Agar Aura - Official discussion thread

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
This is an official discussion thread dedicated to the house of Agar Aura.
Please share and discuss all creations from ouds to attars and now- liquid perfumes.

Thanks for participation​

Last edited:

AZsmells

Jul 11, 2004
Re: Agar Aura - Al Jazzab

Taha is releasing 3 perfumes based on attars he has made in the past.
Al Jazzab is a rose/oud combo. I never got to try the original attar. I don't remember what the 2 other fragrances will be.
I am super excited about these releases as I have been asking Taha for years to make some perfume. His stuff is all top quality.
https://www.agaraura.com/jazzab.html
This is a link for his previous Al jazzab attar. Not sure how similar the new perfume will be,

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020

I was hoping these would fly under the radar here. I try and refrain from talking about how amazing these will be. I can’t Wait!!!

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019

I was hoping these would fly under the radar here. I try and refrain from talking about how amazing these will be. I can’t Wait!!!

I am known to destroy everything. This time it was your hope to have this release fly under radar :laugh:

Any word on price? I see his pure oils are out there, but attars are not so bad.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020

I am known to destroy everything. This time it was your hope to have this release fly under radar :laugh:

Any word on price? I see his pure oils are out there, but attars are not so bad.

I’m gonna guess $350 because that’s the standard going rate for a 30-50ml parfum release. I’m guessing $220 lowest $350 highest.

AZsmells got me hooked now!

FragSyndrome

Sep 14, 2016

62872c189d7546152edc55c03fb75ea9.jpg

FragSyndrome

Sep 14, 2016

That was an Instagram photo. I’m not affiliated with agaraura. Just thought I’d point that out.

Yessir - bottle are ugly.
I’ve been convinced that I must blind but these fragrances. That’s all I know lol.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019

Dont know what made u think u need to tell anyone about non affiliation, no one brought that up.

Blind buy in trend as well. Perfume world going bananas :undecided:

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019

You “okay boss”ed me like I’m some sort of agar aura rep. Hence my remark.

Ok or yes boss is used in a subordinate manner as towards someone who knows more than the person being educated, and has nothing to do with assumption of affiliation :laugh:

ausphil

Nov 4, 2014

I wonder when more information is going to be released. Keen to hear about prices and note breakdown. I imagine they will be on the more expensive side considering their oils fetch a premium.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019

Poor video like with auphorie, cant read, hands movement like octopus on cocaine :sad:
Cant he, if hes such an expert now, be more agile in explanation and draw some parralels at least?
Got to wait for samples. If u want to do smgh right, do it yourself.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013

WOW... out of left field! First ALD, then D&Z and now THIS! (Not counting Ensar because his collab is still in progress). This shows that the highest of quality in perfume form has caught on and is now in demand. We can all thank ourselves lol. It might be a tough decision between ALD and Agar Aura for some people.

The video posted, Brandon said a couple weeks for release.

ausphil

Nov 4, 2014

The bottles look very cheap from the video. From what Brandon says, there were a few issues with leakage to customers which AA are looking to resolve. And a possibility of bottle change. Hopefully they have this sorted by release. If I end up purchasing, I do not want a cheap bottle with leakage issues for the price we'll have to pay.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013

The bottles look very cheap from the video. From what Brandon says, there were a few issues with leakage to customers which AA are looking to resolve. And a possibility of bottle change. Hopefully they have this sorted by release. If I end up purchasing, I do not want a cheap bottle with leakage issues for the price we'll have to pay.

I’m sure he learned his lesson with these bottles that were sent out to the “chosen few”. But also, juice of this quality NEEDS to have a solid vessel to carry it and keep it safe for the years ahead.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013

Cats outta the bag now lol. But I don’t think the “hype” will pick up on this until a few weeks after the release. Which are you most interested in...Kinam?

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020

Cats outta the bag now lol. But I don’t think the “hype” will pick up on this until a few weeks after the release. Which are you most interested in...Kinam?

I’m not excited about any of them because I won’t be able to purchase any =( . I’ll sit this release out and wait till whenever he puts something out again.

I look at it like this, I got my whole life to collect perfumes and these guys/gals aren’t hanging up their hats anytime soon. I think I’ve broken the fomo curse and I feel alittle normal again. Thankfully i have one sample being sent my way so I’m grateful for that opportunity.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013

I’m not excited about any of them because I won’t be able to purchase any =( . I’ll sit this release out and wait till whenever he puts something out again.

I look at it like this, I got my whole life to collect perfumes and these guys/gals aren’t hanging up their hats anytime soon. I think I’ve broken the fomo curse and I feel alittle normal again. Thankfully i have one sample being sent my way so I’m grateful for that opportunity.

Good philosophy! In the end sampling is always best too.

qja

Oct 11, 2019

From that link for Al Jazzab posted above you can see the new extrait price, so I checked the others and found them too. Each 20ml. Soryo No Kaori $345, Al-Jazzab $395, Kinam $595. 1ml Samples $21-30 each.

Last edited:

JonoBorneo

Jan 30, 2019

From that link for Al Jazzab posted above you can see the new extrait price, so I checked the others and found them too. Each 20ml. Soryo No Kaori $345, Al-Jazzab $395, Kinam $595. 1ml Samples $23-30 each.

Could you post the links?

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019

$30 an ml for a spray is no joke. I'm very curious and I'm sure they are absolute gems. I just can't imagine being able to justify that to myself. At first I thought I might hit up Castingshadows or one of you gents about splitting a bottle but $300 for a 10ml decant is actually above my head.

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013

Does anyone here plan on picking these up? I’m curious to know given the price and fact that nobody has had their nose on them yet...good thing there are samples!

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013

They were supposed to be released in a week or two...I know they had a small setback, does anyone know the planned release?

Latest News