A question about Le labo oud 27

Mai7

Aug 16, 2020
I've only tried the edp, I can't find it available in the travel size and a big bottle is a big investment for me right now.
Did anyone here use the edp and the oil rollerball?
How does the oil version compare to the edp?
Thanks!

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
I have not tried the oil. Le Labo is usually pretty consistent across all products-ie meaning that all the range does smell like the perfume. But I don't know how long lasting the oil is.

I am seeing that online the oil goes for 150/30ml, while the perfume goes for 190/50ml, so the there's not much difference (there's also a 15ml for $80). I have used the body cream. It's much more muted than the perfume, but it does smell like it and it's quite long lasting. Again, not a substitute for the perfume, but it is cheaper.

cacio

Mai7

Aug 16, 2020
Well, do you know of an online site that ships the 15mls to Europe? I've searched and searched, but haven't found one.
I was actually considering the small oil rollerball version, it's 7 or 8 ml, I forget now.
Body creams are not for me, I put some on once a month maybe, probably even rarer.

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Have you tried Selfridges?

I agree spending a little more for a 50ml spray might be worth it. Even if the smell is exactly the same, I always seem to get better diffusion and performance from a spray.

Well, do you know of an online site that ships the 15mls to Europe? I've searched and searched, but haven't found one.
I was actually considering the small oil rollerball version, it's 7 or 8 ml, I forget now.
Body creams are not for me, I put some on once a month maybe, probably even rarer.

Mai7

Aug 16, 2020
Have you tried Selfridges?

I agree spending a little more for a 50ml spray might be worth it. Even if the smell is exactly the same, I always seem to get better diffusion and performance from a spray.

I know about Selfridges, concerning the Oud, they also only stock the 50 ml and above.
The thing is, a 50 ml bottle lasts me for a very long time and there was only one during the last decade which was actually spent in full. Others were sold as they were sitting in the closet half full.
It had even happened to me that I bought perfume and found it overbearing after only a wearing or two, although having them tested more than once before purchase.
That's why I am extremely weary of buying any larger sizes these days and I want to give everything a thorough testing.
The Oud 27 surprised me a lot. I tried it almost accidentally, it was a moment of let's see what this is, out of curiosity, and then bam!!
It seems to not be that popular in Europe, no samples, no decants, no small bottles and there are two other perfumes which take place in my head before Oud 27 for a big bottle purchase.
We'll see. ;)
And by the way, I find it similar to Dzing (in a good way)

Latest posts

Latest News