A Lounge Just For Us "Over-Sprayers" - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
A very rare overspray for me, I'll be working from home all day and decided I want a cloud of Chanel Le Lion to enjoy throughout the day.

I've got a full bottle but trying to use up samples I have, so I did maybe 7-8 sprays form a sample vial, probably equal to 3-4 full bottle sprays, but still a lot for me with such a strong fragrance.

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
^I already regret it, haha. Not that the fragrance is overwhelming or choking me out, but I feel like the balance is way off with now. It is so much more enjoyable with a light spray or two, as are most things I find.

It's kind of like how the right amount of salt can make things taste much better, but too much and you just ruin the meal. Dosing a fragrance properly can make or break it sometimes.

I'll let myself out and return to my Under Sprayer's Lounge now. :vrolijk_26:

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
^I already regret it, haha. Not that the fragrance is overwhelming or choking me out, but I feel like the balance is way off with now. It is so much more enjoyable with a light spray or two, as are most things I find.

It's kind of like how the right amount of salt can make things taste much better, but too much and you just ruin the meal. Dosing a fragrance properly can make or break it sometimes.

I'll let myself out and return to my Under Sprayer's Lounge now. :vrolijk_26:

There are definitely fragrances that cannot be oversprayed for me. Prada l'Homme would be one of them, perhaps Ombre Nomade. I do find there is a balance with each fragrance, but some (especially cologne-style fragrances) are almost born to be oversprayed.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
I think I've retired from this thread.....I use to go with 7 or more of Polo but I feel like I'm wasting it with that many. I go with 4 or 5 nowadays and it feels just as good as the 7 or 8. As I exit stage left, ya'll enjoy your overspraying!

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
I think I've retired from this thread.....I use to go with 7 or more of Polo but I feel like I'm wasting it with that many. I go with 4 or 5 nowadays and it feels just as good as the 7 or 8. As I exit stage left, ya'll enjoy your overspraying!

You'll be missed around these parts. 4 or 5 does seem like a good amount with Polo, though. That stuff is pretty strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News