Advice on Dunhill for Men, please

relus

Mar 21, 2019
$_86.jpg this is the bottle, the advert even says its from the 60s..im just wondering being it a after shave, how about the strength of the smell and such? I never had or used dunhill as a brand.

Jean-Sté

Jan 1, 2021
View attachment 160425 this is the bottle, the advert even says its from the 60s..im just wondering being it a after shave, how about the strength of the smell and such? I never had or used dunhill as a brand.

I've read that the Eau de toilette wasn't very strong, but since I've never worn it, I can't tell. I hope other BNers with better knowledge can tell about after-shave...

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
If I was offered a 70s 200ml bottle of the Cologne for Men at 70€, I def think I'd grab it. Personally I wouldn't pay that for the aftershave, even 200ml, because my experience has told me that aftershaves generally don't hold up that well over a long period of time (in general: less alcohol content, more water). Then again, I have decades old aftershaves that smell wonderful, but they contain 73-75% alcohol and therefore less water. I use that as a guideline myself, higher alcohol % better chance of preservation of the scent.

relus

Mar 21, 2019
If I was offered a 70s 200ml bottle of the Cologne for Men at 70€, I def think I'd grab it. Personally I wouldn't pay that for the aftershave, even 200ml, because my experience has told me that aftershaves generally don't hold up that well over a long period of time (in general: less alcohol content, more water). Then again, I have decades old aftershaves that smell wonderful, but they contain 73-75% alcohol and therefore less water. I use that as a guideline myself, higher alcohol % better chance of preservation of the scent.

Yes, understandable, thats indeed to consider, thanks for the feedback!!

Latest News