Agar Aura - Official discussion thread

Apr 4, 2019
I’m the complete opposite here, I find the extraits better than the oils, lol. For whatever reason I get more complexity from the extraits, but they’re both unbelievable!
It almost makes me cry how addicted I am to KtB and Agar Parisien in particular. I literally used a half swipe of KtB for like 20 straight days!

Maybe it’s the OH weather my friend—haha....but I’m head over heels in love with KTB as well. I don’t think a day has went by I haven’t worn it since I got my first bottle, and so I picked up a back up.... and then traded for a 3rd. Yes, I kind of just lost my mind. Tonight I sprayed on a small spray of Kinam Attar. Wow it’s getting better I think. If Green Kyara is like these two, I will be hunting a back up for sure. I have quite a lot of Oud oils (Taha and others), and have sampled a lot of the ultra premium oils. These are just awesome. Highly addictive. If you’re ever headed north a little bit some weekend get in touch. Would be happy to meet up for a giant swipe fest... burn some Kyara.

Cheetah1919

Mar 16, 2016
Maybe it’s the OH weather my friend—haha....but I’m head over heels in love with KTB as well. I don’t think a day has went by I haven’t worn it since I got my first bottle, and so I picked up a back up.... and then traded for a 3rd. Yes, I kind of just lost my mind. Tonight I sprayed on a small spray of Kinam Attar. Wow it’s getting better I think. If Green Kyara is like these two, I will be hunting a back up for sure. I have quite a lot of Oud oils (Taha and others), and have sampled a lot of the ultra premium oils. These are just awesome. Highly addictive. If you’re ever headed north a little bit some weekend get in touch. Would be happy to meet up for a giant swipe fest... burn some Kyara.

All the talk of your backup bottles has me wishing upon a star!

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
I got GK today and reminds me of a mix between Agar parisien and Oud Loban. Didnt wear it on the skin yet just based on the general scent.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013
I got GK today and reminds me of a mix between Agar parisien and Oud Loban. Didnt wear it on the skin yet just based on the general scent.

Awesome! I missed out on those two...is it just like KtB without the smoke and sandalwood to you? Or similar to Kinam Attar if you’ve tried it?

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Awesome! I missed out on those two...is it just like KtB without the smoke and sandalwood to you? Or similar to Kinam Attar if you’ve tried it?

Didnt try ktb and kinam attar, sorry :(
But i can say there is smoke, its pretty evident to me. Not your typical smoke either, very refined, as first bundles of smoke rising from the frankincense on low heat
See if xcalliber can give you a deal on his 2nd collection, i believe he still has them on.

If not, i will put a drop of this stuff on, and if i wont like it on the skin, you can have my bottle if ur interested.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013
Didnt try ktb and kinam attar, sorry :(
But i can say there is smoke, its pretty evident to me. Not your typical smoke either, very refined, as first bundles of smoke rising from the frankincense on low heat
See if xcalliber can give you a deal on his 2nd collection, i believe he still has them on.

If not, i will put a drop of this stuff on, and if i wont like it on the skin, you can have my bottle if ur interested.

Haven’t tried the second collection...but I think, based on the descriptions, that you’ll love it. Cant go wrong with a Kinam composition from Taha, the dude is an Oud master.

Apr 4, 2019
Received my Green Kyara today. It doesn’t remind me of any of the previous releases exactly, but has some qualities of others. Agree with @mak-7 it Has some of the slight pepper of Oud Lubani, very very slight smoke of Khmer Kinam, and the base of Kinam Attar and KTB (which I find similar.). It has a bitter/sour thing going on which is a hallmark of Kyara. Also, there’s a very fleeting lactic/milky note. It’s excellent. If you like Kinam Attar and KTB I think you will like this. I don’t get any Sandalwood in it. It’s more ultra high quality Oud oil, with a VERY slight pepper and smoke. Another winner. Initial impressions I do like KTB a bit more, but this has major promise once the Ouds meld together more. From my exprience with Tahas fresh oils I am confident this will change for the better with time.

Cheetah1919

Mar 16, 2016
I think that’s what I enjoy most about Taha’s stuff, almost everything can be a completely different smelling experience from one day to the next. That’s why he’s the best imo, gotta be doing something that others aren’t, or aren’t able to. I know the other big boys have scents that change a bit here and there, but not to Agar Aura’s extent.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Pailin that was shared as a sample is very basic to my nose. Compared with Namasoma from Ensar, and Namasoma was better. A bit mellower in smell, less smoke and overall more interesting.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
Boy, Green Kyara is really nice. For anyone who has tried this, Khmer Kinam, and Kinam Attar, what are your thoughts on how these three compare?

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Green kyara is.....green :)
Khmer kinam is....redish. smoke is different. Spices are there but subtle. Its different beast all together.
In same family are: agar parisien and java

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Got a few ml of Kelantan and Khmer Kinam in the mail, what is it with Taha and his Camphor obsession. lol This Camphor is overpowering everything else in Kelantan, just like my 2nd collection the camphor is the only thing my nose is fixated on, it ruined all other notes for me, this stuff is in all his releases now :-\ The camphor isn't as strong in Khmer Kinam but it's still there, Khmer is nothing like Agar Attar. No bueno, not impressed with either one.

Agar Attar and Soryo No Kaori released in September 2020 are still the best from this house for me. The Japanese incense from Soryo No Kaori is extraordinary, one of the best smoke I've ever smelled from Taha, I heard Khmer Kinam got smoke.....what smoke?? it's weak sauce comparing to Soryo No Kaori....

Cheetah1919

Mar 16, 2016
Got a few ml of Kelantan and Khmer Kinam in the mail, what is it with Taha and his Camphor obsession. lol This Camphor is overpowering everything else in Kelantan, just like my 2nd collection the camphor is the only thing my nose is fixated on, it ruined all other notes for me, this stuff is in all his releases now :-\ The camphor isn't as strong in Khmer Kinam but it's still there, Khmer is nothing like Agar Attar. No bueno, not impressed with either one.

Agar Attar and Soryo No Kaori released in September 2020 are still the best from this house for me. The Japanese incense from Soryo No Kaori is extraordinary, one of the best smoke I've ever smelled from Taha, I heard Khmer Kinam got smoke.....what smoke?? it's weak sauce comparing to Soryo No Kaori....

I don’t get any overwhelming camphor in the ones you’re describing. But, not gonna be disappointed if there’s one less person out there buying up the AA on the market. Mix them up with your new Thai Tabac…maybe a combo of stuff you hate will make a masterpiece!

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I don’t get any overwhelming camphor in the ones you’re describing. But, not gonna be disappointed if there’s one less person out there buying up the AA on the market. Mix them up with your new Thai Tabac…maybe a combo of stuff you hate will make a masterpiece!

I don't hate the camphor, it's just drowning out all other notes for me. I guess it's something my olfactory is allergic to. None of Taha's stuff is repulsive, the new Thai Tabac is outside of the realm in a whole different league on its own. Sealed Essence still has a boatload of Taha's products available, as well as plenty of extrait and attar showing up at discounted price in the used market, rest assure... there isn't anybody on this planet earth is going to "buy up" any AA stuff on the market. lol AA and EO are the two brands that you are almost guaranteed to end up losing money 9 out of 10 times to get rid of them.

Last edited:

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013
The citrus is almost certainly the lemon aspect of taif Rose, no? To me good quality Taif is first and foremost citrus/green then the typically “rosey” aspect is very slight behind it.

Maybe it’s there...but definitely boosted with some lemon...it seems to my nose. Regardless I love the stuff and wish I’d bought a bottle.

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019

Interesting! I don’t get a ton of camphor from either of these(def get more smoke but I’m more sensitive to smoke in Taha’s work and I burn Doc Incense stuff at home, which has a lot of camphor, so maybe I’m used to it???).

Sugandha

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2019
Same here ... no camphor, but I definitely get a prominent smokiness from both. Kelantan and Khmer are definitely two of my favorite releases from the house.
Same for me. No camphor note. And yes Kelantan is smoky, and Khmer takes smokiness to another level.

Interestingly, I don't find any smoky notes in Soryo Na Kaori!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Has anyone tried the two extraits from Hikayat? Apparently Taha is the perfumer behind them

I have purchased first one, and while its not bad, there is nothing exceptional about it. It bears some resemblance of Tahas touch, and it is a " green jungle " representing juice, which to me, is not a traditional type of perfume, rather for meditation or to go out into the wild.

RedPillFrag

Mar 23, 2021
I find that in kelentan the prominent note is cola oud while I can relate to the camphor note in khmer Kinam even if smokier than other compositions.

Last edited:

Latest News