31 Days of Iris: A Day of Rest and Housekeping

During this project, I am assimilating a list of tempting iris fragrances that I have never heard of. I’m not going to share them just yet, because some appear to be unknown bargains that I, selfishly, want to purchase before I share them with any potential readers.

In the meantime, a confession: I bought some Insolence EDP this morning. I am trying to compete this project without spending fortune on new perfumes, but I really want my Insolence EDP in the old style bottle. I already long for the days of individually designed dedicated bottles almost as much as I do the days of coumarin and oakmoss.

I would also not mind some suggestions, if anyone reading these posts knows of something I should try. I went into this project with no real plannng, I just saw TCM’s “31 Days of Oscar” feature, and I thought, I want to do that with a perfume ingredient for a month. This being March, I decided that iris would be appropriate, and that is, literallyC as much forethought as I put into this.

Coming up: including but not limited to MPEG Iris Bleu Gris, Serge Lutens ISM, vintage versus current LHB, Chanel No. 19 and Coromandel EDT versus parfum, Ormonde Jayne Vanille Iris and Orris Noir, Nicolai Ambre Cashmere Intense and Fig-Tea, Cloon Keen Atelier Castana, Yardley Iris, the Prada Iris Infusions, Hermès Hiris, Bond 9 Silver Factory, and some new niche items I have not tried, yet. Plus some ruminations about what constitutes a “real’ iris perfume.

Do you, gentle readers, have a favorite iris perfume I should try to include? I’ll do my best to get anything you recommend. Until tomorrow—

Blog Comments

leenajohn

Apr 6, 2021
Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. <a title="acim podcast"href="https://www.spreaker.com/show/the_david_hoffmeister_show">acim podcast</a>

Add your Comments

Latest News