A lounge just for us "Over sprayers" to discuss our SOTD and how many sprays were needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015
6 sprays of this beauty today! 👍
6c9fc166f620351fab8009e546a6d28c.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

rulopbo

Banned
Aug 1, 2015
Re: A lounge just for us "Over sprayers" to discuss our SOTD and how many sprays were needed.

I'm in...
But don't denigrate yourself man, you're not overspraying...

Overspraying means going over from what YOU like and need...

You're rocking your own perfume just fine with 6 sprays...

HackerX

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 21, 2004
Re: A lounge just for us "Over sprayers" to discuss our SOTD and how many sprays were needed.

8 sprays of Pure Havane today, getting beautiful wafts as we speak. :vrolijk_1:

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

I'm in...
But don't denigrate yourself man, you're not overspraying...

Overspraying means going over from what YOU like and need...

You're rocking your own perfume just fine with 6 sprays...
My sentiments exactly! Thanks for joining man👍

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

8 sprays of Pure Havane today, getting beautiful wafts as we speak. :vrolijk_1:
Dope! Enjoy man

sjg3839

Aug 21, 2012

6 sprays of Ambre Russe.

DuNezDeBuzier

Nov 7, 2009

13 shots of Arrogance Uomo... to the pecs / navel... all under a thick t-shirt and flannel. No one in the house could smell me unless they got close.

Whereas 2 shots of this stuff to exposed skin might just be an overspray depending on the company you keep.

Point is I'm more of a 'know thy fragrance' kind of user. And, yeah I guess many of you are probably thinking: this dude is fooling himself, he's THE stereotypical cologne guy. All I can say to that is I've been at this for decades and friends/family would've given a good verbal, if not physical, pummeling if I was ever responsible for a gas out. Never happened, don't expect it ever will.

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

That's what this lounge is for, buddy. We're not judging you at all on the amount of sprays you've used to smell good. Keep up the good work! Or should I say, "keep up the good SPRAYS!" 😁

Sabianman1

Aug 4, 2015

I'm not sure if this qualifies as overspraying or not but 4 sprays of Bleu De Chanel EDT.

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

I'm not sure if this qualifies as overspraying or not but 4 sprays of Bleu De Chanel EDT.
Not hardly bud!

anewtypedude

Jul 29, 2012

25 sprays of Secretions Magnifiques. Don't anyone of you dare leave the room I am in. You should all compliment me on how liberated I am at doing what I like and inhale my magnificence!

Sabianman1

Aug 4, 2015

13 shots of Arrogance Uomo... to the pecs / navel... all under a thick t-shirt and flannel. No one in the house could smell me unless they got close.

Whereas 2 shots of this stuff to exposed skin might just be an overspray depending on the company you keep.

Point is I'm more of a 'know thy fragrance' kind of user. And, yeah I guess many of you are probably thinking: this dude is fooling himself, he's THE stereotypical cologne guy. All I can say to that is I've been at this for decades and friends/family would've given a good verbal, if not physical, pummeling if I was ever responsible for a gas out. Never happened, don't expect it ever will.

Yeah, I really didn't start to be conscious of overspraying until I started reading about certain fragrances on here and the whole never more than 2-3 sprays max vibe. I have worn cologne for the last 20 years, both when I was young enough to live with my parents/siblings who would have not thought twice about telling me it was too much and now married with children and have never been told I was wearing too much. Quite the opposite, I got a lot of positive reactions as a young adult. Now, in an office setting I try to be conscious of my co-workers (again for fear of offending someone after reading so much about that on here) but even then anytime they mention it to me or I bring it up to them it is in a very positive way (like recommeding another co-worker smell me as well positive way).
Having said that, I do not wear cologne for compliments I wear it because I like the way it smells so the compliments don't really matter. But the fact that people go out of their way to say something positive indicates that it is not offensive and the amount I feel is right is for me. I think the overspray issue is blown out of proportion sometimes on here, though I have been around people on very rare instances who smell like they bathed in something. To further my point about my usage I currently use my wife for a guage to see if I am wearing too much. I often think I am surely projecting 2-3 feet she will have to be right up next to me to smell (insert fragrance here), and I am not talking about light fragrances either. I honestly belive my skin soaks up scent quickly as well so I'm sure this plays a factor. My point is I also use others I trust to guage my projection and I am never at "too much". I also have to encourage my wife to spray a little more. I like smelling a nice perfume from a couple feet away in the mid and drydown.

Sabianman1

Aug 4, 2015

Not hardly bud!

Haha!! I have to admit I did go a little conservative today for work... Tonight is either Pure Malt or DHI. I'll make up for it!

anewtypedude

Jul 29, 2012

25 sprays of Secretions Magnifiques. Don't any of you dare leave the room I am in!

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

Yeah, I really didn't start to be conscious of overspraying until I started reading about certain fragrances on here and the whole never more than 2-3 sprays max vibe. I have worn cologne for the last 20 years, both when I was young enough to live with my parents/siblings who would have not thought twice about telling me it was too much and now married with children and have never been told I was wearing too much. Quite the opposite, I got a lot of positive reactions as a young adult. Now, in an office setting I try to be conscious of my co-workers (again for fear of offending someone after reading so much about that on here) but even then anytime they mention it to me or I bring it up to them it is in a very positive way (like recommeding another co-worker smell me as well positive way).
Having said that, I do not wear cologne for compliments I wear it because I like the way it smells so the compliments don't really matter. But the fact that people go out of their way to say something positive indicates that it is not offensive and the amount I feel is right is for me. I think the overspray issue is blown out of proportion sometimes on here, though I have been around people on very rare instances who smell like they bathed in something. To further my point about my usage I currently use my wife for a guage to see if I am wearing too much. I often think I am surely projecting 2-3 feet she will have to be right up next to me to smell (insert fragrance here), and I am not talking about light fragrances either. I honestly belive my skin soaks up scent quickly as well so I'm sure this plays a factor. My point is I also use others I trust to guage my projection and I am never at "too much". I also have to encourage my wife to spray a little more. I like smelling a nice perfume from a couple feet away in the mid and drydown.
Sounds like you're telling my story, Sabianman1!

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012

25 sprays of Secretions Magnifiques. Don't anyone of you dare leave the room I am in. You should all compliment me on how liberated I am at doing what I like and inhale my magnificence!

25 sprays of Secretions Magnifiques. Don't any of you dare leave the room I am in!

Did you forget that you already posted in here? o_O

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

Haha!! I have to admit I did go a little conservative today for work... Tonight is either Pure Malt or DHI. I'll make up for it!
Good choices!! Pure Malt is still on my wish list!

mars_2005

Dec 28, 2013

6 sprays of this beauty today! 👍
6c9fc166f620351fab8009e546a6d28c.jpg

6 sprays
And in work aswell it looks like??

Haha....legend

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

DuNezDeBuzier

Nov 7, 2009

Overspraying?
Don't mind me. I'm here for observation. :vrolijk_1:
- Non-over-sprayer

I suggest that Overspraying is often used as hyperbole when, rather than being gasssed-out, a sensitive person simply smells any non-natural scent on someone else and they have a problem with it. I believe, at least for the time being.

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

Yes, Sir! My coworkers love this juice! Anything less than 6 and I'll start hearing things like, "why are you not wearing my favorite scent today," or.. "hey, I'm surprised you're not wearing a nice fragrance today".. 😁

Blame my coworkers for my madness!! Lol

Franco65

May 13, 2012

6 sprays of Pure Oud and maybe 20 sprays of Coromandel, today
yesterday was 15 sprays of Bois d'Ascese and some heartfelt compliments from a female coworker with a kiss on my cheek...:coolold:

bejahu

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 6, 2011

Terre d'Hermes: 5 sprays and loving every one of them.

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

6 sprays of Pure Oud and maybe 20 sprays of Coromandel, today
yesterday was 15 sprays of Bois d'Ascese and some heartfelt compliments from a female coworker with a kiss on my cheek...:coolold:
Great job!

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

If such lounge existed, would be among the first to join and quite likely to stay long-term
Absolutely!

Hawky454

Oct 25, 2014
A lounge just for us "Over sprayers" to discuss our SOTD and how many sprays ...

Did you forget that you already posted in here? o_O

Yeah... I thought that was kind of odd too.

On topic:

I put on at least 15 sprays of The One this morning. Already gone.... I actually keep getting wafts of Aventus that must have clung to my shirt and survived the rinse cycle.

Last edited:

ebear

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 8, 2006

A good 10 sprays of Roja Vetiver. Still feel like it's not enough. I wish it were as potent as some of his others, like Fetish and even Scandal.

Hawky454

Oct 25, 2014

A good 10 sprays of Roja Vetiver. Still feel like it's not enough. I wish it were as potent as some of his others, like Fetish and even Scandal.

who would of thunk it. Sounds like it's not even worth the discounted price. Roja can kiss off in my book. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Nexus6

Jan 3, 2009

Bentley for Men Intense. 6 sprays. I also did 6 sprays last week and I got some compliments on it. I guess it is the proper amount to wear.

Sabianman1

Aug 4, 2015

Good choices!! Pure Malt is still on my wish list!

Don't hesitate, easily my favorite Mugler if I could only keep one. Pretty sure fragrancenet has it discounted right now, just a FYI!

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

Don't hesitate, easily my favorite Mugler if I could only keep one. Pretty sure fragrancenet has it discounted right now, just a FYI!
Thanks for the info! I will definitely look into. I own Ultra Zest and Pure Coffee 😕

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006

And, to keep up with the established form, describing my current SOTD in a manner that might slightly remind of something else:

"Hi, I am ... and I'm an oversprayer. Just applied anywhere in between 6-8 sprays of Caractere by Daniel Hechter."

troybklynny

Jul 28, 2015

::Hugs:: Welcome! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News