tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
I think it’s a beautiful commercial.

The notes of the fragrance:

SUBJECT: Patchouli, Incense, Cashmere wood, Guaiac wood, Sandalwood
OPPOSED SUBJECT: Orange Blossom, Scots Pine, Cloves, Lentisk, Amyris
BASE: Elemi, Sweet orange, Black currant, Nutmeg, Notes of Smoke, Tobacco leaves

Sounds like something I’d love to try.

Mai7

Aug 16, 2020
Nobody thought the bloody nail and the crown of thorns were a tad on the creepy side?

I did. Although I love the house and their work.
I'd really never thought I'd see a crown of thorns and the blood of Christ in a perfume commercial.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
The commercial fits the fragrance house.

Nobody thought the bloody nail and the crown of thorns were a tad on the creepy side?

As Hednic said, it fits this fragrance house, and creepy is the anthem of Sorcinelli. Given the name of the fragrance, it's not surprising: it is common in Italy to have relics with pieces of crown, wood, nails, bones of saintss, and possibly of Jesus himself.

In the town of my father, there is a relic which is supposedly a fragment (like half or so) of the skull of Saint-Andrew, in a box, in the crypt of the (unsurpsingly named) Duomo di Sant'Andrea.

I think it’s a beautiful commercial.

The notes of the fragrance:

SUBJECT: Patchouli, Incense, Cashmere wood, Guaiac wood, Sandalwood
OPPOSED SUBJECT: Orange Blossom, Scots Pine, Cloves, Lentisk, Amyris
BASE: Elemi, Sweet orange, Black currant, Nutmeg, Notes of Smoke, Tobacco leaves

Sounds like something I’d love to try.

Incense is no surprise. That said, I expected more woods, metal and blood accord :cheesy::lolk:
Jokes on the side: orange, with woods, spices, incense and resins, sounds like SL Bapteme du Feu... let's see what Pippo will shell out of his hat this time!

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Indeed, but in Italian the name doesn’t mean sorcerer, it means something like little mouse.

And Andy is right that in Italy it wouldn’t be too creepy. Churches are full of relics of all sorts.

Minotauro

Jul 12, 2021
In many European countries Christianity has all kinds of relics; Italian, French or Spanish basenoters have to know it well.
And when I say of all kinds, they are of all kinds, and in quantity.
What about the holy foreskin or prepuce of our lord?

https://www.grunge.com/190620/the-worlds-most-fascinating-religious-relics/

I hope no one bothers if I say foreskin or prepuce...
I say it because of what happened yesterday, lest the Holy Inquisition act again ...

ctboom

Jan 14, 2016
When LAVS dropped, it was nearly a sensation and Sorcinelli positioned his biography as a backdrop perfectly--a dry-cleaner and scenter for the Vatican's garments. That perfume smelled like a UFO collision in a cathedral. I thought this commercial would be more, but perhaps I am reading a bit too much iconoclasm into his nature. He does seem to have a reverence to the powers of supreme Vatican aesthetics that's not mutable to irony.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
And Andy is right that in Italy it wouldn’t be too creepy. Churches are full of relics of all sorts.

The colorful statues and stained glass images in the parish church of my childhood (in Brooklyn, NY) made an impression. They tended to be quite intense.

Clarissochka

Jul 1, 2015
This is from the perfumer that found inspiration in Hannibal movie for his 'but not today' fragrance. Once I read description and a review of 'but not today', nothing else seems unusual.
I do appreciate his talent and out of box thinking, although I have not seen any of his work making a big splash after Lavs, although my personal favorite is IO NON HO MANI CHE MI ACCAREZZINO IL VOLTO. The cap on the bottle is creepy as hell thou, but makes a good cat toy.

Mai7

Aug 16, 2020
"Io non ho mani Che mi accarezzino il volto" is a beautiful perfume. The bottle could be very scary in the dark.
It seems to me that "evocative" is a primary theme of Unum. Very conceptual perfumes, pretty hard for them to make a big hit.

In Amber

Oct 12, 2019
Has anyone managed to try this yet ? I haven't seen a single review yet except for one in the Fragrantica database. It is showing as sold out on their website so I'm guessing some people must have it out there . But Not Today , Lavs, Io Non Ho Mani Che Mi Accarezzino il Volto and Opus 1144 are all really good for me plus the Sauf line from Filippo is great too .

thescentguru

May 12, 2019
As a photographer I thought the cinematic production very well conceived and executed. It's intent to inspire emotion, memory and even smell via moving picture well done, one of the best I've seen!

100% aimed at Christians, specifically Catholic, the film may alienate many other potential customers of other faiths, or not. Got my interest though.

Mai7

Aug 16, 2020
Has anyone managed to try this yet ? I haven't seen a single review yet except for one in the Fragrantica database. It is showing as sold out on their website so I'm guessing some people must have it out there . But Not Today , Lavs, Io Non Ho Mani Che Mi Accarezzino il Volto and Opus 1144 are all really good for me plus the Sauf line from Filippo is great too .Has anyone managed to try this yet ? I haven't seen a single review yet except for one in the Fragrantica database. It is showing as sold out on their website so I'm guessing some people must have it out there . But Not Today , Lavs, Io Non Ho Mani Che Mi Accarezzino il Volto and Opus 1144 are all really good for me plus the Sauf line from Filippo is great too .
I will surely go and try it, and post an update.
I'm just avoiding it for fear of liking it too much, since aquiring enough of perfume this year and being dead set on keeping my collection modest.
There is a bit more reviews for this on Fragrantica now, well worded.
I'm not so sure that this sold out and preorder thing is not a marketing gimmick, since they are offering two free perfumes with purchase.
Unum house is not that unknown anymore, it's much more mainstream now than the imagery would lead you to believe.
If you like all those scents of them you say you do, I'm pretty sure that Reliquia would not be that unsafe of a blind buy for you (yeah I know I said I haven't tried it, so this can sound like empty talk), you'd generally know what to expect.
I also saw they were selling samples, didn't check if they're still available.

Latest News