that there's an earthy dry tone that must be coming from marigold, henna, and hay. But man, oud is the key player start to finish.

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
Hindi Tabac finally reached my neck and my first impressions are that this is what we all expect/ed from Zakir.

Contrary to what Xcal experienced, I perceive the tobacco very clearly and I would say that it's the puro habano (Cohiba Robusto) variety the one that is present in this blend, although perhaps much more the smell of the leaf —or rather, of the unlit cigar— than that of the smoke once we are smoking or even its flavor. I could be wrong, since I quit the habit years ago.

The ouds and sandalwood/s in here have AhomOud written from start to finish in their respective development and I inmediately thought on Emperor Hind, yet perfected, cleaner and rounded, and with less character due to that.

Do I like it? Quite a lot. It is mature, not too complex (so weareble) and the ingredients are raw and good. Perfectly executed. I will be wearing it outdoors during the summer for dinner and the likes.

Some other ingredients pop up gorgeously through the wearing. The marigold, the lime, that wonderful hay... All this will take you back to the first times of the brand.

I am smiling.
Perfectly described. These are my exact same thoughts on it. Wearing it right now. It has definitely met my expectations. I also get tobacco, oud galore, mitti, henna, and ambergris. I don't get any of the listed florals. It also has an EO1/Sultan Leather Attar kind of vibe, sans the rose. Definitely a win in my book as well.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
Would have to get a sample.

Meanwhile, i guess I'll continue to go lit up another cigar whenever i feel like being engulfed in tobacco aroma, been a cigar connoisseur for over 3 decades, and have a few humidors worth of collection that came from many different regions. The aroma that hit my nose whenever i opened the humidor is intoxicating. It really made me wonder, have any of these perfumers ever spent some time in a cigar shop to take a whiff of any real cigars? When they compose a tobacco accord, what exactly are they using as a reference point??? Skoal, cigarette, or other flavored cheap "tobacco" they get from the gas station and 7-11? :ROFLMAO: Or did they just get a few fresh tobacco leaves from the local tobacco farm or ebay, take a whiff and be like....yup, this is it?!
I think the problem is that Tobacco itself displays many different fantasy factors. Like tobacco as a material is different from tobacco accords. I think it’s important to know what you’re looking for. Aromatic cigar notes will be different than rough, herbal, agrestic cigar accords. Usually tobacco accords contain very little tobacco at all.

A good example of this is the cigar accord that plays out in Jeke verse the cigar accord that plays out in Atman Xaman. Both mimic cigars but both display wildly different aspects of the same materials, both are based on tobacco absolute.

Then you have the whole pipe tobacco genres, raw green leaf tobacco like Tabac Vert and Sir Winston, and then you have just raw tobacco absolute soliflares like Tabac Dore.

The options are endless really. With Hindi Tabac I get a legit, real deal tobacco essential oil. If you’ve smelled the raw materials it’s clear as day what they used in this. I think different tobacco varieties also produce different tobacco notes and sometimes tobacco EO/absolute will smell like fresh raisins with deep oakmossy undertones.

Dixit and Zak utilize a rather rough, raw herbal tobacco note. I think they did a great job highlighting it as well but this is truly a “YMMV” type of scenario.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I think the problem is that Tobacco itself displays many different fantasy factors. Like tobacco as a material is different from tobacco accords. I think it’s important to know what you’re looking for. Aromatic cigar notes will be different than rough, herbal, agrestic cigar accords. Usually tobacco accords contain very little tobacco at all.

A good example of this is the cigar accord that plays out in Jeke verse the cigar accord that plays out in Atman Xaman. Both mimic cigars but both display wildly different aspects of the same materials, both are based on tobacco absolute.

Then you have the whole pipe tobacco genres, raw green leaf tobacco like Tabac Vert and Sir Winston, and then you have just raw tobacco absolute soliflares like Tabac Dore.

The options are endless really. With Hindi Tabac I get a legit, real deal tobacco essential oil. If you’ve smelled the raw materials it’s clear as day what they used in this. I think different tobacco varieties also produce different tobacco notes and sometimes tobacco EO/absolute will smell like fresh raisins with deep oakmossy undertones.

Dixit and Zak utilize a rather rough, raw herbal tobacco note. I think they did a great job highlighting it as well but this is truly a “YMMV” type of scenario.
That's a fair point and a good perspective to look at it. I have Jeke, going to have to revisit it, don't recall what it smelled like, i tried it once when i got it, wasn't excited and almost forgot i even have it. Would have to try tincturing a few cigars to see what kind of aromas I could extract that way as well.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I'm putting my Hindi Tabac up in Market Place if anybody wants it.

Meanwhile, i cut up one of my Bolivar Belicosos Finos Habanos cigar with 5 years of age to it into tincture, will see how it turns out. if i want the real shit...guess i'm just going to have to try to do it myself. If this turns out acceptable, then Hoyo de Monterrey, Montecristo, H.Upmann, Partagas, Por Larranaga, Saint Luis Rey, Ramon Allones, and Romeo y Julieta will join the party, they all have been aged for 5 to 7 years.

I'm trying to extract the aroma with as little nicotine as possible, so I won't tincture this too long, maybe 24hr would be enough.

288059989_1122128958368055_7399389341278244848_n.jpg 287783403_322963109888913_7860599759872306100_n.jpg

Last edited:

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
dude… a mason jar? Why you gotta do Belicosos Finos dirty like that?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I have a bunch of new ones laying around so might as well put them to good use, as long as they provide a good seal. 😁

On top of the authentic habanos, i'm thinking a bit of tobacco flower absolute would go well with it, since it has this spiciness kick to it, maybe a touch of pepper and siberian musk, maybe oakmoss, just something simple and not overcomplicated to enhance and bring out the habanos aromas, going to have to experience and play with different stuff to replicate the smell that I have been seeking for the longest time, then there's the smoking experience that has different nuances and flavors associate with it, going to have to play around with what I have.

That's one of the problem I have with Hindi Tabac, and many other "tabac" fragrances out there, they all have a boat load of crap in it, overloading with all sorts of florals and other junks completely taking away the tabac experience, those are more like a concept and abstract, too far off from authenticity. i mean....bro, I don't want my humidors to smell like a damn flower shop yo, that is NOT what i smell when i hang out at the cigar lounge or when i walk into a tobacco shop!!! No real cigar connoisseurs would ever want their cigar collection to smell anything like these fragrances, like ever.

FragSyndrome

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2016
^ consider this experiment, bring the composition to your cigar instead. Make a solution of oakmoss, tobacco flower, some musk, and give your cigar a light spray, then let it dry. I wonder how it’ll smoke?

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
^ consider this experiment, bring the composition to your cigar instead. Make a solution of oakmoss, tobacco flower, some musk, and give your cigar a light spray, then let it dry. I wonder how it’ll smoke?

quality cigars often have many different nuances like stone fruits, spices, cocao/coffee, hay, and other subtle "flavors", but NEVER roses, geranium, or bouquet of flowers in smell or in taste. :ROFLMAO:😅 😅 If you are getting roses from your cigar, it's probably the gas station type crap flavored with rose water or some shit, it's trash bro. Even a respectable half decent $5~8 per stick cigar wouldn't have those flowery type crap. And the vanilla is VERY subtle. Peppery spiciness is the most common taste, more so in non-cuban than Habanos, a subtle cacao/coffee is also a very common main note in MANY cigars that came from different regions, especially from the most common and well-known non-cuban brands like Perdomo (creamy, coffee,etc), Padron (peppery and cacao,etc), and Arturo Fuente (cedar, dark fruits, cacao, and pepper,etc). A lot of those main notes that i mentioned are completely missing from the majority of those tabac fragrances I've tried, either they smell like vanilla factory, or more like a flower shop. 😅

Decent cigars are VERY different than cigarettes, there isn't any nasty aftertaste when you're done with it, and your cloth doesn't stink and smell like ashtray afterward either, I enjoy a good quality $7 stogie as much as I do $15~50 Habanos, none of them are oozing roses and such.

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
[...] oud galore [...] It also has an EO1/Sultan Leather Attar kind of vibe, sans the rose. Definitely a win in my book as well.
Oud is the key element for sure. And I would place Hindi Tabac within the Top 3 D&Z alongside Charbagh and Kashmir Nuit.
One thing I keep forgetting to mention is this massive chocolate note in the opening. Not sure where it's coming from here.
Agree on this; I was about to mention it in fact. Maybe the mix of tobacco absolute plus ambergris did something with the animalic tone of the oud/s [fat]? Who knows.
[...] Meanwhile, i cut up one of my Bolivar Belicosos Finos Habanos cigar with 5 years of age to it into tincture, will see how it turns out. [...]

View attachment 236634 View attachment 236635
Report back!

Chet_Karim

Basenotes Member
Sep 8, 2020
quality cigars often have many different nuances like stone fruits, spices, cocao/coffee, hay, and other subtle "flavors", but NEVER roses, geranium, or bouquet of flowers in smell or in taste. :ROFLMAO:😅 😅 If you are getting roses from your cigar, it's probably the gas station type crap flavored with rose water or some shit, it's trash bro. Even a respectable half decent $5~8 per stick cigar wouldn't have those flowery type crap. And the vanilla is VERY subtle. Peppery spiciness is the most common taste, more so in non-cuban than Habanos, a subtle cacao/coffee is also a very common main note in MANY cigars that came from different regions, especially from the most common and well-known non-cuban brands like Perdomo (creamy, coffee,etc), Padron (peppery and cacao,etc), and Arturo Fuente (cedar, dark fruits, cacao, and pepper,etc). A lot of those main notes that i mentioned are completely missing from the majority of those tabac fragrances I've tried, either they smell like vanilla factory, or more like a flower shop. 😅

I have some partagas serie du connaisseur that would make a lovely tincture. No way in hell I'm doing that though. IYKYK. 🤣

Chet_Karim

Basenotes Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hindi Tabac is far too similar to the Ghaliyas for me to rate it highly. I get some tobacco in the opening. More like an accord. Leaves quickly to the fairly standard bases that have been employed for many releases. Really doesn't resemble the attar to me. I will let it sit for a few months and reassess later. Better than Oud Rosa so there is that.

Chet_Karim

Basenotes Member
Sep 8, 2020
Oud is the key element for sure. And I would place Hindi Tabac within the Top 3 D&Z alongside Charbagh and Kashmir Nuit.

Agree on this; I was about to mention it in fact. Maybe the mix of tobacco absolute plus ambergris did something with the animalic tone of the oud/s [fat]? Who knows.

Report back!

Interesting. I would say that Brindiban, Rising Mysore (og), Emperor Hind, and Vintage 84 are the best. I do agree that Kashmir Nuit is underrated. Certainly better than its successor Santal Oud.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Interesting. I would say that Brindiban, Rising Mysore (og), Emperor Hind, and Vintage 84 are the best. I do agree that Kashmir Nuit is underrated. Certainly better than its successor Santal Oud.
I still feel Brindaban and Charbagh are my favorites.

I like Mysore but not nearly as much as everyone else. Same for Emperor Hind after two years… I would put Kashmir Nuit up in the third slot.

Chet_Karim

Basenotes Member
Sep 8, 2020
I still feel Brindaban and Charbagh are my favorites.

I like Mysore but not nearly as much as everyone else. Same for Emperor Hind after two years… I would put Kashmir Nuit up in the third slot.

Charbagh is the only one I never got. As long as it is better than Oud Rosa, I will have to seek it out more aggressively. Kashmir Nuit is above average but not Vintage 84 level imo. I'm glad people are coming around to KN though. It got battered upon release.

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
Charbagh is the best rose perfume I've ever owned. At the same level of vintage Guerlain Rose Extrait and better than Sultan Red Rose. Wasn't an instant love due to its skanky punch in the far drydown, especially in summer, which was the release date back in the days.

I also love TRNP Rosa LE, but the quality is clearly 2-3 steps below.

Brindaban has something in the drydown that makes me doubt (I'm sure it's the sandalwood), but overall it's an extremely complex, dark, masculine, and in-the-vein-of-Bandit piece of joy. And the best thing one can wear when going out.

Emperor Hind, Vintage 84 and Rising Mysore, again due to the house's sandalwood, are three fragrances I dislike once I get into the mid, but the first 2-3 hours are something else. So mixed feelings.

Kashmir Nuit is a marvel. Orange is what I picture when I wear it. Oudy, floral, bitter, fruity yet not juicy. The creativity of this one is gift.

I'd love to see an extrait version of Shamsher.

The others are redundant or forgettable.

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
? When they compose a tobacco accord, what exactly are they using as a reference point??? Skoal, cigarette, or other flavored cheap "tobacco" they get from the gas station and 7-11? :ROFLMAO: Or did they just get a few fresh tobacco leaves from the local tobacco farm or ebay, take a whiff and be like....yup, this is it?!
How would you describe the tobacco in Tabacaurum?
I want to find an accord or EO like that and add it to random things I like already.

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
@Mak-7 managed to score Ghaliyah Reflection. Really curious to compare it with by beloved Hind. I hear that it also shares some Oudh Infini facets. Another one that I really enjoy. Excited.

Did Hindi Tabac grow on you?
I personally love it.

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Nice!
I wouldnt say that it shares much with infini, maybe super distant relatives.
Let me know what you think, very curious what your review be like :)

I didnt have a chance to wear Hindi Tabac lately as i got a big shipment in, and was going through new additions.

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
Mr Dr - did you give Ghaliyah reflection a wear?
I have not. It's currently in the States, waiting to be delivered overseas. It's going to be a while before it gets here, as I am also waiting for the results on the Bloodline lottery before I will have more stuff shipped here to Europe. Don't worry, I'll definitely share my thoughts here once I wear it properly:).

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Decided to re-wear Hindi Tabac today and i stand by my initial impressions. Funky oud and amber frag with some tobacco but today blackcurrant is not appearing to play at the start. Strong prjection.

Applied some Santal Royal by Guerlain to forearms, and a molecule in it blocked my nose from detecting funk in Hindi Tabac. Now all i can smell is leathery oud thats non funky. Crazy stuff.

Latest News