A Monday Sync dedicated to Gourmand, Oriental, and Sweet fragrances - Everyone’s Invited

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I am in Monday synch all day today - I started the day with Guerlain Lui for the balmy, soft tobacco/leather scent with some very slight sweetness, then applied some Black Opium Intense by YSL when I came back home from work for a true coffee, booze'n'sweets gourmand, and now, freshly showered and slowly readying for some reading in bed, I am enjoying the spicy, smoky, balmy goodness of YSL Opium.

Hope you enjoyed your fragrant day, too!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
As a post sync - Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
375x500.6103.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I am wearing a fresh and citrusy scent today as I often want to reach for these on Mondays, but yesterday evening I wore Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme (powdery marshmallows!) and for the night I chose Guerlain Shalimar Millesime Vanilla Planifolia which ticks everything for this synch - it's both sweet and oriental, and also a more gourmand flanker of a classic.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
How cold? What is the forecast?
There has been two arctic blasts this month where the daytime temps were below 10C/50F for several days. We normally only get a few days with below 10C temps per winter and they are usually in July or August not June. Today the expected temp is 11C/52F where I live but Melbourne is expecting a top of 15C/59F. It usually takes until early or mid afternoon to reach our top temp and it doesn't hold for that long before the temp starts dropping again. Feels extremely cold to us but for some parts of the world it is probably what they call mild.......

Last night, I wore Shalimar EDC by Guerlain.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I'm synching with bombastic, opulent Amouage perfume samples today - Memoir Woman (smoke, incense, resins and plum/cherry jam to sweeten it up, mysteriously seducing) on one arm, and Journey Woman (a sweet, apricotty and sunkissed tropical floral with some honeyed sweetness and with some resinous undertone to it to ground it all) on another.
Gorgeous.

Latest News