ADG EDP....disappointing....

Sloth

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 11, 2019
So I bought a 2ml sample of Acqua di Giò Eau de Parfum.
I was actually very excited to try it and had very high hopes, based on reviews and the scent profile.
However, I was quiet disappointed upon trying it. Don't get me wrong, it is nice but to my nose it's also very flat and lacking in....well something.
There is talk of it being a 'modernised' ADG and if they refer to the fuzzy, semi-sweet designer vibe then I guesse they're right.
I think they missed a trick in not simply amping up the original as it seems now to be (and I hate using this term) quite generic.
Another thing is the performance,, it's poor on my skin. It projects well for about an hour, then sits very close to the skin and so far as my nose is concerend (and it's my nose that's paying for it) it may as well not be there as I cease to smell it after about 1-2 hours. It's better on clothes but I want a fragrance not a fabric conditioner.
So, is it just me or is this a decent but ultimatley forgettable 'meh' offering from ADG.
It's not bad but it's not FBW IMO.
Perhaps I'll give Acqua di Giò Profumo another go.
I may also try the EDT again and see how they compare as the florals are probably what makes it more interesting?

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
I always regarded AdG Essenza as the EdP of AdGPH EdT. I thought about backing up Essenza, when it discontinued, except I go through it very slowly.

Is this one anything like Essenza? If so, then it may be a substitute that fails due to a restricted component.

NettyYeti

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 28, 2016
I’ve yet to try it on skin, but on paper it smelled to me like a “true” edp flanker in that it didn’t deviate from the edt’s DNA but was more dense. Like you, I found it rather flat. It’s missing some of the edt’s sparkle, but it’s been a while since I’ve smelled the edt. The edp smells nice, but for this kind of fragrance, I prefer the lift of an edt.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
I always regarded AdG Essenza as the EdP of AdGPH EdT. I thought about backing up Essenza, when it discontinued, except I go through it very slowly.

Is this one anything like Essenza? If so, then it may be a substitute that fails due to a restricted component.
ADG EdP sits between Essenza and Profumo in smell, so it could easily slot in Essenza's place.

Vinrambo09

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 14, 2010
Its pleasant but ADG Profumo is more superior and complex in terms of its scent profile and its sexier , the patchouli and incense gives ADG Profumo an Alpha male vibe.

Sloth

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 11, 2019
The orange is noticable in the opening, and quiet nice, albeit not 'sparkly' or 'fresh' enough.
It's the mid and dry down that feels flat and 'missing something'.

Jan 4, 2019
I was also expecting an amped-up version of the original, but to me it doesn't smell alike, the vibe is just different. I love Profumo and wear it a lot, but the EDP is not for me.

Sloth

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 11, 2019
Tried a spray of the OG ADG the other day, to the back of my hand.
I wanted to see how different it was to the EDP.
It was awful!!!
I think the display bottle (Boots UK) was possibly old and had turned or something, so not a good comparison.
I'll try again somewhere else when I can as I'm sure it shouldn't smell like that.

Has anyone here tried Classica Men Acqua dell Elba? Sounds like a mix between Creed Erolfa and ADG/Bvlgari Aqva?

Latest News