Yvresse / Champagne
Yves Saint Laurent (1993)

Overall

About Yvresse / Champagne by Yves Saint Laurent

Yves Saint Laurent
Pierre Dinand

Originally launched with the name "Champagne" until the Champagne makers got all uppity. It was renamed as Yvresse - a play on YSL's name.

Reviews of Yvresse / Champagne by Yves Saint Laurent

There are 40 reviews of Yvresse / Champagne by Yves Saint Laurent.

Yvresse brings to mind a supermodel of 90s wearing slingback heels,beige pantyhose. her frosted hair is done in a short style and she is wearing shimmery blue eyeshadow and peach lipstick.she is sitting on a vinyl chair with chrome legs in a room with dark wood paneled walls and orange shag carpeting, crossing her legs and leaning forward to light a cigarette.

This scent is very elegant and it has a classy vibe.an apricot scent wafts in the air as it begins,and a juicy ripe peach. fruity but not in a cheap or generic way.right from start this fragrance tells you just what it is,a sweet chypre fruity and like all the vintage chypre Yvresse has deepness and complexity.the dry down is very warm and it pluses off my skin for hours with a powdery combination of iris, rose,violet sandalwood,and the remnants of those earlier florals.the barest kiss of vanilla smooths everything together.a truly fantastic,lush, head-turning smell.
May 25, 2021

This what you wear on Christmas day if you want to piss everybody in the house off and ruin the turkey feast. Beware the last GWP was a fork to be stabbed in the eye with should you wear too much. Yep sillage from hell.
I always wondered what genius went from the notorious Champagne name to Yvresse, well done darling, clearly your finest hour!
Oct 9, 2020

A thick and creamy bowl of lychees and Peach Melba.

Mar 10, 2019

A very good friend just gifted me a vintage bottle of Champagne Parfum, and it is delightful.

I have not ever gotten my nose on any other formulas of this scent, so I cannot compare it to any others. This stays close to the skin, and is thankfully not loud nor brash.

I find it to be a clear melodic scent, with both depth and clear tone that cannot help but make me smile.

I'll write more later.
Feb 3, 2018

This review is for the reformulated Yvresse from the "La Collection", in the chubby cube bottle.

Well, since it's impossible to not compare this to the fabulous original formula, here goes my dissection of this monster:

*Triple the Litchi
*Halve the Stone Fruits & Violet
*Remove Coconut, Amber, and Woods

This reform is so sweet it actually makes me queasy. It isn't even as good as the Champagne dupe "perfume oil" I bought in Mexico a decade ago. I would never wear this even if I wasn't closely acquainted with the original. Maybe if it was layered with a woody, nutty, amber base it would improve. But, why bother?
Oct 23, 2017

Much admired by me when a friend wears the original Yvresse, not the La Collection, I can't bring myself to buy it. I won't, you know, the older I get, the less bombastic my fragrance loves are. Dear BAV was that femme fatale I fell in love with in the seventies and I don't wear it anymore. Sophia Grojsman, who authored Yvresse, made a very fine perfume, but the La Collection one is missing a link to the original, as I confirmed for myself today. It was unexpectedly at the YSL counter. I am lukewarm about Gabrielle, the new Chanel offering, but it's a fruity floral of today, so I'd put my money there.
Sep 22, 2017

Show more reviews of Yvresse / Champagne...

Add your review of Yvresse / Champagne