Colin Maillard

Jan 24, 2013
OMG I am running out of room for cologne. I am freaking out because I can not stop buying it. What shall I do?

How long have you been into fragrances? I think any fan experiences a period of "enthusiasm", then you'll naturally start to buy less and less once you focus on what you like - and you realise you don't wear many bottles you own. But on the contrary if you've been doing that for long and if that is becoming a serious issue for you or if you feel it is about to, considering seeing a therapist seems the only way to understand why you're doing that - which is the only key to stop that (or at least. a starting point). Replacing this with another "addiction" or compulsive hoarding won't help.

adam090273

Jul 27, 2013
How long have you been into fragrances? I think any fan experiences a period of "enthusiasm", then you'll naturally start to buy less and less once you focus on what you like - and you realise you don't wear many bottles you own. But on the contrary if you've been doing that for long and if that is becoming a serious issue for you or if you feel it is about to, considering seeing a therapist seems the only way to understand why you're doing that - which is the only key to stop that (or at least. a starting point). Replacing this with another "addiction" or compulsive hoarding won't help.
That's very good advice. Nicely said.

30 Roses

Oct 8, 2007
JugtownHero,

Your wardrobe only has 9 fragrances listed. Are these purchases all since joining Basenotes last month?

Discussion boards can easily fuel buying. You might want to take a vacation from reading Basenotes and other fragrance discussion boards.

Latest posts

Latest News