A lovely tuberose…

anoctua

Apr 9, 2021
I *never ever* do florals. Like never. I am a female who prefers unisex frags as a rule, but the occasional femme or masc scent slips into the collection. I loathe jasmine, I loathe most yellow and white florals and I’m not a fan of rose.

But I’ve smelled a couple of tuberose frags here and there and have quite liked them but never jumped out and grabbed a bottle because they’re just a bit too femme for me.

But today, I purchased the Diptyque Tubereuse room spray and I really really like it.

Could anyone recommend me a Tuberose frag that might suit? Nothing too heady (I get it Tuberose is generally heady!) and nothing super girly. The Diptyque is a bit femme but I do like it just the same so wonder what may be out there that might suit what I am after?

I know nothing of florals and Tuber so this is a dip-my-toes-in-the-water type of frag I am after!

_Nicolas_

Aug 16, 2021
Can't say I've tried many tuberose fragrances but I certainly think you should sample Champs Lunaires from Rogue Perfumery, the way the tuberose, white rose and coconut milk are balanced in the composition is divine to me! It's actually classed as unisex but leans slightly more feminine IMO. The rose is very light and present rather than dominant. It's definitely the sort of thing you could wear on a regular basis if you loved it, very bright, cheerful and airy!

Last edited:

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
The only tuberose fragrance I know of is Creed Tuberose Indiana. I like it, but it’s sweet and rosy. And some online commentary I’ve read states it’s not a true tuberose scent anyway.

Grace Coddington’s flagship fragrance is a lovely rose scent, not too “girly sweet,” just photorealistic rose. I love it, and it comes in a cool cat-shaped bottle. Again, though, it’s rose, not tuberose.

Manly tuberose is a tall order, striking me as exceedingly rare. Have you tried male-marketed rose scents, such as Aramis 900 and Amouage Lyric Man?

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Perris Monte Carlo Cacao Aztèque (don't let the name fool you, the tuberose is more central to this than the cacao). A spicy, chili pepper top, cooling tuberose, and a subtle, earthy cacao undercurrent are the core elements.

Last edited:

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
There are many worthy tuberoses. They tend to be bright and "pink-red", so to speak-so quite femme (rather than girly). I agree that Tubereuse criminelle, with its strong camphor notes, balances the femme part a bit. Histoires de parfums Tubereuse la animale has animalic musks, so more masculine, but perhaps not really tuberosy in the usual sense.

cacio

Jul 1, 2015
Really good suggestions for Carnal Flower and Champ Lunaris. I would also recommend Moon Bloom by Hiram Green and Ashes by Clandestine Laboratories. I think Hiram Green still sells travel sprays and Clandestine laboratories has a really good sampling program.

Sep 6, 2016
I *never ever* do florals. Like never. I am a female who prefers unisex frags as a rule, but the occasional femme or masc scent slips into the collection. I loathe jasmine, I loathe most yellow and white florals and I’m not a fan of rose.

But I’ve smelled a couple of tuberose frags here and there and have quite liked them but never jumped out and grabbed a bottle because they’re just a bit too femme for me.

But today, I purchased the Diptyque Tubereuse room spray and I really really like it.

Could anyone recommend me a Tuberose frag that might suit? Nothing too heady (I get it Tuberose is generally heady!) and nothing super girly. The Diptyque is a bit femme but I do like it just the same so wonder what may be out there that might suit what I am after?

I know nothing of florals and Tuber so this is a dip-my-toes-in-the-water type of frag I am after!
One of my favs is Jo Malone’s Tuberose & Angelica. It might be too heavy for you, but worth a sniff for sure!

ellebe

Feb 9, 2019
Another one for Carnal Flower.

Definitely agree with the suggestion of Champs Lunaire. Tuberose and Moss is worth looking at as well.

Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle is another good one.
Not sure if it's okay to say this here, but please correct me if I'm out of line: Costco-dot-com is selling Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle Eau de Parfum, 3.4 fl oz right now for $125. They've really upped their fragrance game in the last couple years & I've bought several frags there. No worries about fakes & easy returns as long as it's not half-gone. (I don't work for them, just a longtime member. I don't know if you need to be a member to shop online there.) (I can't help more, cuz I hate tuberose. About to sell a first edition Dior J'adore because the tuberose is killing me!)

aioosha

Mar 30, 2020
Not sure if it's okay to say this here, but please correct me if I'm out of line: Costco-dot-com is selling Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle Eau de Parfum, 3.4 fl oz right now for $125. They've really upped their fragrance game in the last couple years & I've bought several frags there. No worries about fakes & easy returns as long as it's not half-gone. (I don't work for them, just a longtime member. I don't know if you need to be a member to shop online there.) (I can't help more, cuz I hate tuberose. About to sell a first edition Dior J'adore because the tuberose is killing me!)
Sadly one has to be a member.

qwendy

Jan 1, 2005
I too detest white floral fragrences, ESPECIALLY tuberose, but not the real flower! I think it is most likely the way it is rendered synthetically that doesn't agree with me. Good to know about the Diptyque, as I will be in Paris in a couple of weeks and can try it.

I adore Mandy Aftel's Cepes Tuberose which is certainly an acquired taste (due to the earthiness of the Cepes=Porcini mushroom 🤣) but it uses Natural Tuberose which is completely different from everything else “Tuberose”.

Opiate

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2010
Carnal Flower and Robert Piguet’s Fracas are Tuberose staples. They’re worth blind buying samples or decants of.

Whether or not you take to them or find them too floral/feminine is another matter, but imo every Tuberose lover needs to at least try them.

ascentofdreams

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 18, 2021
I’m not into the super heady floral thing that tuberose often gets into however looooove L’Artisans Nuit de Tubereuse. Pink pepper, citrus, and non sweet mango to give a lift to the tuberose, keeping it on the green side of things with and with a your skin but better creamy dry down that is addictive. My second choice would be the Laboratorio Olfattivo Tuberosis mentioned above. Ellena‘s creations are always worth a try - it’s really beautiful and elegant.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
I’m not into the super heady floral thing that tuberose often gets into however looooove L’Artisans Nuit de Tubereuse. Pink pepper, citrus, and non sweet mango to give a lift to the tuberose, keeping it on the green side of things with and with a your skin but better creamy dry down that is addictive. My second choice would be the Laboratorio Olfattivo Tuberosis mentioned above. Ellena‘s creations are always worth a try - it’s really beautiful and elegant.
This sounds nice, and I'm going to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
I’m probably among the rare few who likes tuberose. One of the more masculine take on it is Sir Winston by Bortnikoff, where the tuberose is accented with a dry green tea note, backlit against white backdrop of ambergris and draped over a frame of white oud. Few enjoy it but I find it personally nostalgic, smelling like the insides of an empty pack of a particular brand of cigarettes my late father used to smoke.

aquila_2009

Persian Eagle
Basenotes Plus
Oct 16, 2014
Tuberose!it's such an incredibly gorgeous flower and having smelled it more and more often in many beautiful perfumes.for someone who likes tuberose but it seems to be so frequently done wrong,either it's too old or too musky or too hiden in a bouquet of other overwhelming flowers,these are tuberose done right.

Prada Infusion de Tubereuse
Moresque Lady Tubereuse
Gucci Bloom

Best Regards.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018

Richard James - Savile Row

Smooth and elegant.

I can't say I loathe flowers, but I'm definitely not a fan.

118164_58d5210005adcf90d1f0eb7d510ff0d6.jpg

Jan 29, 2020
DSH Tuberose and Truth or Dare (Madonna). The last one has been discontinued but we can still find bottles for a decent price.

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
I must admit that this question strikes me a little like asking for the best dress for a man. Of course, a kilt can sort of pass as dress-like, but if you really want a dress, you're almost certainly going to receive something that is fundamentally feminine.

Villoresi uses a nice rose in his 'Musk' fragrance. I don't think it's tuberose though.

EDIT: My apologies, I completely misread the first para and thought his was in the men's forum.

Try Prada's Fleurs d'Oranger. It has a lovely white floral and tuberose heart.

Latest News