Suggestion Add image functionality a bit confusing.

Juxtapozbliss

Author, Artist & Creative Director
Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
I find the UI around adding an image to be a bit confusing. You can see below I dragged an image into the window and then below that you get a translucent button that says "Insert..." and a garbage can over the same image thumbnail. The first time I saw that I hit Insert because I thought I had to confirm the image. It added the same image a second time as a result.

Then below that there is also a button for Attach File. But I've already attached the file but dragging the image in. So it's also unclear what that does. Insert is redundant. Attach file could also be confusing thinking I need to attach the image already present. Or not? Basically the options are confusing.
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 9.38.08 AM.png

Upvote 1

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
I agree it's confusing!

I'll post a suggestion in the Xenforo support forum, and maybe they can make it a bit better!

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Also, could we have the same functionality in Conversations? I was, ironically enough, trying to give one member a tutorial in a Conversation about how to post images, and I couldn't post a screenshot to illustrate the process. I figured out a quick-and-dirty workaround, but I can't see why it should be any different from the forums, unless you're worried about people privately sending each other lurid pics on your server.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
....I can't see why it should be any different from the forums, unless you're worried about people privately sending each other lurid pics on your server.

Well, we do have a rather large contingent of birdwatchers here, and we certainly don't want them sending around duck pics.

Latest News