aggarwoodassam/dixit&zak

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
I have a bottle of Rising Mysore and I’d like to share some with other members here who haven’t had the chance to try it. Anyone open for a trade? I’m not sure if this kind of post is allowed here but the rules didn’t say anything about swaps.

oudaddict

Feb 2, 2017
I have a bottle of Rising Mysore and I’d like to share some with other members here who haven’t had the chance to try it. Anyone open for a trade? I’m not sure if this kind of post is allowed here but the rules didn’t say anything about swaps.

Have a feeling this will be deleted :)

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Sheer discrimination.

I mean it’s understandable. I didn’t think about the fact that a swap relies heavily on trust so I’m seeing the error in my post. Another user I spoke with on here was saying he wished he had the chance to try some of these out and I figured why not put myself out there. I understand there’s not a lot of trust on here to newcomers and I get it.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Anyone hear anything on new releases yet? I'm still bummed I never got to try Emperor Hind.

Dixit said they’re planning a late July release but they have two lines coming out. One with Dixit and Zak and another with Naaz Perfumes. The naaz perfumes line with be mostly natural at 80% and is still slated for a late July release. The Dixit and Zak line might not come out this summer at all but who knows. I think shipping is the biggest obstacle right now. It took almost 4 months to get my samples in from March so I think they’re waiting for all that to clear up.

ttt3008

Jul 28, 2015
Thanks for this news! I really liked Rising Mysore and have been waiting for the opportunity to purchase a D&Z fragrance.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013
So I hear a lot of people rave about Rising Mysore and Emperor Hind. Either these are extremely good and unique or the fact that they are made in small batches and discontinued have a little bit to do with the raving? Anyone that’s tried them chime in and give your thoughts.

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
So I hear a lot of people rave about Rising Mysore and Emperor Hind. Either these are extremely good and unique or the fact that they are made in small batches and discontinued have a little bit to do with the raving? Anyone that’s tried them chime in and give your thoughts.

Rising Mysore is very interesting and very different than most. Probably not something I’d reach for very much but incredibly different and evocative. A barbershop sandalwood scent that smells medicinal and sweet. The sandalwood is very prominent but so is Garam Masala, holy basil and a type of like that I was mostly unfamiliar with(my girlfriend says we’ve had it but I don’t remember). It always makes me feel like the barbershop element is also a doctors office and then the whole thing head’s to a creamy spice market. But I like it! And it’s made me wonder about making a simple sandalwood based attar with my own naturals for fun. So I guess I’d say I love it. Another kind member is sending me a bit of emperor hind but that it certainly the one that gets most of the hype. Excited to see their second collection.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019

Both are excellent. Rising Mysore is quite unique, but super easy to wear and sports a deep, long-lasting sandalwood. Emperor Hind reminds me a bit of EO1, but with a certain saltiness. It is a great showcase for high-quality Hindi Oud. Also, Brindaban is a great Yuzu/Oud/Patch combo. I was really surprised by these.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Bummer! I tried to order from Agarwood Assam and it’s saying the same. Oh well, more time to macerate I guess. Looking forward to trying this house.

Naaz perfumed is the official retailer so make sure for all things Agarwood Assam/Dixit and Zak you check out Naaz perfumes. He uses dhl now where as Zakir does not

Rising Mysore lives up to the hype. It’s one of my favorite fragrances. Ultra spicy sandalwood/barbershop scent. The best of the best in my opinion and Dixit and Zak deserve every bit of the tiny hype they receive.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013
Awesome, thanks everyone. The likening to the EO1 realm has me intrigued and I think a sandalwood barbershop with Indian spice and medicinal flare must be excellent. It seems Naaz perfumes there is no option to pay in USD? Maybe I’m missing it.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Awesome, thanks everyone. The likening to the EO1 realm has me intrigued and I think a sandalwood barbershop with Indian spice and medicinal flare must be excellent. It seems Naaz perfumes there is no option to pay in USD? Maybe I’m missing it.

You can still order it just converts to USD

bl00drunzcold

Apr 24, 2018

You may want to message Sikander (Naaz) on Whatsapp to verify he's shipping out right now. I messaged him several times during May and June and he wasn't shipping out do to lockdown, so since Zakir isn't shipping out right now, Sikander might not be as well.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
You may want to message Sikander (Naaz) on Whatsapp to verify he's shipping out right now. I messaged him several times during May and June and he wasn't shipping out do to lockdown, so since Zakir isn't shipping out right now, Sikander might not be as well.

Instagram is easy as well. From what Zakir told me Zikander is shipping with DHL. Still it’s good to check before hand but I just dealt with this whole shipping mess from Naaz. Took 4 months to get my order and it was during that time they decided to switch to DHL

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
Instagram is easy as well. From what Zakir told me Zikander is shipping with DHL. Still it’s good to check before hand but I just dealt with this whole shipping mess from Naaz. Took 4 months to get my order and it was during that time they decided to switch to DHL

I might be wrong but Naaz looks like they're either on break or sold out of almost everything from dixit & Zak/aggarwood Assam.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013
I tried again, it said failed again so I hit “cancel” and then it said the order went through...I hope it doesn’t charge me 2 or 3 times. I still don’t know if the transaction worked properly. Well if it did I ordered the Attar sample set including Shaair, Silsila, Mastaan, Mujamu Nayab, and Qaynaat. Also threw in a couple bars of Mysore soap.

Any thoughts on Shaair, Silsila, Mastaan, Mujamu Nayab or Qaynaat?

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
I tried again, it said failed again so I hit “cancel” and then it said the order went through...I hope it doesn’t charge me 2 or 3 times. I still don’t know if the transaction worked properly. Well if it did I ordered the Attar sample set including Shaair, Silsila, Mastaan, Mujamu Nayab, and Qaynaat. Also threw in a couple bars of Mysore soap.

What houses are those from?

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020

Silsila is pretty similar to Hindi Tabac. It has the same fecal Oud note although it transitions to a heavy Mysore drydown. The florals are supporting characters and it has an overall boozy feel to it in the opening but quickly settles into a heavily fermented Oud.

Qaynaat is essentially Brindaban but in Attar format. It’s spicy Hindi Oud with a sandalwood base. The spices have a freshness to them that I love. This is my favorite Attar along with Taj Noir.

Mastaan smells pretty similar to Emperor Hind. White florals, Hindi Oud, animalics.

These are very traditional Indian style Attars and really provide a fantastic look at traditional oriental perfumery.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
I might be wrong but Naaz looks like they're either on break or sold out of almost everything from dixit & Zak/aggarwood Assam.

I just looked and most of their selections are still in stock. Every Attar and most of the ouds are available. Jiri Jiri, Khalifa Hind, and Oud Louban were sold out but just about everything is still up. I guess it all comes down to what Zikander has to say though. I bought samples of Emperor Hind, Attar Silsila and Naaz Perfumes Attar all off the website but that might have changed in the last week or two.

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
I just looked and most of their selections are still in stock. Every Attar and most of the ouds are available. Jiri Jiri, Khalifa Hind, and Oud Louban were sold out but just about everything is still up. I guess it all comes down to what Zikander has to say though. I bought samples of Emperor Hind, Attar Silsila and Naaz Perfumes Attar all off the website but that might have changed in the last week or two.

Yeah it’s working again for me. Yesterday I couldn’t get it to go through.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013
Silsila is pretty similar to Hindi Tabac. It has the same fecal Oud note although it transitions to a heavy Mysore drydown. The florals are supporting characters and it has an overall boozy feel to it in the opening but quickly settles into a heavily fermented Oud.

Qaynaat is essentially Brindaban but in Attar format. It’s spicy Hindi Oud with a sandalwood base. The spices have a freshness to them that I love. This is my favorite Attar along with Taj Noir.

Mastaan smells pretty similar to Emperor Hind. White florals, Hindi Oud, animalics.

These are very traditional Indian style Attars and really provide a fantastic look at traditional oriental perfumery.

Thanks for the guide that’s awesome. I’m glad there are Attars that are similar to the parfums, that way if they become available again I’ll have a better idea. I’m digging traditional Indian scents so far. I’m also digging the minimalistic side of things like oud oil layered with sandalwood and a little musk. Maybe some rose or something else in the mix. Look forward to getting my nose on these.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013
I didn’t realize those soaps were from Aggarwood Assam! Cool!

I don’t think he makes them but just sells them on the site. Not sure if this is the same as the really popular one...looks like same manufacturer though. I bet this would be good to keep in your dresser drawer...smell up all the shirts real nice.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Thanks for the guide that’s awesome. I’m glad there are Attars that are similar to the parfums, that way if they become available again I’ll have a better idea. I’m digging traditional Indian scents so far. I’m also digging the minimalistic side of things like oud oil layered with sandalwood and a little musk. Maybe some rose or something else in the mix. Look forward to getting my nose on these.

I really do feel like his Attars are minimal in a way yet somehow have this complexity that is further exacerbated by the Oud/sandalwood combo. It’s like they’re all incredibly barnyard to the max yet somehow smell clean. Like the leather in the Oud actually feels like leather even though to some it would just smell like dog shit and flowers. I’m interested to hear your thoughts if they come through for you!

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
I really do feel like his Attars are minimal in a way yet somehow have this complexity that is further exacerbated by the Oud/sandalwood combo. It’s like they’re all incredibly barnyard to the max yet somehow smell clean. Like the leather in the Oud actually feels like leather even though to some it would just smell like dog shit and flowers. I’m interested to hear your thoughts if they come through for you!

I know I’m in the right place because that sounds great. Unfortunately couldn’t get my order through on the site and sikander never got back to my email about the order.

Tilt

Aug 9, 2019
I managed to order 2.5g of Attar Maroof in the short period the Etsy store was reopened for. But it’s now been stuck in Italian customs for 2 weeks...
Looking forward to trying a sample pack of their oud oils one day

psawjack

Nov 14, 2017
The description of Rising Mysore as a 'barbershop sandalwood' makes me think of Extract of Mysore Sandalwood by Crabtree & Evelyn (vintage). Has anyone smelled both + wish to compare them?
I'm going to get a sample and compare. I really dig Rising Mysore right now so hopefully I will luck out.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Latest News